and good looks,

Since when?

#261947 - 04/23/09 05:04 PM Re: Audya price announced
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
everything else, style editing, creation, voice editing

None of that ... yet ... trust me i know, it wont do any of it yet.

#261948 - 04/23/09 05:10 PM Re: Audya price announced
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
None of that ... yet ... trust me i know, it wont do any of it yet.

what?, you were able to create, edit, voices and styles since the MS50.

#261949 - 04/23/09 05:18 PM Re: Audya price announced
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
As for style creation and edit, I was told yes, but I will find out next week, once I have one, also I am one of those omb italian players from CT.
I've always said Ketron does the best latin/mediterrain type styles

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#261950 - 04/23/09 05:57 PM Re: Audya price announced
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
what?, you were able to create, edit, voices and styles since the MS50.

Now I wasn't sure but I checked my X1 manual it was called style record, which then was saved as a pattern. In pattern edit mode you can also further edit.

#261951 - 04/23/09 07:15 PM Re: Audya price announced
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Diki,

I've heard the Audya and it sounds much better than my g70. It lacks nothing of importance for most players and excels at the things that are important. Should I start listing what the g70 doesn't have? I do think it is about $1000 too costly. I am again amazed at your ability to discern things you have not experienced. I wish I had that ability.

Tom

Tom

#261952 - 04/23/09 07:15 PM Re: Audya price announced
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
MC, yes you can EDIT PATTERN on any older Ketron but on AUDYA you can only mix and move
stuff in between styles but you are not able to create your own styles from scratch.Also same for
the sounds, you can use only whats inside and provided by Ketron, nothing else. You cant really
manipulate the internal sounds (which is the case for every Ketron), its not like Korg or Yammie
with Micro Editing where you basically do anything to the sound, on any Ketron machines you
can do only very little to the sound. I know this for a fact cuz thats what i do for living and also work
and have worked on 10s of machines, i dont know if there is any of the new machine that i havent
worked on, right now i work on over 10 machines. Audya is not able to do many of these things as
of now, we have to wait till further updates, ctreating styles from scratch on Audya i think is coming
with OS 2.0 but i dont know if it will have an Event Editor as on any other arranger. The synth is
very good and for now you can use only whats inside or you can create styles on SD machines
then load them directly to AUDYA, it can do that, i tested it already.

#261953 - 04/23/09 07:43 PM Re: Audya price announced
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
MC, yes you can EDIT PATTERN on any older Ketron but on AUDYA you can only mix and move
stuff in between styles but you are not able to create your own styles from scratch.Also same for
the sounds, you can use only whats inside and provided by Ketron, nothing else. You cant really
manipulate the internal sounds (which is the case for every Ketron), its not like Korg or Yammie
with Micro Editing where you basically do anything to the sound, on any Ketron machines you
can do only very little to the sound. I know this for a fact cuz thats what i do for living and also work
and have worked on 10s of machines, i dont know if there is any of the new machine that i havent
worked on, right now i work on over 10 machines. Audya is not able to do many of these things as
of now, we have to wait till further updates, ctreating styles from scratch on Audya i think is coming
with OS 2.0 but i dont know if it will have an Event Editor as on any other arranger. The synth is
very good and for now you can use only whats inside or you can create styles on SD machines
then load them directly to AUDYA, it can do that, i tested it already.

thanks, I can't see them not providing this feature as they did on every other board. I sure it will be included in the future via updates. Lee,(leezone) did meantion that the FCmusica in Portugal has created ethnic user styles which they will sell. so maybe that feature was included in 2.0 which has not been offically released.

thanks

#261954 - 04/23/09 09:01 PM Re: Audya price announced
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
I am again amazed at your ability to discern things you have not experienced. I wish I had that ability.

It's called 'reading' 'listening' and 'thinking', Tom. I do a lot of it

I've read the manual, I've read everything at the website, I've read every post here at SZ since I joined, I've read every post for AND against the Audya (and written from BOTH sides of that fence!). I've also listened to every demo I could find, for Audya and SD-1 (like I do for everything else) I listen to what people say, and listen especially to what they say once the hype and newness wears off.

I don't know about you, but if the ONLY things we are supposed to talk about are things we have personally done, tried and experienced, what a waste of all this forum's time and effort that would be... What's the POINT of posting a review, or an impression, or an opinion..? Apparently, it should have NO bearing on what I think... In fact, I shouldn't think a damn thing until I've tried it, touched it, played it?

Take a look at that premise, and decide for yourself if you've ever gathered information from anything OTHER than 'monkey see, monkey do'. Kind of makes even BEING here kind of pointless, doesn't it?

Ketron's lack of ease for creating new styles or editing existing ones (I'm not saying it cannot be done, just that it is from listening to those who have tried) is known. But hey, I shouldn't listen to THEM, should I? What do they know?!

BTW, when the PA2Xpro (even if you want to dismiss the five year old G70, as hard as you make us try to not discount the five year old SD-1) manages to provide a good 76 at a fraction of the price of the Audya (or the E60, at a fraction of THAT), looking to that as an excuse for the price is not exactly logical.

Oh, and Tom... should I list all the things the G70 has that the Audya has not? Let's just START with comprehensive, bonehead stupidly easy to use style editing, creating, assembling, morphing and tweaking. No external software needed, BTW. I can turn a ROM style into something unique and VERY different sounding in two minutes flat... Do THAT on an Audya!

Let us continue with the easiest to use, most comprehensive on board sequencer in an arranger. Once again, no outboard computer required. Everything from simple header and drumkit tweaking tools to out and out conditional event editing... And once again, IMO, the easiest to use. It's all well and good to say that, sooner or later, these things are going to get added. Unless Ketron have a RADICALLY different paradigm to before, there are PLENTY of user posts bemoaning the lack of easy editing (comparatively) on previous Ketron's. Do I REALLY have to try one to accept actual user's words?

Apparently, I do...

Look, I didn't need to touch one to realize from the very first post about the Audya that Ketron had bitten off more than anyone else in the computer industry had managed to chew. Time has proven my doubts about their claims unfortunately true. You know, come to think about it, waiting until you play something to have an opinion is VERY overrated!

Now, don't get me wrong... ignore them all you want, but you MIGHT acknowledge that I have been very impressed with Ketron's demos, posted about it (apparently, though, I should remain unimpressed until I play one, or does that only apply to 'negative' impressions? ) positively, and all that. But my reservations about the Audya are based on specific OS shortcomings, that I use regularly on my G70, like the aforementioned lack of easy editing, and I've never said a bad thing about the basic sound, other than my dismay at how poorly the guitar loop feature's demos turned out after all the hype and misinformation.

But what do I know...? I only read, listen, and think. Obviously, overrated skills for anyone, eh, Tom?

#261955 - 04/24/09 06:18 AM Re: Audya price announced
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki has a good point (or should I say points) Tom. This new Audya was banked on these new audio styles. Can't really beat Ketron up for the marketing hype (because all the makers do it). However, it appears that the audio "just may not" live up to all that hype.

This thing is selling for $1000 more than a Tyros 3.., yet as Diki pointed out.., this Ketron is also missing some things that YOU SHOULD FIND on a so called pro arranger that costs five grand! I like Ketrons sound.., and I like their styles, but for the price compared to what all you get (and compare those features to the competition).., GEEZ give me a Tyros 3, G-70 or PA model!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online