SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#188315 - 05/18/06 04:22 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Robert...
When referring to the Bose PAS
The Basic Package consists of:
One L1 Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker (two 3 1/2 ft. pieces that snap together to make the 7 ft."pole")and PS1 power stand
One R1 remote control
Professional padded gig bags (black with white Bose logo) for: L1-top, L1-bottom, and PS1 power stand.

DonM, Gary and I are using this basic package. Others have added a second B1 or used two or more basic systems, some with added B1's.

And then there is DNJ who used to have the basic system. Different strokes for different folks.

Eddie

#188316 - 05/18/06 05:04 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Holey moley, a T2! I'm behind the times.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#188317 - 05/18/06 05:13 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
DonM ... CONGRATS and many years of BEAUTIFUL MUSIC ... or until something else comes along ... ...
maybe someday ...
t.

#188318 - 05/18/06 09:01 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Interesting, especially if you played the stereo Grand Piano in 'solo' exposed mode (no auto accompaniment). Hmmm. I suppose Donny should have kept his PAS system then?! For whatever reason, when I last audtioned the PAS with it's 'new' EQ settings, going out Tyros Left and RT channels separately, as well as into the 2 separate channels on the Bose PAS, I still heard serious 'stereo phase cancellation' sound degradation. I've wanted to upgrade my existing PA system to a Bose PAS for quite some time, but until I'm convinced that the stereo phase cancellation problem has really been resolved with the Tyros2 + PAS system, I'm sticking with my current EV SxA100 active PA speaker setup until I upgrade to the awesome sounding EV SxA360's. - Scott [/QUOTE]

Scott, I have no regrets in selling my Bose PAS.......My Mackie 450's are doing a spectactular job night after night

Now Scott someone has to be CORRECT here ?.....how can some one say its sounds great & you say your hearing "serious 'stereo phase cancellation' sound degradation" ? those statements are not even close but if thats what you hear with Mono vs Stereo & the T2 then so be it.... I personally will agree with you after playng the T2 for s week or so on stage I prefere using Two Powered speakers in Stereo

Oh Boy

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-19-2006).]

#188319 - 05/18/06 09:29 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Congratulations Don,

best wishes
rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#188320 - 05/19/06 08:26 AM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Dnj Offline

Don.....so tell us hows it going with the new T2 after a few Gigs? did you record with the HD yet 60G /80G ?

#188321 - 05/19/06 12:39 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott, I have no regrets in selling my Bose PAS . . . how can some one say its sounds great & you say your hearing "serious 'stereo phase cancellation' sound degradation" ? I personally will agree with you after playng the T2 for s week or so on stage I prefere using Two Powered speakers in Stereo

Donny: This has remained a quandry for me as well. Individual genetic and/or earing perception differences between people perhaps. Why do some people prefer one style of music or like one color (blue/red) over another? I'm glad that everyone here is happy with their respective PA Systems choices. I certainly am with mine. - Scott

PS: Btw, just received your "Swingin' With the Big Bands" CD you sent me in the mail. Very nice tune selection ... great vocals & impressive sounding Midjay backup. Donny, you certainly knocked it 'out of the park' with your latest CD. Bravo! Scott

#188322 - 05/19/06 07:47 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Dnj Offline

Scott.....thanx for the kudos.....It was my pleasure to send my new CD to as my gift to a friend & fellow musician. I hope in the future you will take the time to record your own CD of Songs & share it with us here at the SZ also!

Now back to the topic at hand....
Tonight as an experiment, I only used one Mackie 450 speaker with the T2 at a small Bowling banquet.....no problem to cover the room, BUT I definitly noticed sound degragation especialy in the Live Grand Piano which sounds very thin and dead without any body....amongst others sounds too....there is a big difference to my ears as the night before I used two speakers in stereo...
the T2 depends heavily on Stereo Sampling on many sounds & styles & without using two speakers leaves alot to be desired....Im convinced Now & will be Only using two speakers on jobs with the T2...either my big setup two 450's or on small jobs my little system [2] Bose 161's w/ TRS Ms02 Sub.......I also want to thank Scott Yee for calling me today & discusing some speaker issues I had..its was great to chat with each other while we were both in between gigs & 3000 miles apart

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-19-2006).]

#188323 - 05/19/06 09:08 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As you well know, plugging into one Mackie is far different from plugging into a Bose PAS.
I did notice something today though. It seems that the T2 sounds better when plugged into inputs 3 and 4 than it does into 1 and 2. Or maybe it was just my ears.
Anyway, the "phase cancellation" is a non-issue for me.
I am loving the Tyros 2 after a double today. I have another double tomorrow. Maybe by Monday I'll have time to make some more observations.
DonM

#188324 - 05/19/06 10:20 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Don, bienvenido....al T2 Club!!.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online