SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#286866 - 05/02/10 09:31 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
but G70 has all the features that makes it the best..

What?....please elaborate further!

#286867 - 05/02/10 09:37 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
best SMF playback and editing..even in real time..

best style make up tools for both styles and songs (SMF).

Best draw bar organs (with real draw bars)

Best all around harmonizer that is smart enough to read the source automatically

Best choir and scat sounds..

Best key feel..

best sequencer..

best added weight on the rear axle for driving in the snow...

#286868 - 05/02/10 10:24 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Fran: I never had the pleasure to sit down at a G70. I have spent a little time on the Fantom G, however probably not enough time to really experience Roland's latest technology.

The last Roland I owned was the G-1000. I was very disappointed with the styles and sounds of that board. I sold it on e-bay 2 months after I bought it.

I guess thats why I didn't keep up with Roland's offerings.

I'm enjoying reading about everyones musical tastes and views on the forum.

I hope I haven't offended anyone here. That is certainly not my intention.

I just hope you guy's enjoy my posts here once in a while.

I like to share my 2 cents worth.

Unfortunately 2 cents doesn't get you much anymore.

Jim

#286869 - 05/02/10 10:45 PM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Has anyone here played or checked out the Kurzweil PC361? I spent a little time on that board at my local music store and really thought it sounded great.

I think it would make a great additional solo keyboard.

Any comments?

Thanks.

Jim

#286870 - 05/03/10 03:30 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Thats why you get a Media Station and no problems...in between PA2X and Audya...lol.

#286871 - 05/03/10 06:33 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Thats why you get a Media Station and no problems...in between PA2X and Audya...lol.

nedim......wish it was that easy...

#286872 - 05/03/10 07:26 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Jim
I bought a new leftover K2661 6 mos ago and also love the sounds. It is an exremely deep machine and haven't mastered the OS, but use the presets. Quality all the way.

Bernie

#286873 - 05/03/10 08:13 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Since I'm not in the market for any Kbd at these weights and prices, I have no prejudices or ego listening to the samples.

I am, however, so much more influenced by what the music says than any sonic qualities, that what sounds "better" to me is in the music. Although I can hear the thinness of the Korg piano tone v. the Audya, and the more "live" quality of the Audya drums, that doesn't mean enough to me in comparing the samples:

EVERY one of which (including the salsa- which was disparaged earlier) sounds, to me,
MILES better on the KORG samples. Whether that's due to the machine or due to the virtuosity of the samples programmer I know not, but the Audya samples all sound to me like a decent commercial Holiday Inn band, and the Korg samples to me sound like really
superb professional work, w/MUCH better arrangements.

It's like saying..which sounds better..the Charlie Parker tapes where Dean used a deck in the bathroom and one mic in the room--
and Bird played a borrowed leaky old horn,
or Kenny G playing a new Selmer in a great studio? Or Enrico Caruso on an old 78 rpm or
your local tenor in your community opera company recorded in a beautiful concert hall? It's an extreme example, certainly the Korg isn't a world away sonically from the Audya, it's about "fuller" piano or "more
live-sounding drums". Ok, but then what?

I'll take Bird and Caruso anytime, hands down-
Would they sound even better with modern recording technology? no doubt. But no amount of technology is going to make Kenny G sound like a great jazz musician or your local opera star sing like a Caruso.

Maybe I'd like the Audya better if i was just going to use the sounds, and maybe add
some drums. Maybe not. But if i was going to use the full arrangements, I'd want to hear something like these Korg samples behind me, not the Audya ones.

------------------
Miami Mo

#286874 - 05/03/10 08:16 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
Tonewheeldude Offline

i only listened to about 20 seconds of the first demo because you can't judge either instrument on someones you tube clips.

#286875 - 05/03/10 08:23 AM Re: PA2X vs Audya comparisons
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:

Since I'm not in the market for any Kbd at these weights and prices, I have no prejudices or ego listening to the samples.

But if i was going to use the full arrangements, I'd want to hear something like these Korg samples behind me, not the Audya ones.

Well said, Mo, and I am in complete agreement.

I have no ego involved in this comparison, and certainly no favorites, in regards to these two ( in fact, I can't get to see/hear/try either) , but I'd rather have the Korg behind me as well.

Ian

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online