SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#211760 - 12/20/04 11:15 AM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
Roel Offline

Bevan,
You are right....
It's not fair to want some quality equipment after I paid about 3000 Euros for the G70.
It's not fair wanting a good sounding machine right out of the box.
It's not fair wanting a long promised OS update after 1,5 years of waiting. (SD1)
All members here know I used to be one of the most loyal Ketron fans for four years and now I hear my behaviour towards Ketron wasn't fair??

I might be wrong but I get the impression you ARE a keyboardseller.... and you are from B. This explains a lot!

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 12-20-2004).]

#211761 - 12/20/04 11:38 AM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bevan, I want to step forward and defend Roel here as well. Knowing him as good friend here for over 5 years, I can atest that he meant no harm or injury, but merely expressed his personal candid opinions, of which he is entitled to. Though I may not always agree with Roel's opinions, I have grown to RESPECT and VALUE them highly.

Still, because everyone's personal playing needs & expectations are uniquely different, I've LONG AGO realized that the only way to really determine if the G70 (or any other keyboard) is the RIGHT one for you or not is only after having actually PLAYED it yourself. Relying solely on hearing factory demos, watching a demonstrator play, or relying only on the reviews here, isn't enough. That said, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to test drive the G70 myself.

In regards to Ketron: Roel has been the STRONGEST PROMOTER of the SD1 on this forum for MANY years. In fact it was his enthusiam for it that persuaded me to seriously consider purchasing the SD1 myself. Only after I finally had a chance to audition it myself, and on several different occasions, that I determined it not the best choice for me (personally).

Scott

#211762 - 12/20/04 12:26 PM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
Roel Offline

DonM & Scott,

Thanks guys!!

#211763 - 12/21/04 11:39 PM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
That's what friends are 4. - Scott

#211764 - 12/22/04 12:34 AM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Bevan,

Like the others here I would like to express my sympathy for my good friend Roel and his valued opinions. And before you lash out at him once more I would recommend you to get your facts straight. Like Scott said , and like I know from personal experience Roel has been the most fanatic advocate of the Ketron SD1 to date, and as regards his opinion on the G70, it may have been a bit premature but it was certainly sincere.
There's no point in mud-slinging here on this tremendous forum so I would humbly suggest you write him a personal note in our own language (being all Dutch) and get it over and done with.

P.S. I am under the impression you are a very young musician , am I right here ?

regards to all,
john smies
P.S.

[This message has been edited by john smies (edited 12-22-2004).]

#211765 - 12/22/04 03:03 AM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Roel

I agree 100% with you that for me is a dependable SZ member.
After listen all Mp3 demos and as a Roland owner since E20 until Va7 , I think that G70 seems a unfinished product(IMO).
Your comments are result of the frustation of someone that spent a lot of money for a brandnew keyboard and didn't see great innovations.
Another tip:
As a native bossa and samba player I think that Roland don't know how to make samba and bossa styles.
The brasilian samba and bossa of a cheap Psr 295 or Korg Pa50 are far better that the "new" G70 styles recorded in demos(IMO).

Chico

#211766 - 12/22/04 08:26 AM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:
Hi Roel

As a native bossa and samba player I think that Roland don't know how to make samba and bossa styles.
The brasilian samba and bossa of a cheap Psr 295 or Korg Pa50 are far better that the "new" G70 styles recorded in demos(IMO).

Chico

Hi,
but your 'Girl from Ipanema' on PSR2000 at
psrtutorial didn't sound like Vincius de Moreas, right?
Regards: Hanspeter

#211767 - 12/22/04 10:06 AM Re: Demosongs on the G-70
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Hanspeter

You can like or dislike my music and you can make better also.
I just said that G70 sambas and bossas recorded in the available demo do not sound as I would like.

Regards
Chico

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online