SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 36 of 53 < 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257520 - 03/05/09 04:22 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I went to the OFD website and saw that they were only about 1 mile from my store here in California.
I called and spoke with Sasha and introduced myself and my store. She was so happy to find out from me about all you synthzoners. I had her go on line and check out the 300 + posts on our website. They have no factory showroom but get many customers wanting to come and try out their products.
She will call me when more powered speakers arrive and hopefully we will be able to stock and sell these little gems here at my music store for those in the area.
I waited to hear responses from many of you who have purchased these and tried them out.
Sasha, if you are now reading our posts here, it was a pleasure speaking with you today.

Way to go George. You'll have a winning line, that's for sure Let me know if it happens and you can use me as a reference.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#257521 - 03/05/09 05:04 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i am glad that someone has spotted an opportunity and not closed their minds as well as their ears. I hope you sell a boat load George.

#257522 - 03/05/09 05:43 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Last time I'll say this:

3rd day gigging - TERRIFIC! Way to go Podium (and Fran)

Kingfrog, wanna buy my 450v2s?

Sasha, you'd better call me, as promised (Jim Herrmann a.k.a. zuki)

No thanks..Been there done that...got the cap....Thats why we bought the Bose. Its handles everything, No need for multiple systems or monitors. Bigger rooms provide their own systems.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-05-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257523 - 03/05/09 05:50 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Or just the one?

I have never been a follower, and being wrong on this does not cost me a dime. so what's your point

Enjoy them. Buy a ton of them. I'll stick with what I know. You guy rapping about me working in a music store go right ahead. Im here by choice, not necessity. Not to mention purchasing anything for 10% below Dealer cost. I am sure there are planty of people who would suffer a few hours a day listening to chopsticks and drop D chords to buy a Tyros 3 and a Motif XS8 and practically get a Bose Mod II system "free" with the savings. Working for a dealer has it's benefits that go far beyond a paycheck.
A new T4 for the price of a used T3....OK.

And as Long as I am there I can buy the new models for the same price I can get for the used ones.(and medical benefits ) for 4 hours a day a few days a week. Yeah throw me in THAT "brier patch"....

We are not a GC. And no we won't carry the Synthzone "Speakers of the Year" but I will send customers here to read your glowing reviews and as usual let them decide for themselves whether to buy them WITHOUT HEARING THEM like all of you who did buy them.

I am a firm believe in "you get what you pay for". I have yet to see enough evidence to the contrary to change that mindset, especially when in the public eye and on their dime.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257524 - 03/05/09 07:12 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
kingfrog ... Do you REALLY think that the ONLY people who have purchased these are on this forum ?!?!?!?!? ...
And I would appreciate it if you would not be so condescending to say that we all 'play rooms of 30 people' ...

I accept the fact that your career has put you in a higher stratosphere than most of us, but I still cannot understand how ANYONE can judge the merits of ANYTHING with out first hand experience ...

t.

No but its seems you got the last five sets....how coincidental?

I judge the merits of things based on market REPUTATION and longevity when I do not have direct access."Frankly" (no pun intended) I don't see the issue with that.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but Yes the general air around here seems to be restaurants, nursing homes (I would love to volunteer playing at one someday), weddings (shoot me first), and generally lower energy events for the OMB players.

Maybe some are playing local high energy dance clubs who knows. But I have more a sense of "Just the Way you Are" over "Big Shot" on a playlist. I could be wrong. You may all be rocking out playing screaming right hand distorted guitar leads followed by the Cupid Shuffle and Cha Cha Slide....who knows.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257525 - 03/05/09 08:13 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Kingfrog, in our previous conversations, you have never come across this sarcastic...What's up?

#257526 - 03/05/09 08:45 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

mc,

that's funny cause i had Mackie subs with Mackie 450 tops,

now the 450's are my monitors, and i have QSC for tops

so i have mackie subs powered for bass
and QSC powered for tops,
the opposite of you :-)
was thinking about getting QSC subm the 18" but damn its big and heavy

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 03-05-2009).]

#257527 - 03/05/09 08:55 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Try the new JBL Eon subs, or the PRX-series. Very good sound and low weight + Crown amps!

#257528 - 03/05/09 10:01 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Kingfrog, in our previous conversations, you have never come across this sarcastic...What's up?

Quote:
i am glad that someone has spotted an opportunity and not closed their minds as well as their ears

Quote:
Kingfrog, wanna buy my 450v2s?

Quote:
At least my hearing isn't damaged from demoing $99.00 amps at a retail music store.

Quote:
Kingfrog...where have you been?
What are your thoughts on the opinions of the new 802 owners?Hard to believe that "PC speakers" can have so much merit!!!!
.Remember one member, is thinking of moving away from Mackie 450's..

I actually stopped reading this thread last week, it not being applicable to my needs or further interest, but was PM'd regarding your question so I thought I answered it.Then came the sarcasm directed my way LOL.

People wonder how I can pass judgment without hearing them yet five (more or less) bought them without hearing them. I find that more far more inordinate and a cause for wonder, especially dealing with audio gear from an Ebay vendor. Then with a few buyers they are suddenly sold out.I would never buy untested audio gear from any store without hearing it based on a questionable incomplete spec sheet That's just me. Nor would I chastise someone who thought they should listen before buying anything.

David Foster and Michael Omartian and many other major producers use different gear and I would suspect none of them would use gear they have not heard purely based on each other's opinion.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257529 - 03/06/09 06:04 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
David Foster and Michael Omartian and many other major producers use different gear and I would suspect none of them would use gear they have not heard purely based on each other's opinion.

Here's another way to look at it. The majority of people on this board have way more discretionary income than the average poor struggling musician. If you look at who bought these speakers (most of whom didn't even have a pressing need for them), for most of them, $200 bucks is 'chump change'. All of us know that Fran's been around the music business long enough to know whether a pair of speakers are pure junk or not. Let's face it; at that price they only need to be 'not terrible' to be justifiable.

Nobody was pressured to buy them. Fran bought them on a gamble, was pleasantly surprised by the build-quality and sound, and decided to pass the information on. The rest of us looked at Fran's review, the weight, the price, and how they would fit our individual needs (back-ups, stage monitors, studio monitors, small-room gigs, augmentation for existing setups, etc.) and decided that this purchase was a prudent risk. I don't think that makes us idiots, as some would have us believe. IT'S MY MONEY, AND I WANT (to spend) IT NOW!

chas

Page 36 of 53 < 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online