SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >
Topic Options
#285247 - 04/10/10 07:27 AM Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

I have been closely reading these posts buy owners especially that actually have an Audya trying to dissect what they are saying. Now after such a long time Ketron releases OS4.0.....so now after you installed it are the improvements to your liking and do they make much of a difference to bring the Audya up to the standards everyone was expecting & would lead someone to spend the money to purchase one now.

#285248 - 04/10/10 07:45 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
A bit early don't ya think? Ask this in a week... or month... or ???... when Ketron actually gets OS4 to those of us who own an Audya. For the amount I paid for this thing, they should fly someone over here and hand deliver it. I love the Audya but this is beyond ridiculous. DonM and I both have one and toot their horn a lot, deservedly so, but sheesh... what is so hard about this?

#285249 - 04/10/10 07:55 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

Bill...I understand it's a early ...BUT.....I figured I'd start this thread so that as people update we can all have a discussion and hear about what owners think & experience as they continue on after they install OS 4.0. This OS4.0 could be the make or break of Audya, I hope not.

#285250 - 04/10/10 08:26 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
For the amount I paid for this thing, they should fly someone over here and hand deliver it. I love the Audya but this is beyond ridiculous. DonM and I both have one and toot their horn a lot, deservedly so, but sheesh... what is so hard about this?

Anyone who has this logic has made a huge mistake in their purchase. Never, and I mean never, buy a product based upon what a manufacturer tells you it will be. If the product doesn't do what you need it to at the time you originally purchased it take into consideration it may never do what you need it to even after numerous software revisions. Caveat emptor!

I don't find the Audya to be that much more expensive than the competition either. Perhaps here in the USA you can get a Korg or Yamaha cheaper than an Audya but in other parts of the world the difference in price isn't that far apart. You also have to take into consideration what this instrument has that the competition doesn't to decide whether the price difference is justified for you.

I paid more for my Fairlight CMI Series III back in the 1980's than I did for my house but you'll not hear me complain about it. There simply was no other product like it and the instrument paid for itself many times over in the work I yielded from it. I guess its all relative to what you do with the product and what it and you are capable of. Just because the instrument has the capability doesn't mean the end user does.

#285251 - 04/10/10 09:12 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
leezone Offline

Dnj

I just think we have to wait for the rest of OS4...
The actual new sounds, the new audio loops, new drums, new guitars, new styles...
Before we can fairly test/review new Audya

we have our appetizer
now we just have to wait for the main course. ;-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-10-2010).]

#285252 - 04/10/10 09:47 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

Lee...I understand but why in pieces....after all this time shouldn't it be a complete OS upgrade I would think. At one tme I was really serious about buying an Audya right after the Shreveport jam last year when I saw it demoed by AJ.....but now a year and a half l8tr & so much controversy & confusion I'm not so sure anymore. I'm glad I waited ...as I am not a very patient person.

#285253 - 04/10/10 10:02 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
leezone Offline

I'm just glad that at least we have the OS out
that's promising in itself
I can't imagine the rest taking too much longer

AJ ??

#285254 - 04/10/10 10:36 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Dnj Offline

Perhaps Ketron releases units not ready to gain more money from a few sales to create the upgrades l8tr on?..I hope not.

#285255 - 04/10/10 10:48 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
My 2 cents, I get an uncomfortable feeling reading the new manual they uploaded on the new features. It's like they are trying to hide something, but just tick a box to say Yeah, it's has that now.

For example, the sampler.
Ok so you can record and loop a sound. But what about everything else ? The manual tells you nothing at all. Does it support any known third party formats, can you cross fade, time stretch, truncate, reverse, re-sample... and so on.

The same goes for all the other new functions. Style eidit, is there an event edit mode, step record ?

Why no freaking Sequencer ? This is not acceptable for a keyboard of this price.

And where is the rest of the OS ?. Where are the new sounds ?. If it were finished and ready it would be online. Straight out I'm saying I don't trust Ketron. Bandwidth worries is like a lie to me when there are so many other ways large files can be shared.

Again...my 2 cents.... wait until OS 4.0 is really out, all of it, and people give real feedback on what it actually has.

James.

#285256 - 04/10/10 10:59 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont understand the descriptions either, a lot of them are deceitfull, now and before.
Millions of time me and people asked about Style Creator and AJ kept going with:
Now you can mix and edit your styles and save them as user...you can edit the FX
the Audio parts and Midi parts...hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
thats not a Creator helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................
And the question was Avoided or answered deceitfully...i dont know man...funny,
i gave up on Audya Loooooongggggg ago.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 04-10-2010).]

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online