SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 37 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265147 - 06/07/09 12:35 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks Dennis but i am confused. Are you taking responsibility for the failure of the MS to boot up (on the rare occasion) because you tweaked an instrument that is designed to be tweaked, i mean thats what the MS is all about isnt it ?

and you are correct. Yamaha , korg and roland would take months to fix an OS problem !

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 06-07-2009).]

#265148 - 06/07/09 12:40 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
miden Offline

Loc: The World
No no no...I have about 8 VST's running at the same time amongst other stuff, midis mp3's and the like.
Sometimes I get impatient and if a function doesn't immediately engage I keep pressing the button or just change my mind and go to another button for another task..

This action I think did the damage the other day. I was just too quick to blame someone else instead of me

Same as windows on my laptop.. I can freeze that pretty good too

The OTHER bootup problem I think I have answered well enough above. As has Fran.

#265149 - 06/07/09 12:53 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
deleted

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 06-07-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#265150 - 06/07/09 12:54 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Actually Spalding that is not a misquote those were Diki’s words and no one else’s.

If you took the time to go back and read a lot of the post where Dom was adding “features” you would see that a lot of them were relating to style creation/editing. So substituting style creation/editing for “features” was not a misquote.

So if you and Diki want to play semantics with words or show that you don’t understand the MS go right ahead. But don’t accuse me of misquoting someone when it is clear that we have a difference of opinion whether the “features” that Dom were enhancing were general or whether they were for style creation/editing.

And if you read the past post you would see that Dom was making enhancements to help with style creation/editing (after all he was posting on an arranger forum). And that has been my point all along. Where as others seem to change their story and blaim others when their inconsistencies are brought to light.

Take for example when Dom was first releasing Qranger.

I would agree that it was a change to the OS. But it was also a way to enhance style creation/editing.

So Qranger was a “feature” (per Diki) but it was also a style creation/editing enhancement tool.

But I guess Diki and others are not able to understand that.

The over all theme of the detractors post on the MS were for Dom to give the technology a rest (technology they say arranger players are incapable of using) and concentrate on Content.

I was only pointing out now they have changed their story with respect to the Audya. The over all theme with respect to the Audya is for Ketron to give us more technology (the same technology they say arranger players are incapable of using).

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 06-07-2009).]

#265151 - 06/07/09 02:46 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

The over all theme of the detractors post on the MS were for Dom to give the technology a rest (technology they say arranger players are incapable of using) and concentrate on Content.

I was only pointing out now they have changed their story with respect to the Audya. The over all theme with respect to the Audya is for Ketron to give us more technology (the same technology they say arranger players are incapable of using).

genesys well said.

Qranger is totaly new concept with more future and simple editing tool.

Miden I'm sorry if you understand me wrong.
I know that you are really good user and fast student on MS. You find many inside things really fast and that is good.

And finally:

I played with my MS this weekend. MS was on stage for totally 16 hours. MS works 100% without any interruption. Voltage is usual 230 V. But at one place was 170 V. So if somebody says that MS can not play in any place is wrong. In three years was in winter at ( -15°C / +5 °F (Fahrenheit) ) at see cost where is big humidity and temperature +45°C / 113 °F (Fahrenheit). I played with MEDIASTATION at this temperature without problems.

So what I can say to DOMENICO is thank you for really good instrument. But I thing this is not enough.

#265152 - 06/07/09 05:25 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

its not semantics Genesys. Its twisting words to mean one thing when they mean something else.

In Dikis last post he said

"Simple fix, genesys. Find ANY post where the editing tools for the MS are mentioned AT ALL. You can use the search engine as well as I can. Find it, quote it, then come back to this thread. Until then, stop putting words into anyone's mouth."

Here is the entire qoute of diki's post that you used to demonstrate this.

Read that again and tell me how you can interpret it to mean specifically that Diki is saying stop developing Style Editing features or style creation features .

"So much self-contradiction by the Mediastation users!
Is it 'unusable' or does it 'sound great'?

I believe that the Mediastation, in trying to be BOTH arranger and workstation, is still succeeding primarily in the workstation end, and has a long way to go as an arranger (at least from what I hear in the demos). As has been said many times on this forum, the vast majority of arranger users want two things..... tons of really good styles, and no need for extensive 'tweaking' OOTB.

Despite it's many stellar features, in these two categories the Mediastation still seems to fall flat. Far better to think of this keyboard as a workstation with a potentially good arranger section than to commit a lot of money on it in the hope that it will immediately be your primary arranger. From all accounts, you've got a fairly uphill road to travel before it is going to wow a T2 user with just it's arranger capabilities OOTB.....

As always, everyone says something is just around the corner that will fix everything, but they've been saying this since it came out. I don't buy an arranger for what it might potentially do, I'm interested in what I get for my money the day I take it out of the box. And I am afraid that is probably the attitude of most buyers.

Domenik, give the new 'features' a rest. Spend EVERYTHING you have on style and sound development for a year, THEN go back and start adding OS improvements. Your bottom line will thank you for this..."

Using your logic Genesys if Dom came up with a 'feature' that could make the onboard styles sound better than they are,(which was the context and objective of Diki's post) according to you Diki is telling Dom NOT TO DO THAT, which is completely opposite to what he is saying!!!

Thats what a misqoute is.Its to do with context and meaning. You have tried to imply specific meaning that is not within the context.

I cant make it more plain than that.

#265153 - 06/07/09 05:48 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#265154 - 06/07/09 06:13 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Wrong again Spalding.

Spalding said: “Using your logic Genesys if Dom came up with a 'feature' that could make the onboard styles sound better than they are,(which was the context and objective of Diki's post) according to you Diki is telling Dom NOT TO DO THAT, which is completely opposite to what he is saying!!!”

And what do you think the development of qranger is?
What do you think developing certain types of VST integration on the MS would do for styles?

Again what you are failing to understand is that when Dom was posting about his developments, they were geared to enhancing onboard styles and to enhance style creation/editing.

If you can add audio tracks to an existing style, that would go towards style editing.

Now You may not agree with Dom’s method but most of Dom’s post were for style play and style creation/editing enhancements.

I just don’t know how else to make you understand that.

#265155 - 06/07/09 09:20 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
spalding1968 Offline

so you think integrating VST into styles would make them sound better ??? Genesys,please provide just one example of a style on the MS and then the same style using VST's. Just one...... I will wait....

Whilst you are doing that let me make this point and then i will wait for your demo. Integrating VST sounds into poorly programmed styles , unbalanced styles, poorly EQ'd styles (which is the context of the critism of the MS arranger side) will simply produce poorly programmed styles, unbalanced styles poorly EQ'd styles oh yes ...with VST's........oops and i forgot audio.

The one thing that makes the difference is the programmer who programmes has to reprogramme the style. And thats the issue in terms of having editing features on either the Audya or Ms. With the Audya if you have the skill you are restricted by the tools available to edit the styles on the Audya. With the MS you have to have the skill to programme great styles because there are too few great ones onboard. I haven't heard a great one yet.

Its been over 4 years.. but maybe you can finally show what can be done on the MS.......... Thanks for debating with me Genesys :-)

#265156 - 06/07/09 10:18 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
so you think integrating VST into styles would make them sound better ??? Genesys,please provide just one example of a style on the MS and then the same style using VST's. Just one...... I will wait....

Whilst you are doing that let me make this point and then i will wait for your demo. Integrating VST sounds into poorly programmed styles , unbalanced styles, poorly EQ'd styles (which is the context of the critism of the MS arranger side) will simply produce poorly programmed styles, unbalanced styles poorly EQ'd styles oh yes ...with VST's........oops and i forgot audio.

The one thing that makes the difference is the programmer who programmes has to reprogramme the style. And thats the issue in terms of having editing features on either the Audya or Ms. With the Audya if you have the skill you are restricted by the tools available to edit the styles on the Audya. With the MS you have to have the skill to programme great styles because there are too few great ones onboard. I haven't heard a great one yet.

Its been over 4 years.. but maybe you can finally show what can be done on the MS.......... Thanks for debating with me Genesys :-)

Well obviously I can not provide that demo because I do not have a MS.

And yes you do have to have skill when working with VSTs.
If some one bought the MS because of the fact that it could use VSTs, then presumably they would have use VST before and they would have known that there is some skills required in using them.

And yes if you have a style on the MS that you want to change more to your liking, you could do that with VSTs and with detailed editing if the MS allow for detailed editing. Detail editing like adjusting velocity, shifting a note, basically event editing.

Whether you doing style creation/editing on the G70, T3, MS, PA2x or Audya, you have to have the skills; no getting around that.

Good debating with you.

Page 14 of 37 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online