SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27466 - 05/21/00 09:24 PM Re: xp60 vs. xp80
default user Offline

Loc: benton, ar, usa
I have a couple of expansion cards on order now. I probably should canel that order and just wait out a good deal on ebay or somewhere simular. I was planning on getting (after listening to all the great mp3 demos over at www.lilchips.com - which sadly, someone found them on the network here at work and thinking themselves the network gestapo decided to trash the mp3s ;( ) the first orchestral board and the session. They both sounded great. I'd like to have a great set of sounds if for no other reason than my own pleasure but I'm really looking forward to getting to work with this little band I'm involved with, it'd be nice to be able to add something more than /just/ piano... hence the xp80 purchase.

I really appreciate this board, it's a great resource.

#27467 - 05/25/00 11:26 AM Re: xp60 vs. xp80
tdn Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by default user:
Does anybody have any "I can't stand either one of them" sort of comments to add?

There are a few buggy things, but basically, I love it. However, if I had to pick out one feature that I can't stand, it would be the user manual. I don't think that the people who wrote it have actually seen the synth. That's why I sought out this MB...

t "useless manual" dn

#27468 - 05/25/00 11:53 PM Re: xp60 vs. xp80
stigf Offline

Loc: Tromsų, Norway
The manual is a bit confusing, but all the info you need to get started is basically there. You just sometimes have to search a little for it.

Besides the XPs are easy to use. Has anyone ever tried a home keyboard with a 3-digit display that can only show numbers? THAT is difficult! Programming the reverb unit demands that you have learned the keyboard's "secret language", and that you have the manual near.

The XPs are very stable synths. I have had my XP for more than a year, and it has not crashed one single time.

One more thing: People start comparing the XPs to the XV-88. Let us not forget that the XV is not a workstation. If you need an internal sequencer (like I do), then the XV is out of the question.

Stig

#27469 - 05/26/00 01:06 AM Re: xp60 vs. xp80
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
EPU-

I had the grunge problem and Roland refused to fix it. The customer support line was rude and unfriendly. They even went so far as to say that all online users were liars.

I told the other users have this problem online, and they said " who cares, those people are full of sh#%".

#27470 - 05/27/00 09:41 PM Re: xp60 vs. xp80
Southern Comfort Offline

Arvon45..

I wonder why you are still hanging around this board..
I thought you are employed by Korg..
But I was wrong...
You are just too stupid to work for Korg..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online