SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 33 of 53 < 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257490 - 03/05/09 03:47 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Donny ... have [b]YOU used them on a gig???
t.

[/B]

Yes Tony I have used them the first night I recieved them last week.

#257491 - 03/05/09 07:21 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Hi Donny

Yes, 43 lbs is more than I'll be moving. I may consider the 8" or 10". How did the 10's ever get up to 32 lbs I wonder, still a bit heavier than I was wanting.

It seems these may be a better quality value than the Peavey PR series and the Behringer B212A's??

I wonder how these suckers compare to my JBL 10 Eon G2's? I have never needed more, if anything I'm asked to turn down. So, I"m wondering what the point would be for me to have the 8 inchers. As a matter of fact, I'm wondering why zuki would consider using four of the 8's rather than have a couple of 10's for the big rooms.

Is there any point in my considering 2 of the 8's to use with my JBL 10's for big rooms? I like the price better and the idea of smaller and lighter. Opinions please..haha, it's the Podium craze

Scott, I bet you'd like them as well as your Eons. If you don't need the excessive volume (these things get PLENTY loug), I'd highly recommned. I'm ditching my Mackie 450v2s and it seems you and I are pretty much in the same venues (sound-wise).

The reason I said 4 was because I'm buying a 2nd pair for my studio and selling my very old DS-90s. This way, when I balance, I know how it'll sound live. So if a job calls for outdoors, huge, lots of ground, etc, I can take all 4 (but I doubt that will ever happen).

My vote is 100% for these for you. I think you could sell them to a bunch of folks here if you didn't like

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#257492 - 03/05/09 08:24 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

"
Quote:
Jim, I'm sold. I'm getting two for my new house gig. I'll place them in separate dining rooms and line out of the PA, with some really long cords. I'll just have to remember to turn them off each night.
Understand they're now back-ordered. They'll probably be closer to $259.00 than the price you paid.

Sounds like really versatile little units!

R."

Russ congrats use them well!

D.

#257493 - 03/05/09 08:30 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Called the order in. They tell me it will be about two weeks. They'll email or call when they're available. Final price will be affected by the current exchange rate. Looking at about $240.00...still a bargain, looks like.

There are several other speakers, stands, etc. they have that I could use. I'll place a small order for these this afternoon.

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 03-05-2009).]

#257494 - 03/05/09 10:01 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Kingfrog...where have you been?

What are your thoughts on the opinions of the new 802 owners?

Hard to believe that "PC speakers" can have so much merit!!!!

Maybe they are so well accepted because they aren't "PC Speakers"..

Anyway it would be nice to hear your thoughts on the last few days..Remember one member, is thinking of moving away from Mackie 450's..

Five people can't be wrong? LOL

Look, you guys have a special relationship here. You play rooms of 30 people.Maybe restaurants, Nursing homes,perhaps more low volume low energy venues, There is a much older group here, with different needs and clients than I expected. That's a different world than we live in at the moment and I do understand your choices based on the demographic. Gary's "set up video" hammered that home.

The fact that a handful of buyers on this board seemed to have created a sell out tells me they are not heavily stocked and demand is not all that. A handful of people bought them based on their friendship and trust on this board.

That's what I think, Fran. I still would not buy a pair reading things like...they are "better" then the Bose, people selling Mackie SRMS...(perhaps the Mackies are too heavy or they are over kill for 30-50 people)Thats not to say powered Speakers CANNOT reproduce 30Hz (The new Event Opals do just that but they have a 24mm excursion range in the woofer and cost $1500 each)but I am not hearing with others ears.

This is a different world than I'm used to and a different mindset. We buy the best we can for the largest venues first, then we consider weight and size. Cost is not a factor because they pay for themselves.

We only want ONE system for all needs. Thats why we bought the Bose Systems.(Not to mention they are universally proven and accepted to a point where 7 orders won't wipe out the entire US Stock pile. They serve every need wonderfully and most venues indoors and out.Really large venues provide a house system. I see nothing that will replace them for our needs.

I am happy for you your recommendation has been met with positive result from the community. I know that's important to you, more important than the speakers may be considering your pride in the pages of interest as well. Good for you. I look forward to your next find. Perhaps it will be something we can use.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-05-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257495 - 03/05/09 10:35 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:

The fact that a handful of buyers on this board created a sell out tells me they are not heavily stocked and demand is not all that.
[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-05-2009).]

kingfrog ... Do you REALLY think that the ONLY people who have purchased these are on this forum ?!?!?!?!? ...
And I would appreciate it if you would not be so condescending to say that we all 'play rooms of 30 people' ...

I accept the fact that your career has put you in a higher stratosphere than most of us, but I still cannot understand how ANYONE can judge the merits of ANYTHING with out first hand experience ...

t.

#257496 - 03/05/09 11:10 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi, ya I am also considerig these speakers, my interest is in the 12vs they don't have them in stock at this time, I am now using just 4 k.c 60 rolands,I just started doing gigs, and to my surprise was offered several jobs I also entertain for seniors,I think they are quite hip, they like the 60 and 70 hits,twist etc. they get out there and rock, I need 4 speakers as I use output 1&2 for base & drums, what is the difference in a keyboard powered speaker verses just a powered speaker?the price is right on these and every one seems to like them/////Paula

#257497 - 03/05/09 11:10 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi, ya I am also considerig these speakers, my interest is in the 12vs they don't have them in stock at this time, I am now using just 4 k.c 60 rolands,I just started doing gigs, and to my surprise was offered several jobs I also entertain for seniors,I think they are quite hip, they like the 60 and 70 hits,twist etc. they get out there and rock, I need 4 speakers as I use output 1&2 for base & drums, what is the difference in a keyboard powered speaker verses just a powered speaker?the price is right on these and every one seems to like them/////Paula

#257498 - 03/05/09 11:13 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Five people can't be wrong? LOL

Or just the one?

#257499 - 03/05/09 11:27 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
kingfrog ... Do you REALLY think that the ONLY people who have purchased these are on this forum ?!?!?!?!? ...
And I would appreciate it if you would not be so condescending to say that we all 'play rooms of 30 people' ...

I accept the fact that your career has put you in a higher stratosphere than most of us, but I still cannot understand how ANYONE can judge the merits of ANYTHING with out first hand experience ...

t.

t.
I got a good laugh reading it also another fortune teller perhaps?....is that why he now works in a GC

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-05-2009).]

Page 33 of 53 < 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online