SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 42 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276223 - 11/23/09 11:08 AM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
skude,
Please don't be discouraged by the naysayers. My Audya sounds fantastic. My friend HankB came over this morning and even though he has an SD5, he was blown away by the sound.
He has been ill and only now able to get out much, so he hadn't heard it live before.
So far, I have tried to go through every style and find which songs they fit, find the lead sounds I want to use, then save to Registration (takes about 2 seconds to save).
I edited one sound so far, and customized both the mic/vocalizer settings and the overall e.q. I have also remixed a few styles, changing some of the distorted guitars, and adjusting some style part volumes.
Other than save my Custom Start-up preferences, I haven't done anything else except PLAY. It's as close to playing with a live band as you can get, without hiring some side men.
DonM

#276224 - 11/23/09 11:29 AM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
skude,
Please don't be discouraged by the naysayers. My Audya sounds fantastic.

Most of what is said in this thread is about the state of the keyboard, not how well it sounds.

I don't think anyone has a bad thing to say about how well it sounds, or how good the styles are. Ketron have that well and truly mastered. Always did.

Regards
James

#276225 - 11/23/09 11:49 AM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Most of what is said in this thread is about the state of the keyboard, not how well it sounds.

I don't think anyone has a bad thing to say about how well it sounds, or how good the styles are. Ketron have that well and truly mastered. Always did.

Regards
James

With the exception of style creator, Don has repeatly stated that his Audya is fine, no crashes, uses it on gigs, etc. I know Tony hughes has problems, but now I wonder if it more user error than keyboard.

#276226 - 11/23/09 12:00 PM Re: Where is OS4
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Tony hughes has problems, but now I wonder if it more user error than keyboard.

MC how old are you are you still at school!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-23-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#276227 - 11/23/09 12:27 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
With the exception of style creator, Don has repeatly stated that his Audya is fine, no crashes, uses it on gigs, etc. I know Tony hughes has problems, but now I wonder if it more user error than keyboard.

With the exception of what style creator ? There is none on the keybaord ?

Is Don not on his second Audya at this point also ?

James

#276228 - 11/23/09 12:33 PM Re: Where is OS4
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's my third Audya. The first two arrived with gaping holes torn in the boxes. It looked as if both had been picked up by huge tongs. The first worked fine but had damaged key bed. The second had a sound output problem. I attributed that to the rough shipping also, but not certain.
This one has been fine since I got it about three months ago.
DonM

#276229 - 11/23/09 12:35 PM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
NO YOU ARE NOT!!! It happen for me to know Ketron arrangers same as i know Korg's and no,
not just Audya but NO Ketron arranger can do that without headache. In Ketron's world to swap
style elements THEY MUST BE the same lengths of Measures and same Time Signature.
Otherwise IT WONT WORK! There is not even a workaround, it will simply not work.

Time signature and measures mathcing only seems to make sense to me. It seems to be musically correct ? Why put a 3/4 into a 4/4 variation ? Or vice versa.... It doesn't make sense.

I have and been able to mix and match styles rather easily with the SD1 and X1. Why Ketron would not carry over this feature ?

I also made a statement earlier in this thread about the sound. "how anyone can say that audio doesn't sound better than a midi generated loop is beyond me".

I saw Chaz say "depends on who's playing the audi part" , but does anyone think Ketron would use a non-professional player ?

Sonically, audio has got to be better than any midi based loop. Hands down.

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 11-23-2009).]

#276230 - 11/23/09 01:10 PM Re: Where is OS4
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
MC how old are you are you still at school!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-23-2009).]

Old enough be out of school for a long while, but your the one that whines like a little school child.

I'm done with the thread and any other audya thread about its problems. I've been a very happy ketron player for many years and a very pleased yamaha owner with the s900. Good luck your ketron, because I've been very lucky in the past 14 years using one.

We offered ideas in past threads but your constant complaining does not help your situation either. If you hate the audya that much either sell it or take it back to your dealer, which should have a refund policy. Most dealers have a 30 day return policy, more than enough time to decide if $5000 bucks is better for you in their registers or in your pocket. you should be directing your anger to your dealer and trying to get a refund than bickering on this forum.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-23-2009).]

#276231 - 11/23/09 01:18 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

I also made a statement earlier in this thread about the sound. "how anyone can say that audio doesn't sound better than a midi generated loop is beyond me".

I saw Chaz say "depends on who's playing the audi part" , but does anyone think Ketron would use a non-professional player ?

Sonically, audio has got to be better than any midi based loop. Hands down.

I don't think Ketron will have any problems finding excellent musicians but I do think this approach to styles will be short lived with ketron for a number of other reasons.

1: All Audio based pattern are recorded at a set speed and pitch. The second you change either one of those the samples are stretched and that always has awful effects on the sound.

2: Coverage. There are many different possible chords the end user will play and to provide full converge so the end user doesn't hear drop outs will be quite a challenge. I doubt Ketron have this covered, but I could be wrong.

3: What you get is all you get. You cannot modify the data. You can't change the sounds around and using it in a different performance for example either.

4: All along it took 1 single style programmer to design a single styles. Now you have the cost of an entire band and a recording studio thrown on top.

5: And this one is only my opinion. I don't feel Ketron need any of this in the first place. Maybe they felt they needed to because the competition has technology that can emulate all this with midi ( KORG's RX Technology for example) but I think the limitations of it, cost and effort required make all this work a pointless venture when existing Ketron users never really complained about the old way of doing things with Midi.

I feel their time would have been better spent improving the already great selection of sounds they had, which in turn would improve the styles by default.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 11-23-2009).]

#276232 - 11/23/09 02:12 PM Re: Where is OS4
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Sonically, midi based loops, do not sound as good as audio. Again, this is my opinion. To begin with drum loops were easy to do with the SD1 because drums do not respond to chord changes.

However they took it a step further with Audya. I personally remember the day that Sandro, Aj and myself were having breakfast at the 2002 Winter Namm show, talking about audio loops.

I sometimes feel like that was the day the whole idea of Audya was born. lol ..

Either way.. Ketron has to love all the talk of Audya. Free advertising !

------------------
http://www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Page 14 of 42 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online