SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218360 - 02/18/06 06:04 AM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Scott...Sorry I cant agree with you about "Leading the pack" but its a good contender depending how how you look at it, use it, and utilize it. As a former prof Yamaha player for years I have moved on & returned to Ketron which at this time serves me very well for my performing needs. All these studies and consultings mean squat unless they satisfy the consumer which in the last years for me & many they have not regarding 76 keys, MFD features, vocalizer, independent & simultaneous mode play & a few others......but I do applaude them for some of their updates to
Tyros 2....who knows what the future will bring not only with Yamaha but with many of the manufacturers offerings.....wait & see seems to be the ticket here eh?

#218361 - 02/18/06 06:41 AM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
How about the idea of creating a new company with synthzone members as some of the main contributors of the features ? Who knows we might just create a very profitable company, or at least a decently profitable company.

How hard would it be to come up with a prototype ?

Maybe start with the keybed of a popular synth/arranger. How about start with the keybed of the Yamaha DGX 500 ? and then we can modify the rest to suit 90% of the synthzone members.

#218362 - 02/18/06 07:04 AM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

In todays day & age theres no reason for manufacturers to make KB's that can be modular interchangable....this would let the user be the judge of mixing & matching components within the KB to suit his/her needs as a performer....this would include many various types of plug in modules to create your perfect "Custom Arranger" KB....instead of every few years teasing people along with "just enough features" so that when the next one comes out you have to sell and get another to keep up to date if you want to. Choices, choices, choices, is the wave of the future IMO.

#218363 - 02/18/06 10:06 AM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Agreed... in fact, I think that keyboard has been announced: the CME VX series. Here's a link to press release, pix & videos . This is supposed to be a "modular" keyboard with coming expansion cards for sound modules with sampling, analog synths, digital mixing and more. Plus, this keyboard is supposed to somehow use "styles" for accompaniment - quote: "VX also builds in many MIDI songs and accompaniment in different styles, including loop variation and chord change...". With built-in audio/MIDI over USB the CME's look like they're ready-made for use with laptops loaded with softsynths & sequencing programs (esp. as the first keyboard ever to offer motorized faders). Best of all, it comes in every keyboard size you could ask for and is supposed to be affordably priced. This could be where our hardware and software arranger threads finally merge.

The CME VX-series controllers are generating a lot of talk in the other keyboard forums and with it's built-in arranger functionality I think we'll be talking about them here too. Needless to say, Yamaha is involved on the distribution side.

#218364 - 02/18/06 10:30 AM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Choices, choices, choices, is the wave of the future IMO.

You're right, Donny, so why not make the choices a 'menu' so that a player COULD dreate his/her own custom board??? The manufacturers could still entice us with newer styles, sounds, etc., and still every couple of years come out with a board that is 'physically' different ...

To Scott: I know you LOVE your Ty2, but I still think the best board I've heard was the Ketron DanO played for me at his studio ... Dan was that an SD1 ???
t.

#218365 - 02/18/06 01:42 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Jim.......very interesting ...I gotta take a good look at those units for sure asap.....

Tony I agree!!

Scott keep your mind open theres life after TYROS 2

#218366 - 02/18/06 02:00 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Well since I own both the SD1 and the T2 I can easily say that the SD1 now sounds dated to my ears compared to the T2 (my SD1 is in its semi flight case waiting for a buyer) so roll on SD2 or whatever it will be called. If one is in production it has to be good
This is only my opinion by the way, so those that do not agree fair enough, lets not get into another damn debate on here again lol

#218367 - 02/18/06 03:46 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Scott keep your mind open theres life after TYROS 2

Tyros3 !

#218368 - 02/18/06 08:30 PM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Tyros3 !

Scott.......Do you know something we dont?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-19-2006).]

#218369 - 02/19/06 05:48 AM Re: Now That Tyros 2 is just about "Old News" ...What do you think is NEXT?
Dnj Offline

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online