SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#285317 - 04/21/10 03:05 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
I remember an old expression I heard once. "There is no point in fighting with an Ass."

........."whether you try to pull it or push it, it will only ever try to bite you, or sh#t on you"

D

#285318 - 04/21/10 03:19 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
As good as those DNC & mega voices sound including drums, they don’t sound like real audio.

I know I'm kind of dense, but can you define "real audio" for me? As far as I'm concerned, if I can hear it, it's audio.

chas

#285319 - 04/21/10 03:36 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Please list your music education and bands you have toured with that compare to Jordan Ruddess career.

Didn't you post something about needing piano lessons ?[/B]

Thats a senseless comment, this has nothing to do with a good Musician,
hard to believe? It simple logics of:
Someones Garbage is somone Elses Treasure...thats the JR comparison...dont be too literal.

You knowing how to read music or play better then me doesnt also make you better in the
judgmeent of the instrument cuz after all that might be ALL you know and nothing else...
Of course thats not said directly to you, it is more to make a point...and what bands i worked
for is irelevant...maybe i worked for bands that are bigger then Dream Theater itself but for
some people...if not for you...or vice versa...(cuz in reality you are trying to say that your
music or culture is better then mine...you are wrong.) Why do i say this? Ask yourself.
A good keyboard player from my culture and music is not any less VALIT then JR himself...
it is to those people within that culture or music a lot more then maybe JR to you...thats the
logic of my comparison to JR. Not all of us are complete, if i am better programmer then you
or know the intruments technically better then you doesnt make me also a beter keyboardist
then you, you might bebetter on the other side...its 2 different worlds working together for the same goal.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 04-21-2010).]

#285320 - 04/21/10 03:36 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I know I'm kind of dense, but can you define "real audio" for me? As far as I'm concerned, if I can hear it, it's audio.

chas

Midi based voices vs wave based voices, there now you know!

#285321 - 04/21/10 03:45 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Quote:

chas

(-:

#285322 - 04/21/10 07:25 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:

chas

What I think he is saying is that audio based loops within style playback will be more authentic then computer generated midi tracks. However, not everyone can hear a difference. I would assume that Audya owner can.

#285323 - 04/21/10 08:12 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

If thats the case then what would you call styles that are actually MIDI generated but
the style was created by a real drummer playing drums to trigger midi notes.
Isn't that the exat same thing as the Audio Loops or in my opinion even better?

#285324 - 04/21/10 10:07 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
leezone Offline

no Nedim it's not the exact same thing

one is MIDI playing "artificial" sounds in keyboard even if triggered by drummer

the other is REAL, like a real Drum Kit, real kick, real hi-hats, real snare,real toms all mic'd up and recorded,
and then REAL audio imported into AUDYA

that's why AUDYA sounds REAL/LIVE and the others (not to bash but to tell it like it is) sound "flake" i mean "fake", i mean "less real"...
just MY honest opinion after having ACTUALLY compared them side by side

BIG difference between midi and audio in BOTH drums and guitar...
and if you can't hear it,
well i guess any arranger is as good as the next

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-21-2010).]

#285325 - 04/21/10 10:25 PM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Nedim Offline

Ok then...you are right...now define to me what is a Snare on a Synth and a real Snare...
or any Sound at all. The Simple Analogy is, they are both the Exact SAME Thing.
One is, you hit it with the Stick while the other you hit a Pad or a Key while at the same
time they both trigger the same exact Sound becuse the Synth Snare was recorded from
the real one...and lets not get into mathematics of converstion, recording, loosing quality
and anything else, we all know that bull. There is another catch to it looking from an
engineer perspective (which you know what i am talking about, you are one of them)
that when recording a whole Loop you need a player with the whole DK in front and Miking
it wont be as Correct and Clean as having ONLY the ne DRUM in front of you when Sampling.
At the end you end up with a Cleaner Sample of an SD then the original SD that was being
recorded while recording that loop...i know you understand me.

#285326 - 04/22/10 01:02 AM Re: Is OS4.0 a good reason to buy an Audya now?
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
"BIG difference between midi and audio in BOTH drums and guitar...
and if you can't hear it,
well i guess any arranger is as good as the next "

tonewheel did a post recently palying the audya guitar playing complex chords. some of the audio notes were replaced by midi ones. I could not hear the difference. could you ?

The great difference between midi and Audio is simply an exaggeration.

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online