SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 30 of 37 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265307 - 08/10/09 02:46 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Considering the worldwide population: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_population_pie_chart.PNG I suppose the music western people like is not what most people listen to worldwide. However the western world rules the business.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#265308 - 08/10/09 03:30 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

The fact that the MS may not have styles OOTB that some persons on this forum approve of, and thus those persons say that the MS is no arranger, clearly demonstrates that they just do not understand the concept of the MS.

And, those persons can not even articulate what is an arranger.
If you ask them their answer would be a subjective meaning of an arranger and not an objective one.

#265309 - 08/10/09 05:28 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I honestly don't care WHAT style of music is posted, Bill. I think I'm reasonably familiar with most music around the world to judge whether the MS is doing a good job at representing it. House music, using manipulated loops, sure, it's got that down. Serbian, Romanian, Baltic music (which constitutes the large percentage of what IS posted on the MS, hence my reference to it), a tougher call for me to make, but given that no major manufacturers' arrangers honestly address music in this form, once again, I can say that, quite possibly, the MS does this type of music no worse than any other, and maybe, because of some of the styles written for it, quite likely better.

But let us address the styles of music that ALL major manufacturers' products include.... Jazz, Latin, Ballroom, Rock, Dance... simply look at the categories on the front panel of whatever YOU chose to use. Are you honestly trying to tell me that THOSE are 'niche' music styles, unrepresentative of what the majority of arranger users use, daily? Because, THOSE are the styles that so far, I have failed to hear the MS better compared to the usual suspects.

These are not 'beach music' styles. They are the bread and butter of just about every arranger user the world over (otherwise, they would not constitute the majority of the ROM styles), with the exception of the Oriental models the Big 3 produce. They are the styles that have consistently failed to impress just about every MS user that has had the honesty to say anything more than empty rhetoric about the MS.

If you believe the MS is a better arranger than any out there, list what types of music it IS better than the rest at, and most importantly, provide links to people making music in those styles. Then let us judge it on it's own merits, not just YOUR opinion. I simply come to my conclusions based on what I have heard. Show me people making better music on their MS's than I can make on my G70, and I will be at the head of the line waiting to buy one (as I have since its' inception)...

#265310 - 08/11/09 11:25 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
However the western world rules the business.

About the first point you are completely right but the second, considering the
official statistics of the product makers them selfs you are wrong, especially
the arranger world...also deppends what do you think as West...

#265311 - 08/11/09 12:54 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

It's simple, Nedim. Look at the ROM styles in any arranger... THAT is what the majority of its' users want, or they would buy another arranger that DID provide what they need. In the Far East, the manufacturers provide specialized Oriental models. In the Middle East, Korg do a grand job at providing styles and sounds for that market. But look at the rest of the world...

The G70 I use has the same ROM styles in it that they sell in London, Paris, Berlin, Oslo, Stockholm, Moscow, Sydney, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City... Those styles are the 'common denominator' that players all over the world NEED in an arranger. Of course, in addition, they would like stuff for their OWN local market... My playlist needs styles that are little represented by ROM selections as much as anyone else. How many authentic New Orleans beats come with most arrangers? How much Zydeco? How much authentic US Alternative?

We all need styles in addition to the ROM, but those ROM categories have been market researched up the wazoo THOSE styles are not 'niche' no matter WHERE you come from...

#265312 - 08/13/09 04:31 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
This topic is started about the videos..

here some video update:
Finally back working on Kubuntu OS 3.3X the multiple Displays outs with DVI/HDMI + VGA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayN7nil1OPE

One small example how to add Loopmasters audio loop with Qranger editor, on original G-70 HOUSE1 midi style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX1bROy3NKQ
( pity for the youtube time limiation...)

And here then load and play the G-70 midi+audio style under the MS Qranger engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_n3L56ZQk4

Hope you will understand how simple is develope audio styles with the MS...

Enjoy what you play..

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 08-14-2009).]

#265313 - 08/13/09 09:39 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Everything is good but i dont understand the shitty quality of the Audio, cant you get a
500$ soundcard that will rock?

#265314 - 08/13/09 09:46 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Everything is good but i dont understand the shitty quality of the Audio, cant you get a
500$ soundcard that will rock?

I try to record by Pinnacle studio 12, with the USB vide dazzle, Composite IN connected to the camera and Audio IN to MS...
No one available feature for try to fix the audio Gain inputs on setups, I made 20 video test untill found some acceptable.
I have also the delta 1010, BUT you can NOT use, Pinnacle NOT allow to use it and USB dazzle video IN.
Also, the PC will record the all shitty noise of the PC system.

I will see if i can find some better audio+Video IN solution...anyway, is always better than the MIC camera.
Note: with direct camera+mic= record and Upload the MP4 file.
Witch pinnacle: need 40 minute rendering before the file is ready...Boring...

#265315 - 08/13/09 04:40 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Look, Dom... A local arranger dealer here in the US already figured out the solution to your problem. Didn't need no fancy video cards, high end audio cards, and certainly none of that techno-babble you just said...

He simply ran a Zoom pocket recorder at the same time as his camcorder, hooked up to the arranger's main outs (or a simple mixer so you can do VO), then replaced out the camcorder audio with the Zoom's audio tracks in a simple video editor.

Simple, effective (listen to Frankieve's Audya demos, which sound better than anything Lionstracs has ever released), oh, did I say simple? You know, when you design the world's most complex arranger (or should I call it something else, now? ), perhaps you tend to look for the most technical solution to a problem. When you PLAY arrangers, you tend to look for the simplest solution that WORKS...!

Perhaps something to remember about your potential customers..?

#265316 - 08/14/09 02:47 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

Page 30 of 37 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online