SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#275565 - 11/14/09 09:58 PM Re: This Friday I am getting a Roland E 80....
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I took my E 80 and my T3 to the gig for my Saturday evening dance, I can say that I did the job at least 90% on the E80, with some counter sounds from my T3 (mainly those S.A.2 sounds) I like it.
I miss the octave buttons physicaly, they are much faster than going into a menu, I am talking real time.
I did program 9 pages of user programs=registrations (9X8), I did use in did the Make up tools for the styles, is very handy, similar to the Console mixer only with more control.
It has lots of presence.
My very good friend Tapas Das was with me when the UPS guy delivered Friday evening(very late, almost 8PM), and he also went with me to this gig, he helped me to carry the E80 since I do not have (yet) a case or bag to carry it.
Well, time to go and fine tune those registration....upsss...User Programs.

------------------
mdorantes

#275566 - 11/15/09 02:30 AM Re: This Friday I am getting a Roland E 80....
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Congratulations on a good purchase Manuel.
Further proof, if any were needed that Roland
still has a place among top of range keyboards, even though the E80 faces newer updated rivals in this range. There is very little wrong with the E80 ( the weight is still the biggest drawback & octave buttons are an essential) so there is little to put right. Let's have a lighter & less bulky board with some new sounds & space for 4 sound cards rather than 2. I can't wait to purchase if the E80 Mark2 comes to market.
Tony

#275567 - 11/15/09 03:51 AM Re: This Friday I am getting a Roland E 80....
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
A new Roland will probably use the same sound engine as in the new Atelier range, (The G and E series use the same sound engine as the old Atelier range) and so sound wise will really be something special, (I can’t see many holding onto there old boards when they here the leap in sound quality of the new ones) and easily stamp its mark on the rest of the market. (The future looks rosy for Roland aficionados) IMO

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 11-15-2009).]

#275568 - 11/15/09 04:13 AM Re: This Friday I am getting a Roland E 80....
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
... (The future looks rosy for Roland aficionados)

If Roland came up with a clever followup to i.e. G-70 now, I think they would have a good chanche
to success.
Yamaha gave the world the Tyros3 with just minor updates from T2, Korg don't do any move, and as
we can see, so far Ketron don't really do any big success with Audya.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#275569 - 11/15/09 08:54 AM Re: This Friday I am getting a Roland E 80....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
I took my E 80 and my T3 to the gig for my Saturday evening dance, I can say that I did the job at least 90% on the E80, with some counter sounds from my T3 (mainly those S.A.2 sounds) I like it.
I miss the octave buttons physicaly, they are much faster than going into a menu, I am talking real time.
I did program 9 pages of user programs=registrations (9X8), I did use in did the Make up tools for the styles, is very handy, similar to the Console mixer only with more control.
It has lots of presence.
My very good friend Tapas Das was with me when the UPS guy delivered Friday evening(very late, almost 8PM), and he also went with me to this gig, he helped me to carry the E80 since I do not have (yet) a case or bag to carry it.
Well, time to go and fine tune those registration....upsss...User Programs.

Manual, you don't have to go into the menu to change ocataves. There's touch arrows near the bottom of the screen.
Also, to answer a couple of questions in your email:
First, you can set Hold parameters for the User Programs so that the Transpose doesn't change. Press and hold the HOLD button and the screen appears.
Also, you can assign the volume pedal to do what you want. Press Menu and Controllers for that screen. You can save your choices to User Program.
As top the chord issues, the fingering mode is saved in not only the User Program, but also in EACH of the OTS memories. You can easily change it though.
Best way to globally change things is with Session Manager.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online