SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#267881 - 07/20/09 04:23 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... and that's an UNDERSTATEMENT !!!!!!
EXCELLENT !!! ...

And I don't care where you had that calamari, but if you guys want the [b]BEST
you've got to come to RI ...
right, Steve?

t.

[/B]

T, you got that right about Calamari. I remember when my grand daddy use to buy it for about 19 cents a pound and use it as fish bait, now it's a gourment food. Makes you wonder.

#267882 - 07/20/09 05:08 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Rory is fine accordionist as well.
Ciao,
Jerry

#267883 - 07/20/09 11:57 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That is fantastic playing. I really am knocked out. Wow .... words can't describe how much I enjoyed hearing Rory play that guitar. Hmmm I think I better go practice my guitar a lot more after watching that

#267884 - 07/21/09 03:48 AM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Oh my! This guy is the real deal. No hype here... nothin' but the facts. Thanks to you for bringin' it up... and thanks to mac for the link. Impressive. Chops to die for.

Dave Rice

#267885 - 07/21/09 11:35 AM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Thanks all. I've never posted that link here because it's guitar, not arranger keys. But thanks for watching and commenting. Glad you enjoyed it.

#267886 - 07/21/09 12:09 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
If you want a different type of sample of Rory's playing, there's a Utube clip of him playing Autumn Leaves in a small bar in Nashville...no band or other players. Sorry, didn't keep the url...it's easy to find, though. This one impresses me more than the tune already posted.

Beautiful!

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 07-21-2009).]

#267887 - 07/21/09 02:16 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
If you want a different type of sample of Rory's playing, there's a Utube clip of him playing Autumn Leaves in a small bar in Nashville...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdJCEkk8EDQ&feature=related

#267888 - 07/21/09 03:40 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Diki. Rory does have a Yamaha S900, I think, and I'm sure he tears that up as well. I heard him on a new Nord C2 for a few minutes and he waas stopping traffic.

Russ

#267889 - 07/21/09 09:52 PM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Wow!!! Not only is Rory so technically proficient to knock your socks off, but, just as important, he has the music in him. A true gift from God. Also, probably somewhat of a rarity among musicians of his caliber, he's completely at ease with his audience. Talks to them like he's having a conversation. And, on top of all that, he sings well too! And.....on top of that, he seems to be a genuine humble guy in a world suffering a severe shortage of humility!

I'm not sure I ever want to listen to Stevie Ray again!

Rory, if you're reading this, my thanks to you for the years of dedicated work you put into learning your craft so that we (and the rest of your listening audience) could be the beneficiaries.

Best of luck in whatever direction you take the music.

Lucky

#267890 - 07/22/09 02:07 AM Re: A Fabulous visit With Rory...
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Gracious! It's too much. There's way too much agreement and good will in this thread. I'm starting to feel I'm in the wrong forum. Come on, somebody's got to tell me I suck, just to restore some normalcy and make sure my humility stays in check. At the very least someone has to chime in and remind us that this has nothing to do with general arranger discussion.

I don't really have much keys footage, because I don't play the keys backward, or hold my keyboard like a guitar, so it's pretty boring. Lol

Thanks again everybody,Rory

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online