SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#207437 - 05/08/03 03:45 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been repeating this over and over: this is my favorite forum and definitely a warm place to be. I have learned many, many things from a lot of people. Most of them much more experienced than me. You all influenced my path through music, my equipment choices, and I practicaly began playing live WITH this forum, so I won't easily forget how much it means to me.
I really don't have complaints, and the "big cat fights" should be regarded in a cool way: they are a part of life. They are everywhere, and I'm optimistic that we are silently learning to tolerate each other's agressive, egocentric, stubborn, strong personalities ;-)
Ok, Fran, I'm prepared to be erased...

-- José.

[This message has been edited by matias (edited 05-08-2003).]

#207438 - 05/08/03 04:06 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
KN_Fan Offline

I second what Scott says.

The fact that we even talk about other topics (besides arrangers) show that we're comfortable with each other and we (some of us) value each other's opinion. I even offered Scott to be his assistants, carrying speakers and such for min wage $12/hour..ha.ha...

I'm up for a synthzone member meeting. Somewhere in Calif would be good.

Fran- you can delete your thread now

#207439 - 05/08/03 05:14 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Na, I'm not deleting this one,,the response is exactly what I thought would happen...See, everyone is content and we all realize as individuals, we have our own ideas and opinions, and so what if there are afew bumps in the road..

#207440 - 05/08/03 05:20 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I agree with all the positives. I mostly appreciate the professionalism and the courtesy displayed on thsi board.

What I don't like is the the software. I'm tired of the Red and Cyan colors and wish we had more control over our personal colors/settings.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#207441 - 05/08/03 05:40 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Zack Offline

ok people. you know what i hate about this forum? well, we can start about the ridiculous propensity of the majority of the users to advise and counsel the lesser experienced of us without a second thought... there's the fantastic breadth of knowledge available to anyone with a question, even the most backward hick...there's the openess, the honesty, feeling of companionship and fellowship with fellow musicians struggling to make it in the world... i could go on and on. As someone else mentioned before, whenever highly talented, creative individuals get together, of course there are going to be bumps in the road, but that road is a mighty sweet one indeed. Nigel, this forum will reverbrate down the halls of music and keyboarding for a long time to come. You got a great thing going here. Rock on dudes! Zack

#207442 - 05/08/03 06:48 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I started to follow this forum 3 months ago. In that 3 months I've learned so much here. It's full of professional and practical advise "on the road".

The most important part this forum, is the family of people / personalities on the keys.
Without them, there's no music.

Dislikes? The forum members are thousands of miles away !

#207443 - 05/08/03 07:30 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
zuki Offline

I think this forum is boring and mostly nonsense.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#207444 - 05/08/03 08:16 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Hello music-makers: I am a beginner, and I love this forum and to have a place to ask beginners questions. Most day's I gain some very helpful musical knowledge. The day's I don't learn much, are day's when the questions and answers are just peppered with abbreviations. When one is trying to learn all the operating procedures of a complicated electronic keyboard, and you are presented with dozens of abbreviations, to which you don't have a clue, you just give up and wait for another forum day when things are written in full plain english. I understand the need for the desire to shorten things up, and this complaint is a good way of doing it, it's just disappointing to almost get the understanding but not quite. Some day's it's like a foreign language. You guy's are terrific, and someday I hope to talk your complete lingo. ARJ

#207445 - 05/08/03 08:22 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Andrea Rotolo lives in Roma, Italy
I live in Belo Horizonte,Brasil.
Next week, Me and Andrea will play bossa nova in the same Concert.
This miracle, only our forum can do.
Chico

#207446 - 05/08/03 09:04 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Let's see, where do I begin?

I purchased my PSR2K because of this forum. I also purchased my EV SxA100's because of what I read on this forum.

Hey!! You guys are costing me money!!

Seriously, I consider you all family. I have not stopped learning since I've been here. I've re-started my career after gaining confidence through others' experiences on this forum. We don't realize what we have here, my friends. Nigel, thank you...

Angelo

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online