SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#255817 - 02/06/09 06:49 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ian.., this is a digital piano... it's not designed to be a master controller, it's not designed to function as a workstation (so why complain about ONE track of recording and the number of presets and what they cover)....

You want all those features then buy a workstation or a dedicated master controller. This IS NOT and WAS NOT designed for that purpose. Plus this thing DOES have a software editor..., and it does have midi jacks so it can (to some extent) be used as a controller. Not every digital piano out there has pitch and mod wheels Ian.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-06-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255818 - 02/06/09 06:51 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Dnj Offline

Exactly Squeak....

It's one Piano sound to start which can be tweaked in so many way to change that sound into limitless tones to create that signature sound your looking for. It's a shame that the arranger minded of many don't understand & are blind to what Roland has just achieved & put on the market for the serious musician.
Piano players should be jumping for joy & wanting to put their hands on this wonderful product....good job Roland.

#255819 - 02/06/09 06:58 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
squeak_D Offline

Exactly Donny! I would think that IAN who proclaims to be all about the PIANO being as realisic as possible and offering as much user control as possible would be all over something like this. I'm a piano player before all other things I do related to music. If I had the dough this thing would be in my home for sure.

Perphaps Ian's real problem with the V-Piano and his complaints about things IT'S NOT DESIGNED FOR really fall down to the unit saying ROLAND and not YAMAHA. Maybe he's mad Roland got there first.....
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255820 - 02/06/09 07:02 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
Dnj Offline

V Piano is a Pianomans Dream machine!

#255821 - 02/06/09 07:03 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Just speculation, Squeak...don't assume that this product will be successful until it gets out in the public and is given the litmus test.

Too heavy and expensive for the average gigging musician, especially if it has to be moved by one person.

Most, if not all, jazz piano players want an acoustic.

Meanwhile, Yamaha will make acoustic pianos for them.

The V-Piano has one sound playable from the keyboard...piano...many variations...but, ONE sound nevertheless.

Time will tell how successful it is.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-08-2009).]

#255822 - 02/06/09 07:06 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Not every digital piano out there has pitch and mod wheels Ian.

Mine does.

#255823 - 02/06/09 07:14 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
squeak_D Offline

Ian..., come off it man. YOUR digital has that because it WAS designed to ALSO fucntion as a MIDI CONTROLLER and not just a digital piano. Again your complaints are moot because you're bitching about things this V-Piano wasn't even designed or marketed for...

#255824 - 02/06/09 07:19 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
squeak_D Offline

Ian..., you're freakin nuts or you must live in a very cold isolated bubble way up somewhere in Canada to 'specluate" that most if not all jazz players want an acoustic piano...... I've seen countless jazz performers use digitals.

You know darn good and well if it was Yamaha's name on this V-Piano you'd be all over the freaking thing. You'd be going on and on about how great it is.., and bouncing up and down. You're too proud to even admit that Roland has just outdone Yamaha on this one.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-06-2009).]

#255825 - 02/06/09 07:29 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Perphaps Ian's real problem with the V-Piano and his complaints about things IT'S NOT DESIGNED FOR really fall down to the unit saying ROLAND and not YAMAHA. Maybe he's mad Roland got there first.....

If you read my initial comments on this piano Squeak, you'd realize I was pretty excited about it.

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018962.html

I don't care what name is on the product...I use what suits my needs...I would definitely buy a Roland or Korg if I felt my personal playing needs required it...I don't have to stick solely with Yamaha because I do a few clinics and demos for them.

I'm considering several products made by other manufacturers...the Nord C1, the Hammond XK1 to name a few.

After some consideration, and a dose of reality, I realized the V-Piano would not be for me, no matter how much I love playing the piano.

It's not practical at all...would you drag around one of these things by yourself?

I'm considering a CP-33 to replace my CP-300, instead of a P85(no wheels).

Am I "mad"? Maybe in the sanity sense, Squeak , but seeing an such an innovative product by Roland only means one thing...competition always improves the breed.

Nothing wrong with that.

Ian

#255826 - 02/06/09 07:47 AM Re: NEW Roland V Piano demo.....coming in March WOW!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ian..., you're freakin nuts

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online