SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24812 - 11/18/00 08:49 AM XP60/XP80 Upgrade? Look!
epu Offline

I wondering. I do know that the XP operating system is Flash ROM and is upgradeable. Do you all think that it would be too much to ask Roland to give us the same [CATEGORY] feature that Roland JV2080/XP30 and JV1010 users have?

It would be very nice to be able to group all of the Strings, all of Pianos, etc. on our XP60/80 just like JV1010/2080 and XP30 users can. We have the [SOUND LIST] function, but notice how the F3 key doesn't operate in that window, it does on the JV2080, and it is for category selection.

Unlike and major upgrades, this doesn't sound like it would take too much time to write and implement since so many of the JV and XP line already include this feature. Do you all think that Roland would be willing to help us out on this particular problem.

It is of major concern to those of us like myself who have four expansion boards and have to hunt and peck through all of them to find the sounds we want.

Any of you XP owners want this feature?

The Infamous EPU.

#24813 - 11/18/00 02:09 PM Re: XP60/XP80 Upgrade? Look!
Dave Morris Offline

Loc: Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, ...
Count me in, although I'm pleased as punch with the XP60 operation system compared to the XP50. The SOUND LIST is an amazing feature for jumping between sound groups.

Something new and more user friendly is bound to be a hit. The XP30 is a powerful synth and the interface is that bit less challenging to explore the array of sounds.
So Why not have the same for the Even-more-powerful XP60.

ooŽ

#24814 - 11/20/00 09:18 AM Re: XP60/XP80 Upgrade? Look!
MJB Offline

Loc: London, England
Excellent idea EPU!

I also have 4 expansion boards installed (plus another 2 when I need them).

It would be WONDERFUL to be able just to say "show me the strings" or whatever.

Who do we e-mail at Roland?????

All the best,

Martin

#24815 - 11/21/00 05:24 PM Re: XP60/XP80 Upgrade? Look!
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
\\Excellent idea EPU!
I also have 4 expansion boards installed (plus another 2 when I need them).

It would be WONDERFUL to be able just to say "show me the strings" or whatever.\\

The Korg Triton does it this way, in programs and in combi's.

It's amazing. Just press strings, and there's all your string sounds on your synth.
Want guitar? Click on guitars and there they are.

This is especially handy during sequence mode!

#24816 - 11/22/00 02:50 AM Re: XP60/XP80 Upgrade? Look!
epu Offline

Thanks Aarvon, but we are talking about the Roland and not the Korg. We want this upgrade for our Rolands that didn't get this feature in the same XP/JV lineup. When I become rich, I'll buy a Korg Triton just to make you happy.

The Infamous EPU.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online