SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#241911 - 09/09/08 04:06 PM Re: 1 Week to OS2!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Diki,
I've updated my profile page instead.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Rikki, I'd pull that email off of here, or a spybot might grab it and spam the hell out of you.

Just update your Profile page, and your current email should be visible to just us members there....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#241912 - 09/09/08 05:51 PM Re: 1 Week to OS2!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Some info on the new OS 2.0 from Pakefield...

Hi all,
Not great news on the Korg front. All the U.K.team are here, John Pacey, Simon Hampshire, Rod Pooley etc. Christ they make some stunning sounds on the keyboards. They are all keeping tight lipped about the o/s upgrade. Apparently it is to do with the launch in Germany. This will be on Friday. The o/s will not be available Friday, as it is not ready yet, all you will get is details about what features it will have. What I have found out is that there will be new sounds, and the ability to load midi-files and see them converted into a score with chord symbols on the screen.
It seems like the Korg U.K. lads are worried about letting any information out before Germany launch the o/s. All around the camp there are leaflets announcing the new Korg version 2.0 software for PA2x/PA800. When you ask the Korg representatives about it, they do not want to talk.
Pretty shoddy if you ask me.
As for the Yamaha Tyros3, I went to the U.K. launch today. It was a really polished professional show. The effects section ( DSP) is completely new therefore it changes all the sounds on the keyboard. ( Even the same sounds as on the T2 ). The organ sounds are all new, the keyboard has slider style drawbars. The piano is the same sampled piano they use on their CLP range of digital pianos. The Super Articulation 2 voices are truly stunning, not just in the sound, but in the way they respond to your playing. ( More of this tomorrow ). The new sounds are even used in the styles. I have to say, a very nice piece of kit. But sadly at £3400 including speakers ( MS02 ). Well out of my price range. Once most of the die-hards have bought theirs, I think they will struggle to sell many without big discounting. At least the Korg upgrade is going to be free.
All for now
Chelsea9075

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online