SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#190398 - 10/18/05 06:52 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I just looked at another photo of the Bose. Would it work if only two pieces of the tower were connected? I really believe they only had two pieces of the tower connected, but I could be wrong.
DonM

Its possible the Sub wasnt connected Don....that would be the cause of not hearing Bass......I use it every nite and it sounds wonderful crisp & clean you can always add a second sub untit for more bass if needed too...plus its nothing to transport.

#190399 - 10/18/05 06:54 AM Re: Bose PA questions
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
1. The PAS will work with no sub attached at all.
2. It will also work if you use only the lower L1 (just the pole that goes into the base).
3. It will also work if the remote is not hooked up.

But, none of those scenerios is how it is intended.

Another common mistake made is hooking up the sub to the wrong speakon connection on the base. (I did it twice befoe taping off the wrong one.)

Don...consider the 45 day free trial from Bose.

Eddie

#190400 - 10/18/05 07:22 AM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I did the same thing Don I was down on my knees with my ear next to the sub to see if it was working and one thing I can definately tell you is when it is working you don't have to put your ear near it to hear it and you can feel it.
It put out better bass and bottom end than the 15" jbl sub.
I spent many years as a bass player so I judge all things first by the bass response.
Like I said I made that mistake ( not having the sub hooked up) and someone here pointed out that Bose said that is the number one customer service call from new owners.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 10-18-2005).]

#190401 - 10/18/05 08:15 AM Re: Bose PA questions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don,

I suspect the kid didn't have a clue where and how to hook things up. If the sub is connected properly, it will blow the walls out!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190402 - 10/18/05 09:09 AM Re: Bose PA questions
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The reason we haven't heard from UD (remember him? ) is the Bose system[s] he purchased put him in such arrears financially that he had to sell his Computer to get out from under the debt and hence no more UD.

Just kidding of course but could there be an ounce of truth to the above statement?

In my opinion the Bose PAS is "way" overpriced for what you get and it is such an obstacle to transport it/them and set them up, not to mention break them down and 're-transport' them. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.. Heave HO!

Also Bose is very conniving in that they don't give the specifications on the PAS or any of their other products on their web site that I'm aware of. All other Companies that are respectable that I know of give all the "details" of their products right out in the open. Not so with Bose and in this case the PAS. You actually have to read the Owners Manual to get an inkling of the Specifications and unfortunately even the Manual is severely lacking regarding comprehensive detail as to its specifications. For instance there is no mention of the Sub's specifications in the Manual that I could tell.

Bose marketing is just that, i.e. "Marketing". It's not about informing customers the intimate details regarding their products but about selling a 'name' to an unsuspecting and unaware public. They want to basically keep you in the dark and sorry to say it 'ignorant' about their products and want you to essentially trust them that they know what they're doing because "we've been in business soooooo long" and we're "BOSE" so you can trust us. It's all marketing hype and they're very good at it because they've been doing it for soooooo long. Give us your bucks and we'll give you.. er.. ... "oh, just trust us?"

My 2˘

Best regards,
Mike

#190403 - 10/18/05 09:21 AM Re: Bose PA questions
btweengigs Offline

Mike...
Bose has tons of info out there. And they are very Googalable. About the only thing I found hard to find was the wattage output, which is 1400 peak, or about 700 RMS.

The Bose techs are also very helpful and available toll-free.

Eddie

#190404 - 10/18/05 11:20 AM Re: Bose PA questions
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Mike...
Bose has tons of info out there. And they are very Googalable. About the only thing I found hard to find was the wattage output, which is 1400 peak, or about 700 RMS.

The Bose techs are also very helpful and available toll-free.

Eddie

Eddie I'm sorry to inform you that the RMS wattage on the PAS is only 250W. PS: That was taken right from the Manual.

Yes there is a lot of info floating around the internet but unfortunately a lot of it is not accurate. We should be able to go directly to the Manufacturer (Company) to get it from the horse's mouth. Unfortunately Bose's mouth tends to be on the shut side.

Best regards,
Mike

#190405 - 10/18/05 11:57 AM Re: Bose PA questions
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Here is what the Bose site says:

" What is the power rating of the System?

The system delivers 750 Watts continuous power, broken down into 3x250 Watts (RMS). Each of the two sections of the L1 Cylindrical Radiator? loudspeaker handle 250 Watts and another 250 Watts are delivered into up to two B1 bass modules.

This is both the power rating of the power amplifiers and the loudspeakers. Each rating has been established individually through industry standard measurements. These ratings do NOT reflect the actual power that is typically produced by the power amplifier and consumed by the loudspeaker.

We also would like to point out that the power amplifiers, loudspeakers and internal limiters are exactly matched. This makes it virtually impossible to overdrive the loudspeaker and to clip or overload amplifiers while at the same time using all available resources very efficiently. "

DonM

#190406 - 10/18/05 11:57 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

In my opinion the Bose PAS is "way" overpriced for what you get and it is such an obstacle to transport it/them and set them up, not to mention break them down and 're-transport' them. Back and forth, back and forth,

Mike are you using one?
Take it from a Pro who uses the PAS every day & nite at different venues the above statement is pure BS imo, its the best system I ever heard or used on stage in 35yrs performing period!...not to mention the easiest to transport in a vehicle due to its futuristic design.
sorry I disagree totaly with ya

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-18-2005).]

#190407 - 10/18/05 12:12 PM Re: Bose PA questions
btweengigs Offline

Mike...
I'm not going to get in a spittin' match with you. The guys at Bose would love to hear from you.

Call Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 and we’ll do everything possible to help you.

Eddie

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online