SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26900 - 09/23/01 02:09 PM EFX
Kyle5486 Offline

Loc: Farmington, Kentucky, USA
I am a new user of the Roland JV-1010 Sound Module. I only have it connected to a keyboard/MIDI Controller. I have a couple questions about the JV-1010
1. Is it possible to split patches on the keyboard? For example, have the top half of the keyboard play one patch and the bottom half play another patch.
2. Can you "layer" patches? Having one key play 2 patches at the same time.
3. How do you use the 40 EFX, Chorus, and Reverb? Are they already pre-applied to the patches, or can you change them?

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Kyle

#26901 - 09/24/01 04:03 PM Re: EFX
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
1. Yes; you do it in layer mode by assigning the two patches to play on different parts of the keyboard (setting the upper and lower limits of each's range). There are already some preset performances that let you do that. You can "look under the hood" (into the edit screens) of those performances to see how they're set up.

2. Yes; again, you do it in layer mode, but this time the key ranges of the two patches overlap. And again, some of the performances are already set up like that. See the back of your manual at the performance lists and look for "Layer" as the perf. type.

3. You can apply any insert EFX and any chorus and reverb to any patch. The preset patches have EFX + chorus + reverb already assigned, but you can change the type and the settings for each and then save your own edits as part of the patch in a user location.

All these procedures are explained in the manual. Sorta.

#26902 - 09/24/01 07:48 PM Re: EFX
Kyle5486 Offline

Loc: Farmington, Kentucky, USA
Could you tell me how to assign patches on the keyboard. Also, can you assign EFX without the SounDiver Software? (Only with the JV-1010 and keyboard)

#26903 - 09/25/01 07:53 AM Re: EFX
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
Somebody with a 1010 needs to help here. I don't know how the editing interface is set up.

>>>Could you tell me how to assign patches on the keyboard.

I don't understand the question. You mean how to create a layer or a split keyboard?

In general:

Check out your manual on how to create layers and splits in performance mode.

Check out the performance USER 13 RAVE SPLIT. It's split right at middle C.

Once you have that in your performance screen, you assign instruments (patches) to a certain part in the PART screen (there are other ways, but that's easiest for now). Just choose whichever patches you want.

You assign those parts to a certain keyboard range (=keys on the keyboard) in the K.RANGE edit screen. In the K.RANGE screen, you'll see a graphic representation of the keyboard that you can manipulate to assign key range to the part/patch.

>>> Also, can you assign EFX without the SounDiver Software? (Only with the JV-1010 and keyboard)

Again, somebody with a 1010 will have to answer this one. I have an XP60 and have no clue about the 1010's editing interface. Sorry.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online