#253725 - 01/16/09 12:06 AM for studio work: new cubase 5
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO

#253726 - 01/16/09 08:04 AM Re: for studio work: new cubase 5
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
just launched: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/musicproduction/cubase_5.html

Get rid of the dongle copy protection!!!

I bought Cubase to try on a competitive upgrade years ago because it "looked" better then the Cakewalk I had been using. but the "dongle" on the serial port pissed me off.

I need to use software on more than one machine at home and cannot be messing with hardware copy protection. Cakewalk never used copy protection and still doesn't and has become a major player in the arena without even havng a MAC version!!
KUDOs to Roland for Partnering up with Cakewalk......Thumbs down to Yamaha for doing the same with Cubase.Yamaha's KX88 controller has a lot of hardware features on it for Cubase users.

Not a good idea to alienate another large user base of other brands of sequencing SW. Its not like someone spending the bread on a Yamaha 88 weighted keyboard controller for a studio has not already made their SW choices that may not be Cubase.

That really bothered me and I told Yamaha Reps about it at Summer NAMM. Not that they cared, They are paid to drink the Cubase Kool-Aid as a re Roland Reps with Cakewaslk and I am sure they have their disappointed Cubase users ranting. But their users don't have to SELL Cubase as "value added". I don't use the Cubase angle either though. I won't and cannot hard sell what I will not use myself.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online