SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#256604 - 02/17/09 07:04 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Not everyone wants the same in an arranger/organ. (Just be thankful you have a diverse selection)
Most uses however that have tried an open keyboard for any length of time find it difficult to go back to a hardware board, mainly because they do not allow them to use the sounds and features that they get used to.
Are they for everybody, of course not, but then neither are hardware boards.
So choose what you are happy with, if others don’t like it or think its crap, so what, their not playing it.
The only point I would like to make is to go and try one before you make a decision. (If there are not many dealers in your area, you will always find plenty of owners around who would be happy to let you try it)(This applies to all boards)

Regards

Bill

Bill I think this post sums it up very nicely.....great insight & very true. next year when we all read these silly pissin' contests & all those kb's are old hat we'll get a big laugh for sure...think I'm kidding?.....do a search on Kb's we talked about 5 years ago or beyond....eg:

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000148.html
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000145.html
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000175.html

YIKES another Diki?....

#256605 - 02/17/09 09:05 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I leave you there to continue talk, talk and blame the MS..
Here we continue work and add the features request:

Yamaha style loader on Main MS arranger page to Live Styler is ready!
Now we start to mapping in realtimes the all keys function API for the full integration.
in some days here we can develope features that others need MONTHS and can only dreaming.

You can continue bad discuss here, I don't have the time to follow you.
Enjoy what you play

#256606 - 02/17/09 09:12 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dom,
When a MS comes to the US that I can go see/play...let me know. I am interested.

Also, since I helped you go the full LS direction...how about a great price on one for me?

Lee

#256607 - 02/17/09 09:19 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Dom,
When a MS comes to the US that I can go see/play...let me know. I am interested.

Also, since I helped you go the full LS direction...how about a great price on one for me?

Lee

Lee..how can you be interested for one MS with the LS inside?
Diki told that Live styler sounds and work more crappy as the Casio!
Test first if LS can loading CASIO soundfonts and make Diki happy,then finally can full blame on Live styler too.

anyway, let me know what can right now the best soundfont XG to use, right now is working really fine with the GIGA sounbank available on MS.
If we can find some netter under XG will help a lot for some missing XG sounds.

For the offer don't worry...let me first complete this new features.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 02-17-2009).]

#256608 - 02/17/09 10:37 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Domenic....how about the new 61 key model you said a few months ago that you were working on.... any news?

#256609 - 02/17/09 05:06 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Dom... that screenshot sounded SO good...

That's the problem, you know. You keep posting screenshots, and we keep asking for musical demos. No offense, Magic, but if this is the best you can come up with in three years of trying, who HAS got the time to make the MS work well..? I know I don't have three years to spare before I could go out and gig on one, and to be honest, if that's what it sounded like after three years, I wouldn't gig with it anyway! (I don't think Fran takes his out, does he?)

C'mon, everybody who has an MS.... Who gigs with theirs as an arranger? I bet most of you just use B4, a Giga piano and the like over another arranger!

It doesn't matter if the MS has 200 or 400 or 1000 styles aboard. It matters if any of them are better styles that you get in a T3, or a PA2, etc.. And, from what I've heard, damn few are, if any. Listening to Dom call an arranger a 'glorified karaoke machine' just basically points out how clueless he is as to what an arranger IS. Not to mention that he actually MAKES an arranger...! Not much respect for his own product, eh?

Do you know what an arranger without good styles or sounds actually is?

IT'S A WORKSTATION... Circa 1996.

Since then, even WS's have had high quality grooves and loops and arps included, OOTB. But not the MS. So, by modern standards, it ain't an arranger, it ain't a WS... Just what the hell IS it?

#256610 - 02/17/09 06:02 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Magica Alfa Offline

Dear Diki,

This song that i show you are nothing what can come out of MS. But because I want to start one level higher nobody understand me nothing. Than I come with simple solution of style and than also you did not understand point. And than something between but also that is not your style.

Diki here are possible a lot of things, but you need to ask me what you want to hear.
Which type of music? Believe me I know many styles to play. Even if I look on your work I can say: that is not arranger G70 here is voice and guitar etc. but that was not point of discuses with you about what is possible to come out from G70. I know that also you can make something better on your G70 only depend if you need to do.

And finally I play with my MS from start on gigs you can ask other guys who know me. And I can tell you that better sounds than I have on this keyboard I had never on any kind of them. It is true that I do not need so many styles as you. But I have 15 good for my region and that is enough. End if you are playing all night with styles than you are really . . . ( I will not say the word)

But it is nice to talk with you, because you need more and more and with that I'm every day better.

#256611 - 02/17/09 07:11 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well, Dom,
In this case (if he said what you said he said) Diki has not done his homework (no offense intended Diki)!

I have LS here and I use 1 of two sound sources for the accomanyment. A real Yamaha QY100 and the Yamaha XG softsynth. LS is not the problem with the sounds...it is only the sounds source! It's not LS that has any problem I assure you. LS does not have any sounds!

I also have used it with the sounds in the Korg PA2...WORKS SUPER. Sounds great.
I have used it with EMU Emulator X studio also with VSTi...works super there too.

A superb XG sound set using a high quality sound source is needed to sound as good as a Tyros. A Tyros rack module would be great! :-)
I have used LS with all my sound sources here...Korg PA, QY100, Kurzweil K2600X, Kurzweil PC2R, Emulator X Studio, Tyros 2.

The QY100 actually provides a pretty good XG sound set...quality is moderate. Too bad the idiots at Yamaha did not provide XG sound set in the Motif Rack (they seem to hold on to it for everyting else)..that would be a killer with LS.

Now with the new version..LS can use a real Ketron SD-2 for sounds and play Ketron styles as well. I am looking for a good used, cheap SD-2 to try this all out.

To make the Yamaha styles really sound great we need a full T2 XG and Mega-Voice sound source. (Maybe just put a T2 behind the wall?) :-)

If you could do the integration perfectly and creat the sound source I just described...it would help sell MS. Big Time!IMHO.

Or...you can just spend $200,000 and 5 years getting great styles written for MS?

Lee

#256612 - 02/17/09 09:49 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Bachus Offline

This post is starting to sound like Diki's personall vendetta against Media station...

We all agree that mediastation isn't everyone's arranger, its meant for creative people that like to make their own music and "styles" and not for people that want an easy out of the box arranger that they can use on the stage without thinking and planning...

Its for creative musiccians that wanna create new things and not for copy cats that just play music others have written.

No offence, but just accept that there are people that want other things in an instrument then you do.

Mediastation has :

-Great sounds (espescially with VSt's)
-Awesome tools to create new things.
-Flexibillity beyound your dreams.

Nothing wrong with that for a creative mind is it?

And yes it is a "Work"-station, the "ultimate" workstation that actually sets an open standard that yamaha and others can't live up to as they want to sell you a new arranger every three years, where MS will atleast have a lifecycle of 15 years.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#256613 - 02/18/09 12:53 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:

I have LS here and I use 1 of two sound sources for the accomanyment. A real Yamaha QY100 and the Yamaha XG softsynth.
Lee

I test also LS with some VST goot choice is from Soundcanves, XG softsynth, if you want you can connect that to NI Kontakt or MASSIVE or BAND STAND.

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online