SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#24776 - 06/03/00 08:19 AM Re: dRUMZ
pstares Offline

Loc: UK
Sorry - completely off topic but couldn't help noticing the @Coventry.ac.uk email address... I'm a student just down the road at Warwick Uni - small world huh?

Pete

#24777 - 06/03/00 08:24 AM Re: dRUMZ
Animaniac Offline

Loc: Coventry,WM,England
Hello, so you are into music as well ? what kind of music do you play then?

[This message has been edited by Animaniac (edited 06-03-2000).]

#24778 - 06/03/00 01:54 PM Re: dRUMZ
Al_a_man Offline

Loc: U.K
email on route...
Not the best of ideas to splash your address across the net, when I can picl it up off your profile...
try not to, I have so much spam 'cos I've done it, at least put in a spam guard (like nospam could be put in there somewhere)
just a thought
Al

#24779 - 06/05/00 04:00 AM Re: dRUMZ
Animaniac Offline

Thanks for the advice Al. I 've replyed to you email already.

By the way, does anybody knows where i can find some drum & bass midi files? (i am talking about the music style) I am a bit curious since i checked all over the net and i did not find not even a single one drum and bass midi file...i might be looking at the wrong place.

[This message has been edited by Animaniac (edited 06-05-2000).]

#24780 - 06/05/00 11:00 AM Re: dRUMZ
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Animaniac, All you have to do is take a SMF of the song and delete or mute the channels other than bass and drums.Usually channels 2 and 10....Fran

#24781 - 06/05/00 11:29 AM Re: dRUMZ
Animaniac Offline

Ok , let me say it once more,i am refering to The MUSIC STYLE of DRUM & BASS. Like when we say TECHNO, DISCO, ROCK e.t.c. I think i have cleared this now, but that was just a side thing my main concern is ROCK DRUM PATTERNS & FILLS plus ROCK sounding drum patches for the xp80

thanks everybody, just today i got some very usuable drum patterns i might post to you if you need any.

This goes to Al, i need some drum lessons:

What is a flam?

#24782 - 06/06/00 01:04 PM Re: dRUMZ
Al_a_man Offline

This goes to Al, i need some drum lessons:

What is a flam?[/B][/QUOTE]

its a type of stroke, a double hit, the first is a tap followed VERY closely by an accent. love from PsYcH.. Al's drummer brother

so now you know DAMN my server is slow, I still don't have your reply...
Al

#24783 - 06/07/00 04:34 AM Re: dRUMZ
Animaniac Offline

Thanks for the flams, can i have some midi stuff now? please?

I am refering to your previous post the one that you said you ll send me some examples.
And yes!! your server must be SLOW!

What kind of music are you into by the way? By the sound of it you must be doing pop & rock stuff. Yes?

#24784 - 06/08/00 01:26 PM Re: dRUMZ
Al_a_man Offline

can i have some midi stuff now? please?

should be in your in tray now...

I am refering to your previous post the one that you said you ll send me some examples.
And yes!! your server must be SLOW!

For some reason the two computers in this house are determined to download every email that's sent to one of our five addresses, it took me ages to establsh that you mail was on the family one, and not my personal one

What kind of music are you into by the way? By the sound of it you must be doing pop & rock stuff. Yes?

generally yeah. It's kind of a mad mix of rock pop/prog rock/metal (sorta Dream theatre but not as good) with some jazz and latin in there for good measure along with the blues. Obviously not all in one piece (yet). Which gives me a lot of material and inspirations to work with...
Al

#24785 - 06/15/00 04:51 AM Re: dRUMZ
Animaniac Offline

Al,

I just got your stuff (it took me sometime yes but i am very busy latelly, i had to propose a project for my M.Sc final module. I proposed something with audio signal processing in it)

The patterns are very usuable, common basic stuff that i ll probaly be using everywhere. Ithink by now i have loads of stuff (something like 2000 patterns) all i need is to categorize them.

I need some more fills, and some guidance on how to play flams on real kits, (i can play all of the patterns you posted on real kits which is cool since i am not a drummer (yet)!

I think i like drums as much io like guitars. I 'll certanly spend sometime learnining my way around the kit.

Thanks again

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online