SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#188295 - 05/18/06 10:28 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
..you should still have some phase cancellation, but most likely less noticeable than the Yamaha sum output..

Maybe I should, but if it's there I can't hear it, so I'm not going to concern myself with it any longer.
DonM

#188296 - 05/18/06 10:43 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Don,

The results you have obtained are very interesting. I am quite pleased to hear that the Bose PAS is still the right choice for you. Congratulations on the new T2, I'm sure you will love every bit as much as your T1 and more so I expect.

On a side note is there a program that will re-title the factory songs in the music finder to a more understandable title?

If so please feel free to share it with me.

Best regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#188297 - 05/18/06 10:55 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Don,

Congrats !

#188298 - 05/18/06 11:00 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Prior to the Bose PAS I was using passive JBL 15's with a Peavey powered amp. I never went to the trouble of A-B'ing the two systems because the Bose blew me away the minute I hooked it up and tried various presets.

The JBL's have been retired. And, even the little Samson Powered Speaker I depended on for those really small jobs has been gathering dust, despite the fact it is easier and quicker to set up.

Stereo/Mono has been a non-issue for me. Apparantly it is a non-issue for my audiences as well. I have had nothing but positive comments since becoming a Boser.
Eddie

#188299 - 05/18/06 11:15 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
Don,

The results you have obtained are very interesting. I am quite pleased to hear that the Bose PAS is still the right choice for you. Congratulations on the new T2, I'm sure you will love every bit as much as your T1 and more so I expect.

On a side note is there a program that will re-title the factory songs in the music finder to a more understandable title?

If so please feel free to share it with me.

Best regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis, I haven't been able to find it either. I have posted a request at PSR Tutorial and also emailed Scott Yee.
When I find it, I'll pass it along.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 05-18-2006).]

#188300 - 05/18/06 11:30 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here you go:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php/topic,875.0.html

Eric

#188301 - 05/18/06 11:30 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Thanks Eric! I'm on it!
Don

#188302 - 05/18/06 11:32 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

We listened to the Pianos, organs guitar, styles, brass -- everything. It sounded fantastic.

Don: Did you play the T2's stereo sampled "Live Grand Piano" voice, completely alone (without auto accompaiment)?

Which Bose EQ Preset was used?

- Scott

#188303 - 05/18/06 11:39 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
is there a program that will re-title the factory songs in the music finder to a more understandable title?

Here's a DIRECT DOWNLOAD link:

Tyros2 Music Finder with Corrected Names

1) Copy the file onto USB Flash stick & insert it into your keyboard.

2) Select [FUNCTION] - [UTILITY] - [SYSTEM RESET] - [MUSIC FINDER FILES]

3) Go to the USB page - and select the Music Finder file from the display.

4) Select [REPLACE] This will replace the original Music Finder list with non-cryptic titles.

Note: You'll find the original Music Finder file on the [PRESET] page - in case you want to revert back to the factory original cryptic named file.

- Scott

#188304 - 05/18/06 11:54 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Scott, thank you.
I used the Bose flat, with no preset. Actually preset zero.
I did play the Stereo Grand Piano. It sounded Grand indeed!
Don

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online