SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#263460 - 05/17/09 11:18 PM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And exploit them ruthlessly...

One has to be open to exploitation to be exploited.....

Would I have purchased a Tyros if I could not get it 10% less than wholesale cost.....A resounding HELL NO....I would have kept the PA2X and bought the XS sooner.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#263461 - 05/18/09 02:59 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
One has to be open to exploitation to be exploited.....

Would I have purchased a Tyros if I could not get it 10% less than wholesale cost.....A resounding HELL NO....I would have kept the PA2X and bought the XS sooner.

Unfortunately, most TOTL arranger buyers are not like you.
Most of them pretty much say “exploit me exploit me!!”
Just read the comments on the first page of this post.

When a product is priced ridiculously high and the buyers of that product are saying that they agree with the product being ridiculously high, then there is no incentive for the manufacturer to make the price lower.

#263462 - 05/18/09 04:24 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

When a product is priced ridiculously high and the buyers of that product are saying that they agree with the product being ridiculously high, then there is no incentive for the manufacturer to make the price lower.

Yes, I agree, and it seems to be the status quo for Wersi and Ketron clients, and potential customers.

They just keep uttering, "Exploit us!" "Exploit us!"

We hear their justifications echo in the hallowed halls of Synth Zone nearly every day.

#263463 - 05/18/09 04:56 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, I agree, and it seems to be the status quo for Wersi and Ketron clients, and potential customers.

They just keep uttering, "Exploit us!" "Exploit us!"

We hear their justifications echo in the hallowed halls of Synth Zone nearly every day.

Hay you forgot to say users of Yamaha, Korg and Roland. I.E PSR s900, Tyros, G70, PAx pro 1 and 2. I will forgive for your mistake.

#263464 - 05/18/09 05:26 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Hay you forgot to say users of Yamaha, Korg and Roland. I.E PSR s900, Tyros, G70, PAx pro 1 and 2. I will forgive for your mistake.

Nope, I did not "forget"...I knew you'd reply with your opinion about who else should be on the list.

I was wondering what took you so long.

#263465 - 05/18/09 06:21 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
superpowter77 Offline

Loc: cape coral, fl 33309
yamaha is deliberately taking advantage of their well positioned lineup in the workstation and arranger market, sad to admitted, seems pretty obvious others (roland and korg) are not doing that well, M3 which now packs a lot for its price(M3 XPanded for free) this is the first time ever seen such dramatic improvement for free in last years. Roland was still selling X series(early 2009) I found an X6 for $1100(brand new, they have GW-8, which is great for latin market ($749), Juno G(keeps improving every time) and now Juno Stage 76(a bit expensive but price will drop off eventually). Remind me of toyota cars in my country 10 years ago when they have luxury prices (2.5x times)what it cost here for comparable models. they used to say right in your face "you want it, you pay for it"

#263466 - 05/18/09 06:38 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Not that it in any way justifies Yamaha's prices, but Ketron seems to be doing the same thing...you want it, you buy it.

Unfortunately, they are are selling a product that isn't quite finished.

Perhaps Roland arrangers will benefit from these actions, Lord knows they need it.

Come to think of it, neither Roland and Korg have anything new on offer, the E-series is apparently still intact and supported, and PA2xPro/PA-800 are upgraded as far as they'll go, so these companies should be reducing their prices accordingly.

Certainly a different strategy for a company to raise prices during an economic downturn...maybe they know something the others do not.

#263467 - 05/18/09 06:58 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
To me that's a company "exploiting" the economic crisis. It's not just Yamaha or in music instruments. It's an old business trick. You want to increase volume in sales.., just make it well known to the public that you'e raising your prices.., so if you've been putting off buying that new lemon fresh synth or arranger.., you better get em now before the price goes up. It works too...

The real kicker is.., when the economy gets better and the currency gets stronger.., DO THOSE PRICES GO BACK DOWN?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#263470 - 05/18/09 07:49 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
You want to increase volume in sales.., just make it well known to the public that you'e raising your prices.., so if you've been putting off buying that new lemon fresh synth or arranger.., you better get em now before the price goes up. It works too...

It works until the day the price actually goes up...what happens after then?

Ian

#263471 - 05/18/09 09:16 AM Re: Yamaha's Price Jacks.., are they helping or hurting?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
To me that's a company "exploiting" the economic crisis. It's not just Yamaha or in music instruments. It's an old business trick. You want to increase volume in sales.., just make it well known to the public that you'e raising your prices.., so if you've been putting off buying that new lemon fresh synth or arranger.., you better get em now before the price goes up. It works too...

The real kicker is.., when the economy gets better and the currency gets stronger.., DO THOSE PRICES GO BACK DOWN?

Worked for me..I bought the XS8 becasue I wanted to get it before the wholesale price increase to keep as much of the resale value as possible. Working for a dealer I buy for 10% under dealer cost and agree not to sellt sell for a year ....However with both the Tyros and the Motif I plan to sell them just before the new models are released which will be past the year mark and buy the new Models for 10% under.....I will keep this up as long as I am working for a dealer. Wash Rinse repeat...Its too good a deal not to take advantage of. Korg is only 5% under wholesale for dealer employees. Still not bad. Yamaha is smart to do this because I can be an expert on their gear actually owning it and they are right because I am the only one ion the store who has sold Tyros' and Motifs. Everybody calls me over to demo the stuff.....because I own it at much lesser financial peril on the used market down the line.

Win Win.

PS Anyone who owns a US or Mexican Strat just had their used values increase 20% as well. People paid $999 for a new American months ago that are now priced at $1250 MAP.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online