SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >
Topic Options
#263440 - 05/16/09 02:35 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
As far as the insults go Diki...you were the first to toss down the glove...you don't need to cut me any slack, but it would be in your best interest to cut out the guff.

Regarding your question...I'm quite happy with the S900's keybed as it is...I like the action a lot...I have said this many times in the past.

If they changed it to the workstation keybed, which I like very much as well, I'm sure I would get used to it.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 05-16-2009).]

#263441 - 05/16/09 11:25 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Would calling what I post 'guff' qualify as an insult, Ian..?

Look, we spread these things over several threads at times. Who's keeping score about the first snarky thing that is said? Without a doubt, I can find at least as insulting a reference on your part on another thread. So, don't act all wounded on one thread while you are dishing out the same 'guff' on others...

Oops! there I go again...

For instance, it's curious how you find it impossible to discuss Yamaha, without tossing in some pretty overt Roland bashing. You know, I KNOW that Roland could improve considerably. But not their build quality. And I am perfectly happy to discuss what could be improved. However, you have a problem sticking to the issue of Yamaha's build quality. Whatever they make is good enough for you, good bad or indifferent. Time to bash the competition, rather than civilly discussing the issue. Start a Roland thread if that's what you REALLY want to talk about. It's pretty obvious you bring in the Roland zingers when you haven't actually got anything constructive to say other than 'whatever they do is fine by me'...

And that, my friend, is called 'obfuscation' and 'misdirection', NOT 'discussion'.

Diki the Whiner

#263442 - 05/16/09 11:27 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
AMEN!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#263443 - 05/16/09 02:34 PM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Would calling what I post 'guff' qualify as an insult, Ian..?

For instance, it's curious how you find it impossible to discuss Yamaha, without tossing in some pretty overt Roland bashing.

OK. I guess you must be the "question fairy"...you know, sort of the converse of the "tooth fairy" - leave a couple of easy to understand statements on a post somewhere, and, whoops, a question from the "fairy" suddenly appears.

Now, if I could only find the "Porsche fairy" ....

I see you have an assistant...at first I thought there was an echo after your posts...it turns out to be just a little squeak.

Of course, the above is stated with tongue firmly in cheek...mmmm....just where are those tongue-in-cheek smileys when you need 'em?

Seriously, it is also quite curious how you find it impossible to discuss Roland, without tossing in some pretty overt Yamaha bashing...read some of your old posts sometime...very enlightening.

You know, my friend, it's not too difficult for you to see my faults when you possess the same...that's precisely why it is so easy for you to recognize them.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 05-16-2009).]

#263444 - 05/17/09 12:07 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
mr9000 Offline

Aww man, i was having such a good entertaining time LOLI(out loud inwardly)reading the last few posts i thought i'd gone & wet my pants..turns out my pants were the ones getting pissed on..yet again!
:0
Synthzone rocks!how people get turned off by the deameanor of this forum & leave like the world shall now pay for their disgruntled absence does not at all interest this lil 'sqweak'.Even during slow times minds are sharp here.Just about every forum i lurk around has the same vibe:
'say it nice and tread nicly now'.
Gets old..I wantta be young cough cough weez weez..fall'n can't..get..up.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 05-17-2009).]

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 05-17-2009).]

#263445 - 05/17/09 02:18 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Amen to both the above posts... wet myself reading the last one

Sorry, Ian, you're right.. we both swim in the same sea and get up to the same shenanigans. With you, in particular and with several others, I must confess to receiving and dishing the same stuff, I just don't get as worked up about it. But about the only thing getting my goat lately here are just unveiled, unsubtle and absolutely unfunny personal flames, without the slightest attempt to make them arranger orientated... (or even toss in a smilie or two )

You never fall into that, and I appreciate that. Occasionally, both of us rub each other the wrong way, but it never gets personal (or at least I know it isn't intended that way) in the mean way that some others do...

However, perhaps one thing that you and I have differently... My criticisms of the Yamaha's are done with a wish to actually OWN one... IF they had 76's, IF they were better built without the huge cost penalty that the T3 imposes, IF the MIDI implementation was more flexible, etc., etc., I'd actually own one, and integrate it with my G70. I have a nasty feeling most of what you criticize the Roland's for isn't with a view to making it acceptable enough to own...

I have a feeling most of your Roland jibes are done simply to exult in Yamaha's 'perceived' superiority . Which, for many aspects, it has. But don't think for one minute that, IF I owned an S900, I wouldn't be finding as much wrong with it as my G70 has! That's just me.

I often come here to basically voice how and why I think things could be much better with arrangers than they are right now. And this, as anyone should know, includes my own arranger as much as anyone else's. I think this is our difference. I simply want things to be better, whether with your arranger or mine..

And you seldom appear to want ANYTHING better...

#263446 - 05/17/09 04:46 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I simply want things to be better, whether with your arranger or mine..

And you seldom appear to want ANYTHING better...

I'm glad you see the humor, and not anything nasty, because those were not my intentions...you know I enjoy your posts, and you do really know what you're talking about 99% of the time ...that's important, considering there are a few here who merely blather away just to get attention, or post bigoted and mean comments that are only intended to hurt...we know who they are.

I don't know if your above statement is correct, Diki...I had a PSR-3000 that met my needs quite nicely....great sounds, mega voices, great styles, nice lightweight cabinet...I even bought a spare...dead reliable as well.

I would have kept them, but Yamaha slipped me an S900 mickey, and because I am always looking for ways to improve my sound, I succumbed...the SA Sax and Guitars had me hooked.

The S900 is very similar to the 3k, and I like it for the same reasons as the latter, but I got it because I wanted "something better" ...even if it was only incrementally better, because the more I enjoy playing, the more that feeling gets passed on to the listener

Consider my recent investment of two Bose L1 systems... I wanted a system for doing concerts, and one that would provide coverage...I could have used one L1 system, but I wasn't satisfied with the sound in mono, so I bought two. Waste of money? Maybe, to some, but it was worth it to me. It wasn't an impulse purchase...I tried them out extensively, and only when I was thoroughly satisfied they sounded that much better, did I make the investment.

Would every listener notice? Maybe not, but I get lots of compliments on the sound (no hot spots) and because I enjoy the experience of being in stereo, the feeling gets passed on to the audience...it's infectious...if you look like you're having a great time playing, the listeners pick up on it....and vice versa.

I remember you making a statement, "the devil is in the details" , and it makes a lot of sense. I try to work on the details (reworked styles, proper panning and EQ'ing, appropriate music, proper volume), because they will make the difference between a great performance and one that is merely adequate.

I know you do the same, and it shows in the tunes that you have shared with me.

So, yes, my friend, I do want and care about having things better.

Ian

#263447 - 05/17/09 06:28 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#263448 - 05/17/09 06:51 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

#263449 - 05/17/09 08:01 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
Dnj Offline

Emphasis should be on people learning "how to play better " FIRST & Foremost.....the new technology will come in due time one way or another but that wont change your playing skill.What we already have today is more then adequate.... That will leave you to choose what units you'd like to purchase.
If you have the money you buy it ....if you don't try other options ....used, demo models, financing etc, etc, ... or wait a few years till the prices drop drasticly.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-17-2009).]

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online