SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#261304 - 04/12/09 09:58 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks for all the good thoughts. I'm in Oklahoma visiting my son. Played 36 holes yesterday, and we're getting ready for Easter dinner now.
Thanks for the link to the video. I hadn't seen it.
DonM

#261305 - 04/12/09 06:50 PM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
"Getting my window replaced now. Cost is $471. Guess who has a $500. deductible."

Don,

Maybe times have changed, but every auto policy I've had had zero deductable for glass. I guess it's a safety thing. Please check your policy. -charley

#261306 - 04/12/09 08:05 PM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hey Don:

Going to Oklahoma? Wow, from an area not usually associated with Tornadoes (Shreveport) to Tornado Alley... Oklahoma!

Brave stuff, my man. Be careful. I sure hope your gear is okay. Man, those Scion Windows are expensive. I agree, Ernest will probably have things back together sufficiently to resume business ASAP.

We really dodged a bullet over in this neck of the Texas woods. Finally got rain and have had several high wind episodes. A few turned common grass fires into infernos but nothing real close to Glen Rose.

Take Care and Happy Easter.

Dave Rice
http://www.DaveRice.Bandcamp.com

#261307 - 04/13/09 07:55 AM Re: Brought the house down tonight!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
By going to a $500. deductible on collision and comp, we saved about $1000. a year on total cost of our car insurance. So far, we're still ahead!
My wife is employed by the largest insurance agency in the area. It's a calculated risk.
Rice, I'm glad the bad stuff missed you this time. I grew up in Oklahoma and have been through many tornadoes. Only had damage after moving to Louisiana. The one in 99 did $40,000 damage to our house and property, and we were one of the lucky ones then.
I would rather dodge an occasional tornado then the hurricanes and earthquakes in other parts of the country.
I'll be checking out the equipment today.
DonM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online