SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#287394 - 05/11/10 04:10 PM Re: warranty and repair
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm really fortunate. I can do some of the jobs myself, which is a skill I developed very early in life. I've always been poor so I had to be able to fix things because I couldn't afford the repair guy.

If the job is difficult, I go to an authorized repair guy in Westminster, Maryland who can fix anything electronic. And, there have been times when he told me to go down the street and have a burger for lunch and he would have the keyboard ready when I returned. He never disappointed me. To top it off, his rates are half what most other repair centers are.

The only time I needed his services for a Yamaha keyboard was when my backup PSR-3000's midi out board had a chip fail. Instead of replacing the entire board, which some folks tend to do, he merely tested the board, figured out where the offending part was, and quickly replaced it.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#287395 - 05/11/10 06:38 PM Re: warranty and repair
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
By far the two best companies are Bose and Logitech.
Bose has twice sent me a new L1 overnight and paid shipping both ways. Once I called them about noon, explained the problem and I had a new unit on my doorstep the next morning! They also sent me a box of fuses for the first L1, at no charge.
Logitech will ask you a couple of questions on the phone and if it's apparent that there is a problem they can't troubleshoot, they just send you a new unit and tell you to keep the old one!
As to keyboards, I've had good experience with Yamaha, no experience with Korg. Bad experience with Roland, but that was years ago.
The new Ketron distributor has been excellent in replacing faulty parts and keyboards. Of course they were new units and seem to have been damaged in shipment.
It has taken a long time when the part must come from Italy though. Those people are on their own schedule.
DonM

#287396 - 05/12/10 08:31 AM Re: warranty and repair
AFG Music Offline

thank you all. I hope more people share their experiences.

but has anyone received a product in a poor condition after repair?

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 05-12-2010).]

#287397 - 05/12/10 09:16 AM Re: warranty and repair
Bachus Offline

Worst ever was :

Eminent Solina.

When i whore a young boys shoes my father bought this F-225, a great sounding organ, after 2 days it started bugging and neither the local organ dealer nor Eminent could ever repair it..

AFter a few years of problems after problems my father just quit playing because he just could not live with the bad piece of sh.. he bought.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online