SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#292484 - 09/08/10 07:25 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lee,

I've never owned a keyboard that didn't do what you described. It's just something you work around.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#292485 - 09/08/10 09:05 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Lee, this is standard behavior. Yes, the voice itself should sustain, but the effects, volume (if programmed to change when you select a new voice) and panning, reverb, etc. will change. Add to that that, if an insert effect on the voice changes during patch change, you'll often get a glitch in the sound output.

You CAN hear this on a G70, if you select the MFX link to Tone in the Options (selects the MFX for each sound as you select them) on quite a lot of patch changes. You'll also hear some quite clear jumps in volume and effects, etc., on sustaining notes if a new patch is selected by the OTS or by changing UPG's.

I am surprised you never noticed this before. Are you sure you aren't subjecting the Audya to higher standards of scrutiny than you have before..?

Don't panic! Don't take a leaf out of Tony's book by screaming 'BUG!' before you have fully investigated the problem...

#292486 - 09/08/10 09:07 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
leezone Offline

thanks Diki,

i was worried about you
did you get lost in Spencers ?

#292487 - 09/09/10 08:21 AM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA
Well, the Fantom G6 does not have that issue!

#292488 - 09/09/10 08:44 AM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hitman:
Well, the Fantom G6 does not have that issue!

hhmmm...interesting then

why then do the arrangers?

i think Ketron should look into it,
then, AUDYA would have another "something" the others don't

#292489 - 09/09/10 10:22 AM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Don't panic! Don't take a leaf out of Tony's book by screaming 'BUG!' before you have fully investigated the problem...

Did I do that Diki, I just thought if I did I must have had a reason, the KBssss are OK now, so it must have been wrong when I was bitching, does that figure Diki. Back to your old self then- hey! Nothing like kicking a man when he's down!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#292490 - 09/09/10 02:05 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, but the FantomG has that problem just as much as any other keyboard. You have to set up the Tones you want to change in advance so that they don't exceed the number of insert effects, and you don't get the buffer reset glitch that affects most older keyboards. You can do exactly the same thing on your arranger, by programming the voices and registrations to NOT switch between different types of insert and buss FX as you change between them. No voodoo, just plain common sense...

It helps, when creating a collection of registrations or Tones that you are going to play altogether, to pick ONE common reverb type, one common chorus type, and if you use insert FX, to try and either avoid those altogether, or pick just one for them all to share. That will make any changes you make totally glitch-free and seamless. The FantomG simply has so MANY insert FX that it is possible to do this in a more complex fashion, but it isn't by any means limitless...

#292491 - 09/09/10 02:50 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
nielshs Offline

Diki, the Fantom G does not have the problem.

[This message has been edited by nielshs (edited 09-09-2010).]

#292492 - 09/09/10 03:10 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
When you change a pre-set (Which can have many parameters) and hold a key down, only the voice will stay the same, all the external FX parameters etc will change, therefore as Diki said, leave all external FX the same between pre-sets of a song, and edit the voice instead. (Most boards allow you to store a number of edited voice parameters in a pre-set, without having to create a new user voice for every variation)

Bill

#292493 - 09/09/10 03:37 PM Re: AUDYA - 1st HUGE bug i found...please confirm
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Lee,
On Casio keybaords, including the inexpensive WK200 and WK500 you can do what you would like the Ketron to do. Play a sound, hold the notes down, switch to another sound and until you release your fingers you don't hear the new sound or any of the effects change until you release. I also tried this on a Roland Juno Di and as soon as you select a new sound, even while holding down the keys, the sound changes immediately.
I then tried it on a Roland EXR46oriental and the sound stays until you release but the effects and preset volumes change even though you are still hearing the original sound.
On a Yamaha Tyros3 the sound stays but the effects, volume and EQ paramaters change while you are still holding the same keys down but the sound doesn't change until you release.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online