SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#216337 - 02/23/04 04:35 PM pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi,

i have uploaded on my site three demo's on the korg pa1xpro.
first you have a bossa nova demo "corcovado" from Jobim, second you have a style demo of different styles on the pa1xpro live played and at least you have some sounds of this keyboard.
I hope you can have a good picture of this keyboard sounds and styles.

regards,
notlos

p.s. go the "education" link on my site and you have the three demo's there.
www.notlos.com

------------------

#216338 - 02/23/04 04:57 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Dnj Offline

Notlos...BRAVO!!!!!

Excellent demo of the new Korg PAX1,
I really enjoyed it.Your playing is infectous & took me away to another land. The songs and sounds are wonderfull & very authentic sounding on my system for sure this unit is going to be a major contender. Thanx for sharing my friend.

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#216339 - 02/23/04 05:51 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dirk, Really enjoyed checking out your newly expanded/enhanced website, and listening to your new demos. Your new PA1XPro demos (recorded by you, right?) beautifully showcase the range of styles & sounds of this new keyboard.

Ok, now on to my not unexpected Question :

Does the Korg PA1XPro (or PA1X) 'Chord Recognition', in either 'split keyboard' or 'full keyboard' mode, recognize 'any' of the following Bill Evans inspired 'jazz piano' chord voicings, and which are currently recognized by Yamaha, Technics, and Ketron arranger keybords as follows:

Notes played as a chord
(lowest,middle,top) Chord

(F - C - E): Dm7(9)

(F - B - E): G7(13)

(E - A - D): C6(9)

(E - Bb - D): C7(9)

Dirk (and/or other PA1XPro/PA1X owners), please test out on your keyboard in both 'split mode' (with full left hand chord recogition) and 'full keyboard' mode, and report back what 'chord name' is recognized for 'each' of the above played. Many thanks in advance for reporting back your findings. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-23-2004).]

#216340 - 02/23/04 06:06 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Dirk, thank you for your wonderful Demos. I especially liked the Sounds demo. Wonderful, wonderful sounds on the Pa1X PRO. The Strings are simply stunning! Very Full sounding and very vibrant too. The Saxes sound very similar to the Tyros Saxes IMO. Although I think the Tyros Sweet! Soprano Sax beats the Pa1X Soprano Sax IMO. The Organs sound really good! I think the Korg Pa1X PRO has a 'better' Acoustic Grand Piano sound than the Tyros has. It has greater ambience, richness, overall better tonal quality and sounds more expressive to me. Korg really put in some effort creating that great Acoustic Piano sample.

If it's possible for you to make another recording of various sounds from the Pa1X PRO (and even greater in variety too, of different sounds) would be super! More demos of the different Guitars on the Pa1X PRO is a prime example.

Thanks so much for sharing Dirk!

Best regards,
Mike

#216341 - 02/23/04 07:37 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Notlos: This was a very good demo. I thank you for all the work and time you put into it. The trans. rate was good and loaded into my Dell in 2 minutes. Giving us a complete song, and then styles, and then the sounds, is a presenstation that made it very clear to me,how this new board sounds in all areas. I'm hopeful other members will follow this style, when presenting their demo's. I liked the organ sounds, and I really liked the way you play. I know you will love and enjoy this new K/B. ARJ

#216342 - 02/23/04 08:06 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Dirk,

FANTASTICO!!

and of course.....Muchos Grazias (SP?)

------------------
The old Newb

#216343 - 02/23/04 08:51 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
THANKS for sharing, nice i must say, can hardly wait till my pa1xpro arrives should be here in about a month from now,best regards, BENNO

#216344 - 02/24/04 03:47 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Good stuff Dirk, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the speaker version !!!
Too bad Uncle Dave won't be able to enjoy it, (21 kilos), or perhaps he is now saving up for convenient means of transport......

(leuk je weer eens gesproken te hebben en tot horens/ziens)
john

#216345 - 02/24/04 06:28 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Dnj Offline

Don't be surprisd if my Uncle Dave already has a PAX1 61 w/speaker version on its way to him as we speak from places unknown to mankind....

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#216346 - 02/24/04 06:50 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Oh man that thing sounds sweet !

AJ

#216347 - 02/24/04 09:51 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dirk, I just listened with the greatest pleasure to Corcovado and also to the other demoes, including bits of songs like Wave, Aqua de beber, Route 66, Mack the knife, Honeysuckle rose, Petite fleur, etc... all played with your unique style.
It's great to hear once more some good music played by you!

#216348 - 02/24/04 10:16 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Dirk,

Great job as usual. You are a very talented and gifted player. The Korg sounds really good but then again I'm sure you could make a Bontempi sound good. Thanks for the demo. Could you give us a comparison (in your opinion of course) of the Korg Pa1xpro to the Sd-1 plus.

Regards

Tom

Tom

#216349 - 02/24/04 02:42 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Many thanks to all for you kind words.

I have don this yesterday evening and uploaded it very late at 1.00 on my site.
I had this pa1xpro for one day from the shop i work for testing.(it's not mine @,§#&à!!!!!)This keyboard is "superb" and has good "realistic" styles and beautiful pads in the layeraccompagment, you can do a realtime mix on every track of this keyboard like: drums,acc 1&2&3,bass,lower,upper 1&2&3 and audio (for samples or mp3 files). You have for every selected style 4 one touch presets. And (for you Scott !!) the arrangement part can be choose to left,right or left&right. i will test in the shop the chord recognition like scott ask and you will hear it here in the future. The korg "pa1xpro" is a proffesional keyboard with many sounds of the synth "triton" of Korg, you have also different controllers you can add to the sliders of the mixer, digital drawbars are also send to the sliders of the pa1xpro.
At least you have two sequensers for playing midifiles and you can slide with a crossfader from sequenser1 tot seq. 2.
(like the pa 80). Also playing mp3's with the optional kit(not standard !!) A hardisk is included in the pa1xpro and also a sampler and slicingfunction for synchronising a sample to a arrangertrack. The sampler is 16mb and you can put extra mb
for a total of 32mb. the display is colored and touchscreen. the "key-feel" is FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks Korg.... also aftertouch on this keyboard, software on the hardisk like many registrations on name (this is the same like the "music finder" of Yamaha).

Conclusion:
This is good proffesional keyboard like we never had seem after the ketron sd1 (that's my opinion !!)The sounds are good specialy the guitars, piano and electric piano's, the stringparts are superb!!, My only minus point was the use of the transposer that's not follow realtime when i push it when playing a song.(maybe a new release of software will fix it). The styles are most "realistic" i have never heard so good styles in one keyboard together.

Hope you have enough information on this topic.

Regards,

notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#216350 - 02/24/04 03:02 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by notlos:
My only minus point was the use of the transposer that's not follow realtime when i push it when playing a song.(maybe a new release of software will fix it).

Notlos, can you elaborate on this problem on this very important feature [transpose]?
If this doesn't work properly in real time I wont even look at it as a consideration.

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#216351 - 02/24/04 03:09 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Dirk.

Linstenig your Corcovado, I closed my eyes to see Jobim smiling....

Chico

#216352 - 02/24/04 03:27 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Thanks Chico,
From a Brazilian it's good to hear this kind words............

------------------

#216353 - 02/24/04 03:48 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
trtjazz Offline

Dirk
Very nice demo.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#216354 - 02/24/04 10:14 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If the speaker version of the PA1X sounds as good as it should, and the harmonizer works as food as it should, and I can leave my rack at home ....... a "little" extra weight can be rationalized....... but just a little.
Hmmmmmm, PAX into a PAS ...... sounds so simple and pure, donut?

#216355 - 02/25/04 12:29 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
john smies Offline

Donny,

the release of operating system 1.5 is eminent, so it's my guess this problem will surely be tackled there, if not it will no doubt be solved in a next update.
Mind you I am still waiting for the speaker version.
Seems the crowd is growing..........donut??

#216356 - 02/25/04 12:44 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
And (for you Scott !!) the arrangement part can be choose to left,right or left&right. i will test in the shop the chord recognition like scott ask and you will hear it here in the future.

Hi Dirk, if the PA1Xpro or the 61 note version (PA1X) supports jazz chord recognition (similar to what I outlined above), it will definitely be at the top of my 'next' arranger keyboard consideration list. Dirk, I'm anxious to hear your findings. - Scott

#216357 - 02/25/04 05:03 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Hallo scott,

I have tested here in the shop the chord-recognising in the 4 modes like one finger,
fingered 1 2 3 .and no response to all of this chords i have used your jazzvoicings like you early wrote.

regards,

notlos

------------------

#216358 - 02/25/04 06:40 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Notlos ... GREAT DEMOS and TERRIFIC PLAYING.
I own a PA1xPro and feel the latin and jazz styles really set this KB apart from the rest!!! Thank You

#216359 - 02/25/04 08:05 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Hallo scott,I have tested here in the shop the chord-recognising in the 4 modes like one finger,fingered 1 2 3 .and no response to all of this chords i have used your jazzvoicings like you early wrote.
regards,notlos

Hi Dirk (notlos) ,I assume when you said 'no response' that you meant that when you played the above chord voicings that there was no chord recognition displayed on the LCD screen at all, right? This is interesting because I remembered on the PA80, that some of my above chord voicings were recognized, but just NOT as the above chord names, which I desire. If the PAX1Pro recognizes 'any' of the above chord voicings as a specific chord, please tell me the 'chord name' each is recognized as. Many thanks again. Scott

#216360 - 02/26/04 04:15 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Hi Scott,

i have tried everything on the pax1pro for the chord recognizing, and he displays only on the screen ex. f-c-e-chord = FM7 in all
modes (fingered 1,2&3), and the chord in the arranger gives always F-bass and F accompagment.
It's possible with a new os version it will
work (i will inform here in the shop at korg)

Regards,

notlos

------------------

#216361 - 02/26/04 04:58 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

More news on the pa1xpro.

I have more information about the transposer in the pa1x pro. It's work perfect only you must make some settings in the menu: you can choose for transposing after 1 bar or direct transpose or when you hit a key.

regards,

notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#216362 - 02/26/04 06:34 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Daddy JJ Offline

Hi Dirk,

Like I said to you yesterday on the phone
By me the transposer works perfectly.....
Regards,
JJ

[This message has been edited by Daddy JJ (edited 02-26-2004).]

#216363 - 02/26/04 01:14 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Dirk,

Is it me or are the BossaNova tempos on the X1 way too fast? I've always played latin music in a sort of laid back style. I thought that the default tempos used on the X1 were set to international ballroom standards but to me the bossa and cha cha seem way too fast.

Tom

Tom

#216364 - 02/26/04 01:22 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Hi tom,
You'll right !!! When i play most bossa's in the standard brazilian way, i lower the tempo in the x1. Sometimes (for some bossa's) the standard tempo of the x1 is good. I have make my own styles for some of these "brazilian bossa's". In many keyboards i find not the real bossa feeling when i play with this styles.

Regards,

Notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#216365 - 02/26/04 02:20 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Can you do a comparison with a SD-1, like sounds, styles, different options and how easy they are to use?

For example my SD-1 has been my "only keyboard I need" for 2 years, is the PA1xpro the same?

#216366 - 02/26/04 08:35 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Frank ... I have since changed my mind since our last conversation, with regard to the PA1xpro and the SD1.

#216367 - 02/27/04 12:13 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
john smies Offline

JCkeeys

Would you care to elaborate on that just a little ?

#216368 - 02/27/04 04:45 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
Frank ... I have since changed my mind since our last conversation, with regard to the PA1xpro and the SD1.

So It looks like the PA is a winner, I guess it's time to sell and start shopping, thanks

[This message has been edited by frankieve (edited 02-27-2004).]

#216369 - 02/28/04 11:38 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

some people ask me how i don this demo's.

1. "Corcovado" is on multitrack with different tracks like drums,bass,guitar,cello,brasslayer and string with windinstruments.
(also a flute track)
2. the style- and sound demo's are played live on the pa1xpro.
All music is played with the effect of the pa1xpro and not with a supplied fx from another source !!!!
Only i have put a little more EQ on the bass-section in the audiotracks.
3. All are recorded in Cubase SX without using any effect and convert to stereo mp3
128 kps 44000hz.

regards,
Notlos.

------------------

#216370 - 02/28/04 07:40 PM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Excellent demonstrations Dirk, great sound. Thanks!

All the best,
Rich

#216371 - 02/29/04 01:55 AM Re: pa 1x pro demo's
notlos Offline

Thanks Richard,

I have heard also on your website your music and singing congratulations !!!

notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online