SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#214947 - 10/29/07 09:28 PM Re: My review of Casio WK-110 and Yamaha NP-30. Some surprises
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Don

Thanx for your report verifying what I heard. I wondered if I had gone daft.haha I've never cared for Casio keyboards, no offense meant, just a personal preferance. But, this little sucker is surprising for what it is. Not every sound on it was terrific and by a long shot at that, but, they must have a development person or team that like to make sure the keyboard/combo type instruments sound decent. As I mentioned earlier I liked the piano, vibes were exceptional compared to what I've heard on all other makes, there is a Rhodes type sound that I really liked. There was an organ sound or 2 that was decent. The accordian sounded like crap, there might have been some usable guitars, but I didn't spend much time with voices other than what I mentioned. I actually think the piano sounds better than the other and more expensive Casio's sitting there.

If that thing still sounds good through my Eon's, I will be extremely tempted to get it.

The keyfeel, was I guess what you'd call semi-weighted. A rather light touch. For me having more of an organ background it feels real good. For a piano player, it would be an individual thing. Definitly much better than the NP-30 though in all ways, and for $100 less.

My bet is there will be more people on this forum with one of these than you'd normally expect.

Yes, Ian, I agree, if they stuck in just a little more quality sounds, they'd have a big winner. However, Casio isn't dumb, they know the money to be made is in what they make not for the "pro" market if we can call it that.

In a nutshell, just a major surprise.

#214948 - 10/29/07 09:36 PM Re: My review of Casio WK-110 and Yamaha NP-30. Some surprises
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Interesting, I was just going to edit my post and noticed there is no edit icon. I refreshed twice and it's stil not there.

I'm wondering if my computer is doing goofy things, if the SZ program is messed up, or if we no longer have that option.

Anyway, the thing I was going to mention, besides the different uses I mentioned earlier, this, for some people may be a cheap way to have a light weight back-up keyboard.

#214949 - 11/04/07 12:57 AM Re: My review of Casio WK-110 and Yamaha NP-30. Some surprises
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I have added the NP30 as a lower keyboard below my Tyros 2. For this purpose it's perfect. Very lite. Very slim Graded action piano type keys. 76 keys. This NP30 is idea and cost effective as a dummy board to trigger the accompaniments of the T2. I now have the full T2 for right hand melody. Price delivered inc Adaptor £169

#214950 - 11/04/07 05:39 AM Re: My review of Casio WK-110 and Yamaha NP-30. Some surprises
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
I have added the NP30 as a lower keyboard below my Tyros 2. For this purpose it's perfect. Very lite. Very slim Graded action piano type keys. 76 keys. This NP30 is idea and cost effective as a dummy board to trigger the accompaniments of the T2. I now have the full T2 for right hand melody. Price delivered inc Adaptor £169

I have seen pictures of your setup on YPKO...very cool!

Ian

#214951 - 11/04/07 06:02 AM Re: My review of Casio WK-110 and Yamaha NP-30. Some surprises
Dnj Offline

Its a shame the T2 keys have to be supplemented with another KB...
Yamaha needs to address the keyfeel in some of their arrangers, at one point I considered the he S900 but the toyish lightweight keyfeel was a big DEAL breaker for me ... Roland is way ahead on keyfeel no doubt.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online