SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27924 - 05/05/00 04:22 AM Re: XV 88 : Disapointing...
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
After speaking to our Korg rep today, he said that the rack mount version of the Triton is definetly on the cards- but not for a while yet! He was surprised that I heard about this from here!!!! He could not (or did not!!) want to go into any details because he said that it was so early to know anything.

#27925 - 05/06/00 10:33 AM Re: XV 88 : Disapointing...
WindsongMan Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
Korgasm- that's very good info. I would think
Korg is not in a big hurry to do a sound module. In fact, I think it would be kind of weak to put out a basic 64 note Triton Rack without any expansion or other very cool Triton keyboard features.
Overall I like sound modules vs having 3 or more keyboards, trading up every year etc etc. Then again I am not super rich.
I have finally figured out my gear configuration:
A50 Controller ( 4 midi outs, great keyboard feel, 76 keys). Already own this.
eMu XL 1 module( i love this piece and it has expansion). Already own this.
Selling my Tr-Rack.
Buying a 61 Key Triton. I love this piece.
Buying a 3080. I had a Jv 880 which I gave to a friend. For awhile I thought the 2080 was the move. But for $350 more ( used 2080 vs new 3080) I might as well get up to date on the Roland platform. And I am hearing the 64 meg expansion is killer. I like the idea of dedicating 64 meg for a great grand piano. Lots of folks are not satisfied with acoustic piano sounds in modules or synths. The basic problem is that piano samples take up massive memory. Essentially when a module has 500 + presets and 32 meg ROM or less you end up with a compromise in some instruments.
Korg brother, you think this is a good setup ? Composing and making noise is a hobby for me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online