SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#27290 - 06/22/00 12:55 PM OT: Poor college students...
pstares Offline

Loc: UK
Just out of interest, how many others here are poor students like myself?

Quite a few people seem to have addmitted to this recently...!

Pete

#27291 - 06/22/00 03:10 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
MappyPlus Offline

Loc: Stillwater OK, USA
Don't feel bad Pete. I too fall into the category of Poor College Student. I would love to jump out there and get an XV-88 and some nice monitors, but my financial situation just won't let me (darn!). You people must think I'm crazy for wanting to spend so much on a Dance board (see other topic).

#27292 - 06/22/00 03:14 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
JLawrence Offline

Loc: Texarkana, TX USA
Hey, get your poor college student right here! Married, too. I'd love to buy the XV, but alas, I'm broke.
Josh

#27293 - 06/22/00 03:15 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
MappyPlus Offline

Wow, looks like I put my foot in my mouth once again. Pete I automatically assumed that you are a college student (explaining why I am so broke), however, that may not be the case for you. I apologize for any misconstrued facts.

#27294 - 06/22/00 03:29 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
epu Offline

Hey don't worry all. I was the poorest of college students - then I got a job. I realized that I wasn't gonna get anywhere by complaining that I was broke.

That was two years ago. I starved, bought no clothes and scrimped and saved. Now I have a Roland VS840, XP60, SP202, DR660, Octapad, Minidisc, CD Recorder, Drum Set, Monitors, and much more.

I certainly don't have the best studio, but I can cut a record in here and that's what I wanted. I took a six months or so to make real progress, but I did it, and I'm semi-happy.

If you want stuff in life, you have to win the lottery or work for it!

The Infamous EPU.

#27295 - 06/22/00 03:39 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
MappyPlus Offline

Very true EPU. I'm glad you pointed that out!! Gotta work to get the goods. I work, but can only a little bit of gear here and there. However, I am happy with what I've got for now and when I 'really' want that new stuff, you can bet I'll be the first one to work for it. About the lottery, I've heard it referred to as a "tax on the stupid" so take of that what you wish. I'm thankful to participate in music on any level, no matter what gear I have. But GAS gets to everyone eventually! =)

#27296 - 06/23/00 02:07 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
pstares Offline

Loc: UK
Mappyplus - you assumed correctly! I'm a poor college student through & through, though I'd probably be a little less poor if it wasn't for this damn music technology hobby :-)

Pete

#27297 - 06/24/00 11:27 AM Re: OT: Poor college students...
Al_a_man Offline

Loc: U.K
>>That was two years ago. I starved, bought no clothes and scrimped and saved. Now I have a Roland VS840, XP60, SP202, DR660, Octapad, Minidisc, CD Recorder, Drum Set, Monitors, and much more. <<

Quit showing off, I don't qualify for the minimum wage yet!!!
ses he saving for an SP-100 (korg piano board)...

>>I certainly don't have the best studio, but I can cut a record in here and that's what I wanted. I took a six months or so to make real progress, but I did it, and I'm semi-happy.<<

I have the WORST studio in the world. But my xo-50 kick ass, so who cares?

>>If you want stuff in life, you have to win the lottery or work for it!<<

here's hoping then...

Al
Who wants to go on recording courses, and intensive keyboard course. But knows this just wont happen.

#27298 - 06/24/00 11:30 AM Re: OT: Poor college students...
Al_a_man Offline

Loc: U.K
>>Mappyplus - you assumed correctly! I'm a poor college student through & through, though I'd probably be a little less poor if it wasn't for this damn music technology hobby :-)<<

I have the same health problem (music technology). Fortunately I discovered the second hand market, and have a brother who helps me solder up anything I can make myself (including building my computer woohooo)
Al
Who is, frankly, a smug git.

#27299 - 06/24/00 12:08 PM Re: OT: Poor college students...
epu Offline

Al_a_man, I'm not showing off. It was a lot of hard work, and I wish I did not have to do it. Everything I have in my studio is second hand. I found deal after deal and bargain after bargain.

I would have no reason to show off until I got a VS1880 and an SP808ex. I don't work anymore, so now I have to dream.

The Infamous EPU.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online