SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#195156 - 11/07/04 05:25 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Roel Offline

I always was wondering how many readers/members the synthzone has.

Just got a mail from my dealer telling the number of hits on www.rolandg70.com since the anouncement of the G70 news/samples.

For october 14000 ! (only the last week)
For november 30000 hits. (only in the first week)

So the family is not limited to the (active) members but much much bigger.

#195157 - 11/07/04 05:52 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
I always was wondering how many readers/members the synthzone has.

Just got a mail from my dealer telling the number of hits on www.rolandg70.com since the anouncement of the G70 news/samples.

For october 14000 ! (only the last week)
For november 30000 hits. (only in the first week)

So the family is not limited to the (active) members but much much bigger.

Ciao Roel
i dont think so..
In October they get only 35 visit and 419 hits
In november 195 visit and 3294 hits...
here is the link stats: http://www.rolandg70.com/webstat/

A lot of difference for what you say.
domenik

#195158 - 11/07/04 06:10 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Roel Offline

Thanks! I see, the numbers are not correct... I'm sorry for that.

I can be wrong but isn't there a word 'daily' and 'monthly' total in the sheet-headers?

October 13000 hits
November 23000 hits
Still encredible... how many people came to the site through synthzone, don't you think ?

btw :
Your company seems to be shipping since a few months?
Can I visit a Dutch or German dealer that is able to show me the Mediastation? (the current video demo is of poor quality too)

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-07-2004).]

#195159 - 11/07/04 09:09 AM Re: G70 samples available !
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
October 13000 hits
November 23000 hits

Are those Page views or unique users?

Page hits are mis-leading. If someone visits your site and keeps hitting refresh in the browser, they will generate a page hit!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#195160 - 11/08/04 02:23 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
In practice it's impossible to determine if different hits correspond to different users. One way of removing some incertainty is to check the computer IP accessing the site, but even then: 1) many users can 'hide' behind a single IP (local network behind a firewall); 2) one user is certainly responsible for many hits (several pages) in a site and can be a regular visitor. And, of course, what kbrkr writes is also true.

I think a more realistic idea of the site's popularity can be probably drawn from the orange bar, at the right side of the first pic (numbers not in the table, and a little smaller than the yellow visits bar).

It's amazing how easy it is to misinterpret 'statistic results', or in worst cases, how much manipulation can be done with this 'clean science' (not the present case, I'm sure about it!). A classic and very fun to read book about this topic is Darrell Huff's "How to Lie With Statistics".

This being said, I'm sure G70 will be a big 'hit'!

-- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 11-08-2004).]

#195161 - 11/08/04 04:59 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Roel Offline

Thanks José,

What I only tried to say is how many readers this forum has and the impact of anouncing some news. (from almost no hits, to a huge amount)

Is there a way to see the actual visits of this forum ?

Roel

#195162 - 11/10/04 11:43 PM Re: G70 samples available !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:

Mike, what about a little apology with both the dutch and the norwegian members of our Forum? In my opinion you succeeded in the not-so-easy task of killing two birds with one stone, i.e. offending TWO countries with just one posting.
I am impressed!

Andrea,

Let me start by saying I had no intention by my words of offending anyone let alone killing two birds with one stone as you describe.

Aren't people in Norway considered Norwegians? My statement was concerning people which I thought were in Noordwijk, which is in Norway, no?

Believe me Andrea, there was no bitterness or ill will directed towards anybody in my statements. I was simply telling a "matter of fact" statement (something that I preceived by observation) and I was trying to do it in a joking way, as you should be able to tell by the use of my smilies.

I think something got lost in the translation as they say.

I realize that if you are not of American descent and haven't grown up speaking English in America then it can be difficult to correctly analyze and decipher the underlying intent of our writings in some instances... Like the one I wrote. Which I'm sure would be the same scenario for me trying to correctly decipher Italian's lingo and their underlying intent in some cases, even though they do speak English.

So let me say it again Doctor , there was no 'ill' feelings at all toward anybody in my post. Just for the record.... You do keep records, don't you Andrea?

Being a Pediatrician they should be a mile high or so I would reckon.

Best regards,
Mike

#195163 - 11/11/04 12:05 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Mike,
I appreciate your words and thank you for taking the time to write them.
I thought (erroneously) that it was apparent to everybody that Roel (the starter of this topic) is not norwegian, but dutch instead, so norwegians had NOTHING to do with the G70 demo and the pictures Roel posted.
I realize that sometimes you have a very "light" way to take things.... should we all consider this as a reason for not being "liable" for what you write? Would you be happy this way?
Now, just to give you an example, I am NOT a pediatrician, and my profile clearly shows my specialization!
Best regards
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 11-11-2004).]

#195164 - 11/11/04 12:13 AM Re: G70 samples available !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Andrea,

Let me start by saying I had no intention by my words of offending anyone let alone killing two birds with one stone as you describe.

Aren't people in Norway considered Norwegians? My statement was concerning people which I thought were in Noordwijk, which is in Norway, no?

I think something got lost in the translation as they say.

I realize that if you are not of American descent and haven't grown up speaking English in America then it can be difficult to correctly analyze and decipher the underlying intent of our writings in some instances... Like the one I wrote. Which I'm sure would be the same scenario for me trying to correctly decipher Italian's lingo and their underlying intent in some cases, even though they do speak English.

So let me say it again Doctor , there was no 'ill' feelings at all toward anybody in my post. Just for the record.... You do keep records, don't you Andrea?

Being a Pediatrician they should be a mile high or so I would reckon.

Best regards,
Mike

Well Mike, if you browse the net for Noordwijk, you get a minimum of 50 pages of Noordwijk HOLLAND, IOW The Netherlands. You speak about analyzing and deciphering the language. I can tell you I have spent a total of 6,5 years in the States and been married to a british lady for 8 years. I would say you missed with your posting.
I shall agree with you, the people on the demo did look miserable, but don't try to tap dance away from the fact that you goofed when trying to translate Noordwijk into Norway. An unconditional retreat was your best way out, and you missed the opportunity.

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#195165 - 11/11/04 03:07 AM Re: G70 samples available !
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hmmm... and who said the Norwegians do not
smile now and then? Btw, it's me in the
middle
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online