SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#25724 - 11/24/01 03:38 PM Re: XP-60 beginner, desperately seeking basic help
ignorant virgin Offline

Loc: phoenix, az, usa
Got the playback, thanks. After creating patterns in real time, I entered the pattern #s in step mode, per the Advanced Sequencing support doc. Worked fine the first time in. However, when I made changes later it squirreled up some. For example, I went back and copied some patterns for variations, then entered them in some of the places of original patterns. The playback had measures of silence at various points. I've done this a couple times now. What do you figure I'm doing wrong?
Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally posted by dnarkosis:
"I've written a few drum patterns rand linked them together per the link directions. How do I play back this sequence of patterns"

If you have entered pattern call messages on the phrase tracks of your song, you should be able to press "Start/Stop" on your sequencer and have the patterns play back in the order you entered them.

Remember that you must enter pattern call messages in the same measure increments as your patterns, that is, if you have 4-measure pattern and enter a pattern call message for it, say, in measure 10, you don't put in another pattern call message until measure 14. If the pattern had been 2 measures long, enter the next call message in measure 12, etc.

#25725 - 11/24/01 04:57 PM Re: XP-60 beginner, desperately seeking basic help
ignorant virgin Offline

Loc: phoenix, az, usa
I successfully copied some notes into the User:001 set. However, they didn't stick. I assumed the copy action was being saved at the same time.
So...after I make the copy actions, how do I save the modified destination rhythm set?
As always, thanks D!
Quote:
Originally posted by dnarkosis:
Just checked out #2 (rhythm copy):
Very easy.

(1) --> Rhythm Mode
(2) --> Utility --> Copy
(3) Put your cursor on the source kit and dial up the kit from which you want to copy a rhythm instrument
(4) Put your cursor on the key letter to the right, e.g., C4 or whichever key the rhythm instrument you want to copy is assigned to in the source kit(you can just press that key)
(5) Do the same for the destination key where you want the instrument copied
(6) Execute.

Don't forget to save the kit in temp to your user location.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online