SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26946 - 01/09/02 04:00 PM I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
ekoetsier Offline

Loc: Australia
My XP 10 make a dirty oscillating sound with the regular sound when a key is pressed. I've reset it a couple of times but that hasn't helped. Is it broken? Any ideas? Thanks guys

#26947 - 01/31/02 08:42 PM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
ditroia Offline

Loc: PA
How old is the battery? It sounds like it's dying. Also check the key contacts. Or you may just have an effect on by accident. Hope you get it fixed.

#26948 - 02/01/02 12:56 AM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
ekoetsier Offline

It's got a battery?
Thanks
Ed

Quote:
Originally posted by ditroia:
How old is the battery? It sounds like it's dying. Also check the key contacts. Or you may just have an effect on by accident. Hope you get it fixed.

#26949 - 02/02/02 12:14 PM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
stillme Offline

Loc: Michigan/US
Yeah...I didn't know it had a battery. Where is the battery?

#26950 - 02/02/02 01:30 PM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
dnarkosis Offline

Loc: usa
The battery is hidden deep inside the instrument so only those initiated into the mystic goodies of JV/XP technology (= authorized service shops) can change it.

The battery is what saves your otherwise volatile user memory and system settings.

Check out the section on "Error messages" in the back of your users manual.

Several times over the past few years posters on the JV80/880/90/1000 Yahoo group have queried concerning how long the battery lasts. No one really seems to know. I've had my JV1000 since 1993 and have yet to get the mysterious "Battery Low" message (knock on wood).

#26951 - 02/02/02 02:27 PM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
SpellcasterVicky Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
On my XP50 to check the status of it's internal battery I do this:- SYSTEM>INFO>scroll down passed any expansion boards you may/ may not have until you come to INTERNAL BATTERY. Check to see...It should say "ok".

#26952 - 02/02/02 02:34 PM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
SpellcasterVicky Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I've had my Xp since 1996, no probs with low battery here (luckily). It's been left on for days too sometimes oops! I've had contact strips replaced before as they wear out. When they've worn out & did't get an sound at all on mine.

If it's a multiple tone patch, have you tried muting them individually?

#26953 - 02/02/02 04:34 PM Re: I?*X&$#% !! Please Help!
ekoetsier Offline

Thanks everone for helping me out here, but...
I've pulled it apart, found the battery. I checked it with a multimeter and it's still churning out 3.02 volts (it's a 3v battery) even under load, so thats not it. I cleaned the contacts (that's HARD) but still no joy. I reset all 4 resetable things (factory default, GS, etc) but still no enchilada..
Could the presets become corrupt? I mean, all of them? I seems to me that there is a distortion envelope surrounding each sound. I used to do this on purpose on my SH101.. Could the previous owner have done a total mod of all the presets that a reset won't reset? I'm new to XP's and unemployed so I can't afford to get Roland to fix it. They say they will charge me $200 Aussie (that's $400US) just to open the case.. ba#tards..
Any ideas??
Ta all.

Quote:
Originally posted by dnarkosis:
The battery is hidden deep inside the instrument so only those initiated into the mystic goodies of JV/XP technology (= authorized service shops) can change it.

The battery is what saves your otherwise volatile user memory and system settings.

Check out the section on "Error messages" in the back of your users manual.

Several times over the past few years posters on the JV80/880/90/1000 Yahoo group have queried concerning how long the battery lasts. No one really seems to know. I've had my JV1000 since 1993 and have yet to get the mysterious "Battery Low" message (knock on wood).

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online