SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#201729 - 11/11/05 12:42 PM So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Dnj Offline

It seems to have died own a bit whats happeneing out there in Tyros2land ? I guess many are still waiting for the units/or ? Anyone?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-11-2005).]

#201730 - 11/11/05 02:14 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
They are all out working to pay for all that money they paid out in part-ex for the B...thing Ha!!!

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 11-11-2005).]

#201731 - 11/11/05 03:13 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Roel Offline

We (the owners) enjoy this great machine very very much, so there is almost no time left to join discussions at SZ and other forums.

About 10 of my friends did order the T2 immediately after they saw/heard it... so don't worry
The sales beat EVERY record and Yamaha was right in telling : "The T2 is a true revolution in music!" .... the best I've seen/owned without any doubts.

I played hours & hours and did not notice any malfunctions or glitches/bugs in the T2, so Yamaha kept its promise : "The product will be 99.99% ready and bug-free" (Many other brands do not)

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-12-2005).]

#201732 - 11/11/05 07:01 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?

VERY Happy ! ! !

Sorry I haven't a chance to post for the past few days. In addition to (finally) recovering from a bad cold, I've been spending every spare minute (enjoying) playing my new Tyros2, of which has included customizing my T2 MusicFinder song database to include my own unique complete song performance repetoire, both integrating my T1 MusicFinder song database, and adding fresh new T2 style song arrangements as well. I've now got over 1,200 of my own select songs to choose from when performing.

Ok folks. I realize I've been deliquent in posting T2 demo songs. I haven't forgotten. I'll try to get something out in the next couple of days, but it may have to be an instrumental, as my voice is still hoarse from the bout of laryingitis I got with the cold. It seems that everytime I get sick, I get laryingitis too. I'm wondering if any other singers here are prone to this a well. I suspect that we vocalists are especially suseptible because we put extra demands on our voice, making our vocal cords especially vulnerable for colds to settle there. Interested if other singer performers here have experienced this too.

Ok, in addition to upcoming demo songs, I still promise to share my thoughts (I have a lot of them) about Tyros2. I guess I have a busy weekend of catch up work.

Scott

#201733 - 11/11/05 11:14 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
The best thing for a sore throat etc is a warm salt water gargle.It works for me.
I find that when I am singing but not to excess I get less colds.
If the diaphram is used properly the deep breathing helps to keep the the lungs clear.
A lot of modern popular singers put a lot of strain on the throat.Classical singers learn to avoid this.
Just another tip.Before I perform I will suck a boiled lolly.This seems to clear and relax the throat.
When I was young I had a bout of quinzy and my mum was quick to treat it with salt water.
It came up and was burst within three days.
You go to a doctor and he will give you an antibiotic which takes a fortnight to work.

Hope this helps.

Cousin Ken

#201734 - 11/12/05 04:10 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Extremely happy with Tyros 2, it's the best I've ever purchased. Easy to use, superb sounds and styles and the hard drive recording is easy to use. When I get more time I'll post some songs somewhere.

#201735 - 11/12/05 04:45 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
2 thumbs up for the Tyros2 !
I am very pleased with the overall sound
I have played it once with my band and they found the guitars and brass sounds incredible!
I now must find out the possibility's (?) of the sample player.
The only minor point is the size of a song made of a cd, ± 35Mb!
I hope they make it possible to play Mp3 file's on the T2

Best Regards
Arno.

#201736 - 11/12/05 05:04 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Roel Offline

Hi Arno,
Your HDD is 40 Gigs, right ? (how many songs do you want to store there? )
MP3 is a way of compression in which you always lose some quality compared to WAV-format.... so I think it is a 'plus' T2 uses WAV. (excellent quality)

The USB interfaces are USB1 standard what means a few minutes to transfer WAV data from T2 to PC. (I wonder why Yamaha did not put a USB2 in it... what is about 10 times the USB1 speed)

#201737 - 11/12/05 06:07 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you use the highest bit rate on mp3 or wma, then unless you have a high-end audio system, you will probably not notice any difference, the down side is that the file size becomes considerably larger.
Also editing of a wave file is a lot easier then having to deal with compression at the same time.
Regarding USB, since it was introduced there have been 3 different speeds over the years.
1. USB1 1.5Mbits per second.
2. USB 1.1 12Mbits per second
3. USB 2 480Mbits per second
Its main competitor however, called Firewire/ IEE1394/ Ilink has also increased in speed, from its original 400Mbits per second to 800Mbits per second.
Probably the reason Yamaha did not fit USB 2 is because USB 2 did not really become a standard computer motherboard fitment until the P4 came out in about 2002, were as taking in to account the 137Gb hard disk limit, and PC133 memory that is used in the Tyros 2, this would indicate that it uses the old P3 technology, which only went up to USB 1.1.
However old technology or not, it is still a dam good board.

Bill

#201738 - 11/12/05 06:11 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I confronted the Yamaha reps about several issues on Thursday, particularly the lousy, outdated LCD display, and they acted as if they had never heard of sunlight viewable displays. Ironically, then they talked about the added expense it would take to produce this type of display. When I showed them my $12 Timex watch with a sunlight viewable screen, they said the resolution was very low in the watch. Guess what Yamaha--the resolution in the keyboard's LCD display is also very low--not nearly as high as most inexpensive, sunlight viewable, full-color marine fathometers costing less than $150. Gee, would anyone paying $3,200 for a Tyros2 care if you added another $100, or even $200, for a high-contrast, high-resolution, sunlight-viewable display? I don't think so! The display on my boat's depth finder is 1024 X 768 pixels and you can see fish on the display from the other end of the boat.

Additionally, the Tyros2 LCD display seems to be significantly worse than the Tyros1 and PSR-3000 displays, which are also not what they should be by a long shot. There have been lots of reports about the display since this board hit the streets, and to date, none are glowing.

Cmon' Yamaha, get with the program.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 11-12-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#201739 - 11/12/05 06:35 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I was hoping to hear ( see ) more glowing reports. I wanna like this board a lot before I even consider it.... Perhaps DNJ and I are close to being in the same camp on this one. Even though I've become fairly well versed in the techno mumbo jumbo end of it, my first concern when I consider a major purchase like this is what kind of tool will it be to cater to the musician and performer in me. I think we recognize that any choice comes with it's good points but there are also going to be inevitable compromises when going to a locked in hardware system, and we're at the mercy of what the companies decide is best for the board.

I want to say it's hard to believe that Yamaha didn't upgrade to USB 2 or go better than PC133 memory, but it really isn't as I realize that these projects are probably on the drawing board for a couple of years at least before they get released, hence the use of Simms for memory in the Original Motif.

My choice hasn't gotten any easier. I can get a brand new T1 for 500 Usd less. I know the T2 has some worthy new bells and whistles, but the question is whether these will make that much a difference to me ( personally of course ).

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-12-2005).]

#201740 - 11/12/05 06:35 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

Additionally, the Tyros2 LCD display seems to be significantly worse than the Tyros1 and PSR-3000 displays, which are also not what they should be by a long shot. There have been lots of reports about the display since this board hit the streets, and to date, none are glowing.
Cmon' Yamaha, get with the program.
Gary

Gary I hope maybe someday these companies adopt your thoughts on improving the display screens in KB's because it purly stinks in an outdoor situation for sure as it stands now, not to mention under certain indoor stage lighting scenarios too, Argg! I guess you just have to put it on the list of things you have to use "workarounds" to perform with as usual.........;(

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-12-2005).]

#201741 - 11/12/05 07:24 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
this may sound a bit dumb but, would it be possible to put the info screen from your psr onto your laptop?i was just thinking of the people that use them.

#201742 - 11/12/05 08:02 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
svpworld Offline

Given there is now a high quality VGA RGB output on Tyros 2, I can see many outdoor performers using an external LCD monitor or CRT.

As for what my opinion is now of having Tyros 2 for a few weeks, well its now I realise that the PSR3000 was not as similar to Tyros as I had thought! The sound fidelity and quality of Tyros 2 is really a cut above the PSR's, even when comparing the same voices.

I have already began exploring creating new styles for Tyros 2. Initially I was a bit disapointed not being able to select Super Articulation voices when creating styles, but I've found a way around this. Even so you can access all the megavoices (which in effect are what the SA voices control).

My fave performance voices are so far in order of preference, SA concert guitar, SA movie strings, SA sax, SA warm electric... and then a few more thousand! The styles are fine, but to be honest I always find them too busy and thick for my taste - I usually mute a few tracks or use my own. The HDD recorder is great for ideas and the sampling feature is something I am looking forward to exploring when I've more time.
I've learnt to live with the slight sluggish control actions on certain screens, I find the main display much easier to capture what's going on and the improved registration memory names a boon. The great thing is that everything works as it did in Tyros 1 and even 3000, so its easy to navigate... However changing voices on the fly is still easier with some pre-planning, again the button pushing with voice banks isn't immediate.

I think its the sheer quality of sound from T2 that is most captivating and enticing.. Just sitting down at evening with a solo voice, or laying an electric piano and solo SA voice... you really have to hear it through a quality HiFi system to appreciate the depth and clarity of sound.

I still find Yamaha basses a bit thin and I think there's a long way to go in getting a decent thick and warm bass sound. Maybe a bit more processing could help, but its one area I feel lacks.

The new drum kits and of course the standard live kits are really great, but you need to manually program them with human touch to appreciate the multi layered samples and dynamics.

The new nylon guitars are breathtaking and add a significant layer of icing on the cake. There's quite a few new synth pads too, though nothing amazingly different from the normal Yamaha synth voices you get.

As for the pianos, well I also play a Clavinova CLP170 so I guess I'll never be happy with these... but I've found increasing the brightness of the grand piano to about 75 has a dramatic improvement. I think they are just fine for a keyboard, and do the trick.

USB storage is brilliant, long live USB and bury the floppy disks! Two ports enable me to plug in my gooseneck USB LED light stick.

Oh and the Tyros 2 seems easy to carry about now, with more to catch hold of under the sides of the case. It feels heavier though than T1.

I guess if I was to ask for some improvements, it would be a faster CPU to reduce the somewhat sluggish responses and delays when certain functions are used on the Music Database. I'd like to see the Music Database do more than just hold a style and tempo.. and a memory card slot would have been handy.

Otherwise can't think of much to add to what is already a great machine. Tyros 1 is still an incredible keyboard, T2 only builds on this to satisfy the ever demanding pro's, performers and enthusiasts.

Regards
Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#201743 - 11/12/05 08:52 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Bluezplayer Offline

Nardoni,

I would think so, but video is one area of the computer that I am not very well versed in. OTOH, I want to get a smaller portable screen for my laptop, because I dislike having it "up in my face" when i'm playing live.

Simon, I'm pretty convinced that if I decide to go the Tyros route, that I will probably spring for the T2. Just having the improved keybed alone makes it a better choice for me. I doubt I'd use the sampling function all that much, but now that you mentioned not being able to use the SA voices ina user style ( no big deal for me ) I'm still a little curious to know if sampled user voices can be used in styles, particularly user styles.

Well, it looks like it comes down to T2, oe hope to get to tryout a PA1x. I won't buy a PA1x w/o a thorough workout. There would have to be major improvements in a few of the acoustic lead voices for me to consider it.

What I really want is a suitable all in one, because a couple of the places I am going to play are pretty tight for space. Otherwise, when space isn't a big concern, I'm perfectly fine with the my software setup and the Motif ES as my controller, and sometimes I setup the PA80 along with it as well.

AJ

#201744 - 11/12/05 10:57 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I to echo what Simon wrote about our new TY2. I am so happy with it that my socks are rolling up and down. I have 11 keyboards at present and have had many more then that so I can qualify this board as being a good one.
The only problem I have run into that is driving me nutzo is the USB-Midi driver that came on a Cd with the keyboard, and also included the voice editor.
I have spent the last few days trying to get this driver installed on the P4 INtel Sony Vaio desktop with no luck. It installs but will not enable. The voice editor installs but will not function without that driver.
Now..............it is interesting to note that I brought the new Toshiba Satellite Laptop computer in to the studio and the Driver and voice editor installed without any problem. The Toshiba has a 17 inch screen so I can work with it but didn't want to except when traveling in the motorhome.
I wonder if the fact that this computer has the drivers for the Technics computers installed in it creates this problem. Or the Cakewalk Deluxe Pro Audio V 9?
I am amazed that with 20 years of experience with computers and electronic keyboards that I am unable to resolve this problem. Do any of you folks have any ideas for me to pursue. I have run out of ideas and Yamaha has not yet responded to my email plea for help I sent them thursday.
Best to all and thanks for any help you may send my way
BEBOP

#201745 - 11/12/05 11:25 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Bill

As per my email, I highly suspect the conflict is with your installed Technics USB driver. I do NOT have that installed on any of my computers.

I know it is a big hassle, but the way to check is to:
1. uninstall the Technics driver,
2. uninstall the Yamaha driver,
3. reboot and
4. reinstall the Yamaha driver.
That test would determine if there is a driver conflict between the two.

Tom G.

[This message has been edited by TomTomSF (edited 11-12-2005).]

#201746 - 11/12/05 01:00 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Craig_UK Offline

Hi BEBOP. I had trouble installing the USB driver to start off with from the CD but I then downloaded it off Yamaha's site. I'm not sure if this was a newer release but the file was bigger and it installed straight away.
Only thing I have to find out now is how to save an edited sound back into this Tyros 2.
When I press save/assign a message comes up.
See my reply to Simons posting on the Yamaha forum on here. Maybe you know how to save the edited sounds out?
There's huge potential here. Someone said the piano sounds on the Tyros 2 are not good. I think they are good myself, but edit one, give it a bit more ba**s at the bass end, add a slight touch of reverb and some EQ and it blows you away - great stuff.

#201747 - 11/12/05 02:37 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
The only problem I have run into that is driving me nutzo is the USB-Midi driver that came on a Cd with the keyboard, and also included the voice editor.
I have spent the last few days trying to get this driver installed on the P4 INtel Sony Vaio desktop with no luck. It installs but will not enable. The voice editor installs but will not function without that driver.
BEBOP

Hack the registry! HKEY_Current_User\Software\Yamaha\Shell\MidiSetup
Set both values (In and Out) to 1
Set In Driver value 0 to YAMAHA USB IN 0-1
Set Out Driver value 0 to YAMAHA USB OUT 0-1

Restart the machine.

That solved my troubles after spending quite some hours looking for a solution.

#201748 - 11/12/05 03:57 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
BEBOP Offline

HI Craig, I don't have any help for you at this time.
I am still trying to get a working driver for midi and the voice editor

Hi Bert, I have done the registry hacks you advised but it did not resolve the problem. I have sent you and email with the registry entries I see there and maybe you have further advise. I keep getting the motherboard sound card driver as the default device instead of the yamaha USB midi driver. Not sure what to do about this.
Thanks,
Bebop

#201749 - 11/12/05 04:07 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Roel Offline

I noticed similar 'problems' after starting the voice editor.
But as I noticed a tiny box/icon called MIDI-Setup (after starting Tyros2 Voice editor) I used that one to configure the midi-ports.
When done do the same in the editor and your system midi-ports will show up!

#201750 - 11/12/05 04:28 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
BEBOP Offline

Roel,
No that doesn't work because the Yamaha USB-midi driver is not installing in this computer.
In the voice editor I click on the midi set up and all I get is the default mother board sound card that is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth.
Thanks,
Bebop

#201751 - 11/12/05 04:31 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
It seems to have died own a bit whats happeneing out there in Tyros2land ? I guess many are still waiting for the units/or ? Anyone?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-11-2005).]

DNJ,
We are all busy trying to solve the problem of not being able to get the USB-midi driver to install or the voice editor to work. I have wasted a week on it and others have too. It installed in my laptop but wont install in the desktop in the studio. Must be a conflice from all the programs and drivers in this computer.
The Tyros 2 is great and will be a keeper for me. I Now have 10 other keyboards and one desktop computer for sale
Bebop
Best,
Bebop

#201752 - 11/12/05 05:30 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Bluezplayer Offline

Bebop,

Maybe a dumb question, but with the Motif ES they gave me two sets of drivers. One was for xp, the other for 2k /ME / 98. The XP driver was labeled as such, but the other was just labeled usb driver . Is it possible that this is the same situation with the Tyros and if so.... ?

I didn't realize it at first, but after a while I figured it out. The non xp driver did load onto my xp machine, but would not function.

Also can anyone tell me whether user and / or user sampled voices can be used in styles ?

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 11-12-2005).]

#201753 - 11/13/05 12:13 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Simon,
very helpful review of the new tyros.
Hope I've got this correct. The SA voices are for melody not for style creation.
The mega voices can be used for creating styles.

Wonderful to see you're still pleased with your clp170.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by svpworld:
[B]

As for the pianos, well I also play a Clavinova CLP170 so I guess I'll never be happy with these...

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#201754 - 11/13/05 12:23 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by svpworld:
Initially I was a bit disapointed not being able to select Super Articulation voices when creating styles, but I've found a way around this. Even so you can access all the megavoices (which in effect are what the SA voices control).

Uh oh. This is going to be a problem. I program all my styles and was looking forward to articulating them. What's the work around please?

Chony

#201755 - 11/13/05 01:12 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Thanks Simon for your candid opinion on the Tyros 2. I agree with everything you say in your short review. I have been weighing in the pros and cons of the top 3 arrangers - Yamaha Tyros 2, Korg Pa1Xpro, and the Roland G70.

After playing on them and comparing voices and styles for the last couple of weeks, my personal pick is the Tyros 2. This is in spite of lacking 76 keys of the Pa1Xpro/G70 and the excellent piano and organ sounds of the G70.

The Tyros 2 has a clear edge on the voices with its Super Articulation Technology. It surpasses the Pa1Xpro. I used to prefer the Korg Styles over anything else. Tyros 2 has changed that. The overall balance of every element - voices, effects, eq, panning, phrasing - in each style has been meticulously programmed in the Tyros 2. It feels just so much more polished and refined like a studio CD. This makes playing effortless - it inspires you to be a better musician.

The keybed on the Tyros 2 while an improvement over the Classis, still falls short of the excellent feel of the Pa1Xpro or the semi-weighted G70.

The styles on the G70 sound dated. The voices do not have that precision balance or the smooth refinement. Some may argue this is what makes it sound more live. The user interface is cluttered with too many buttons and this beast is too heavy to carry with ease. But the most annoying feature of the G70 was its residual hiss. You cannot turn off the hiss the moment you turn the volume control beyond 12 O' clock. The outputs on the Yamaha and Korg are squeaky clean even at full throttle. They exhibit zero digital white noise.

However, the G70 has a unique feature. You can load any Standard MIDI File like a Tune1000 MIDI file, and it would compute the chord progression and display the chords - both the current chord and the following chord - on the lyrics screen. This makes it easy to learn and play a song. Ninety percent of the time, it got the right chord. Sometimes it would present a C7 as a C-Maj or a Dmin7 as a Dm, but it always got the correct root.

I wish the Tyros 2 could interpret and display the chords via an OS update. Maybe Yamaha does not want to include this feature hoping you will buy their XF MIDI files!

At this point, the Yamaha Tyros 2 is the undisputed king of arrangers. Surprisingly, it is also the cheapest amongst the top three.

Regards,

Tapas

#201756 - 11/13/05 07:57 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"At this point, the Yamaha Tyros 2 is the undisputed king of arrangers. Surprisingly, it is also the cheapest amongst the top three."

Not totally undisputed! I still prefer the live drums and bass sounds of the Ketron. I prefer to sound like a live band rather than a polished CD, although a strong case can certainly be made in the other direction as well.
DonM

#201757 - 11/13/05 10:02 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
BEBOP Offline

AJ,
The cd that came with the ty 2 only has one driver on it and one utility program named Voice Editor.
It has an htm that you click to go to the Yamaha website.
Best,
Bebop

#201758 - 11/13/05 02:03 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
svpworld Offline

The SA voices seem to be a bit different in how the keyboard interprets them. I believe they are a combination of a voice map and megavoices. Although with a bit of fiddling in the step event edit it is possible to put SA voices into styles, you need to watch how the voice is transposed with the style.. as the 'effects' in the SA voice (such as fret noise) also get transposed. Sometimes weird things can happen! Despite this, the results are still amazing!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#201759 - 11/14/05 05:02 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
After two weeks with my T2 I am very happy with it apart from one or two difficulties in getting things to save when I want them to but that is probably due to my elderly brain going into retard mode.

Everything about it is better than the T1 to me, except for one feature.. I cannot understand why they moved the four OTS buttons over to the far right-hand side of the keyboard. It has always seemed to me that the more controls that can be operated by the left hand the better. Especially if one's right hand is playing around the middle of the board I found it annoying to have to flick over and back when I want to change the OTS without changing the style.

I have now added an MFC10 Foot Controller which has solved the problem for me and I am now a happy bunny again. First three gigs with the T2 this week.. Fingers crossed!!! (Not while I'm playing though)

Trevor

#201760 - 11/15/05 10:32 PM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Caragabal:
It came up and was burst within three days.
You go to a doctor and he will give you an antibiotic which takes a fortnight to work.

Cousin Ken

sure it helps if it's viral(which is more than 80% of flus),hot salty water or even doing nothing - the sore throat will go away in 3 days.(if you have normal defence mech).

not so with bacterial infection,without antibiotics-you may have a acute renal failure since bacterial infection is not stopped by hot water or symtomatic relievers like tylonol and so on.

#201761 - 11/16/05 12:23 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Judging by all the above the KN7000 still rules

#201762 - 11/16/05 02:26 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Sorry Johnnie, but not in my book it doesn't.I speak from experience having had the Kn7000 for a year and although I agree that it is a great board I prefer the Tyros 1 or 2.

Trevor

#201763 - 11/16/05 08:42 AM Re: So How Happy are all You NEW TYROS 2 Owners Now?
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by trevorjohn:
Sorry Johnnie, but not in my book it doesn't.

It's a very simple equation really because, I use usb audio and since the Tyros 1 OR 2 cannot do that the 7k is far better for my needs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online