SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#225210 - 01/30/08 01:00 AM Re: S900 Jazz Funk demo
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by spalding:
think sometimes we overanalyze
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why comment at all...? If anything negative is OVER-analyzing, should we simply say, no matter HOW bad a demo is, 'Oh, that's nice!'?

Boring...

I didnt comment on whether there was any negative critiscism or not Dikki. You need to chill my friend !

Some people just post stuff up for fun Dikki. I sometimes post other peoples work up because i thought it was just cool, fun interesting. Thats preceisely what DNJ did.

Does anyone remember what that used to be like ? Just having fun ? Thats what this bloke in the clip was having.And i am sure thats why it was posted.

#225211 - 01/30/08 03:09 PM Re: S900 Jazz Funk demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
He didn't post it here. The 'Duke of URL' did.

Whether Donny had 'fun' in mind is sometimes hard to tell, these days. I know these aren't meant to be taken seriously, but here, an ARRANGER forum, putting it up DOESN'T invite comment?

All my remarks were meant as were a comment on how often I see others making the same mistake, on YouTube and here. Maybe, someone will think about it a little, and the next time they post something, maybe they'll take this into account. The only way you learn is by applied criticism. You might note I did not simply say this was terrible (in fact, it was FAR from it!) but a simple mistake that MANY of us make made it a far less effective recording (camcorder mikes can only do SO much damage!). And I am sure that is what many of us would like to do.

So this never WAS a criticism of the player, nor his having fun and posting it. Just a lesson in balance that we could learn from...

Perhaps we over-analyze... perhaps we don't analyze at all. I know what I'd rather be guiltier of..!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online