SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 21 of 27 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285779 - 04/28/10 09:22 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:

They say it's nigh on impossible to equal or surpass Tyros2's handful of mega-voices in the Mediastation's accompaniment, even with 1000's of giga voices.
[/B]

Seem you have no clue at all what a megavoice is, and what we are trying to explain...

Just put any one style of Yamaha up without megavoices... which is the majorrity of their styles... And then setup James best Gigasamples and VST's and compare them.

Yamaha will loose big time.

And if you want to compare styles with megavoices... just send your T2 to someone with the right software and a few hours of time at their hands to convert all those 23 megavoices intoo gigasamples.

With that archeived the MEgavoices will be equall to the megavoices on your T3, but because all other sounds will make your T3 pale in their shadow, the style Mediastation should sound way better.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285780 - 04/28/10 09:27 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
'Here you are right..
In fact 7 years ago I was working with...let me think...windows3.1 or windows 98??
Ouch..now finally after 7 years with windows Vista we have fixed all and all is working..
Ah..no...sorry..now give Windows 7..
why on windows 7 still 90% of the Vst are not working fine?
Microsoft is comtinue fix his ....OS, like we are here to continue fix and add new features ..'

Ahhhh.... i see now where you are going wrong Dom ! You have been basing your business models on computer systems designed for home and business use.

Here's a tip for you...You probably havent realised this yet and i know this will knock your socks off when you here it. I still marvel at how simple this revelation is.

You are in a completely different market !!!

I know, i know, i know its so astoundingly simple it beats me how we (i mean you ) didnt realise this 7 years ago . its shocking and i was just as surprised as you are now when i realised this 7 years ago :-)

But all is not lost my friend !!!

You might want to spend the next 7 years modeling your business on producing musical instruments that musicians can use the way you said they can...

Oh wait...scratch that ...why mess with a successful formula that you have developed over such a long period of time...Just keep on doing what your doing. I mean you cant argue with 7 years of taking the keyboard market by storm the way you have can you....

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Good luck my friend :-)

#285781 - 04/28/10 09:34 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Thanks Spalding..
how I sold 5 years ago..I still now continue sell and much more better finally.
Someone there already know what for nice Groove orders i get..
For someone also is available a new pre OS4.2 update for the new features and bug fixed.
Guys..do you get my email?

cheers
update:
the Pre OS 4.2 is also available on GFTP account for testing.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 04-28-2010).]

#285782 - 04/28/10 09:45 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Just put any one style of Yamaha up without megavoices... which is the majorrity of their styles... And then setup James best Gigasamples and VST's and compare them.

And if you want to compare styles with megavoices... just send your T2 to someone with the right software and a few hours of time at their hands to convert all those 23 megavoices intoo gigasamples.

Well, the premise was that the Mediastation, with it's vast library of giga sounds, would have no trouble besting a standard Tyros2 mega-voiced style.

This was to be easily achieved, so spending "a few hours" making the Mediastation's gig-samples ready to use seems a long way from simplicity, and probably only achievable, if at all, in the hands of an expert.

Mega voices in a Tyros2 style, cover more than guitar and bass...there are also mega-voiced saxophones, strings, brass, trumpet, to name a few more, which makes the Mediastation's task a lot harder, as if it wasn't that already.

One of Yamaha's strengths is it's mega-voiced styles, so using older Yamaha styles without them, is weaseling out of the original comparison...the Tyros2's styles all have mega-voices, and the initial comparison was with the Tyros2.

Ian

#285783 - 04/28/10 09:49 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Seem you have no clue at all what a megavoice is, and what we are trying to explain...

With that archeived the MEgavoices will be equall to the megavoices on your T3, but because all other sounds will make your T3 pale in their shadow, the style Mediastation should sound way better.

i agree with you,

you can set the velocity on extreme sampler editor to 32 layers and sample the sound, so you will not miss anything.

Another technique is to use your midi events editing. there you can see how each note sounds when you change sound velocity from 0 to 127 in different notes, this way you can very easily find the layers for each note.

make such notation and set the velocity zones as your notation on extreme sampler editor. it takes time but certainly to do

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-28-2010).]

#285784 - 04/28/10 09:55 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Ian, sounds (tones) are SSSOOOOO personal..What I like another will not..what you like, some one else will not....What we are use to..is also what we "think" sounds better..

Fran, pardon me, but what the heck does this have to do with the Mediastation using a Tyros2 style, and making it sound better than on the original instrument?

The way the Mediastation is described by it's supporters, pretty well any of the vast gig samples are far better than Yamaha's mega-voices...yet, they can't be used in a style like a mega-voice can be used, without extensive and expert manipulation/editing/programming...and even then, we still haven't heard one style from the product that proves they can.

Face it, the Tyros2's (let alone the T3)accompaniment is light years ahead of what we've heard from the Mediastation...if there is such a style conversion of one of the Tyros2's styles that is better...please post it...you have a Mediastation, don't you?

Ian

#285785 - 04/28/10 10:00 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
i agree with you,

you can set the velocity on extreme sampler editor to 32 layers and sample the sound, so you will not miss anything.

Another technique is to use your midi events editing. there you can see how each note sounds when you change sound velocity from 0 to 127 in different notes, this way you can very easily find the layers for each note.

make such notation and set the velocity zones as your notation on extreme sampler editor. it takes time but certainly to do

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-28-2010).]

Just make a midi file that probes a note with vellocity from 1 to 127 and you can exactly here where the sound are changed.

then sample only the middle vellocity of every sound for every note and stretch it over the correct range.

If you use 32 vellocity seps for sampling your new sound would get really really huge.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285786 - 04/28/10 10:03 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi ianmcnll.

Rather that wasting your time on nothing but assumptions why don't you just save your breath or offer something constructive while you wait until the demo's are presented.

Every other point that has been made has been clearly proven and is undeniable. You have heard it running sequences, full demo's and solo sounds. Everything works and everything sounds wonderful.

No closed keyboard can compare to the sounds I've used and I dare you to say otherwise.

Your assumption that the arranger won't perform just as well when connected to premium content is just a waste of time. Can't you just wait and and see.

Why not start a conversation on how your own music could benefit from having sounds like those Giga files you heard me using and looking at what else is on the market to buy.

The way your talking it's as if there is some price to win here and your looking to just bitch slap our competitor.

This is an exchange of information. Don't be so negative about it. However this turns out in the end it shouldn't be seen as one side winning.

Regards
James

#285787 - 04/28/10 10:07 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
Thanks Spalding..
how I sold 5 years ago..I still now continue sell and much more better finally.
Someone there already know what for nice Groove orders i get..
For someone also is available a new pre OS4.2 update for the new features and bug fixed.
Guys..do you get my email?

cheers
update:
the Pre OS 4.2 is also available on GFTP account for testing.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 04-28-2010).]

Excellent.....!!!!!
Going to the studio to install it right now.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-28-2010).]

#285788 - 04/28/10 10:13 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

Just make a midi file that probes a note with vellocity from 1 to 127 and you can exactly here where the sound are changed.

then sample only the middle vellocity of every sound for every note and stretch it over the correct range.

If you use 32 vellocity seps for sampling your new sound would get really really huge.

32 areas the sound wil be huge, but MS can play huge files. but 32 areas you need few notes and stretch the notes. but second way is better.

MIDI event editor you can find out which notes have the same vilocity zones, you can then stretch this notes.

Page 21 of 27 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online