SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
Topic Options
#292806 - 09/14/10 05:31 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
That was a touching novel, Diki.

I see you are another one who does not comprehend the word "NO".

Ian

#292807 - 09/14/10 05:42 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Personally, I'd be ashamed if my employer and favorite marque could only dominate in one segment, when all it needs to do to dominate across the board was cobble a different size keyboard onto what is already the best selling 61.

Is that laziness, incompetence, or both?

Neither...it's simply called clever marketing strategy, in case you weren't aware.

Why waste resources on a minuscule market that is already crowded?

You may not like Yamaha's strategy, but it works for them.

Trying to please everybody is a sure way to fail.

Why not learn to accept Yamaha's "NO" with grace and dignity, instead of revealing your total ignorance of basic marketing.

Ian

#292808 - 09/14/10 05:53 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My 'basic ignorance' of marketing extends to the fact that, if one company can address a minuscule market, and make a profit, any other one can, too...

They forget to teach you that one in marketing school?

And, once again (none so blind as those that keep their eyes, ears and mind shut) Yamaha have NOT ignored that 'minuscule' market segment. In fact, they have a whole DIVISION dedicated to it. They make 76 arrangers, and 88 arrangers. JUST BAD ONES...

But doing that is great marketing, isn't it, Ian?

#292809 - 09/14/10 06:14 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Still having a problem with the word "NO", Diki?

Yamaha competes very successfully with Casio in the entry to mid level 76/88 note piano based arranger market.

They aren't interested in a small piece of the small pie that is the 76 note TOTL arranger market.

Trying to please everyone is bad business...very basic stuff you would know, if you actually understood rudimentary marketing.

But since you can't even comprehend the meaning of a simple word like "NO", it can't be expected you'd ever be able to grasp simple marketing savvy.

Stick to things you know, and stop wasting time trying to badger, guilt-trip, and shame a huge successful company into doing what you, an ordinary musician with obviously no marketing skills, thinks they should be doing, and get that ego down to a manageable level.

You'll feel a lot more peaceful.

Ian

#292810 - 09/14/10 06:55 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I spoke with a friend at Yamaha today. The price for the new Tyros4 will be the same as the Tyros3 and although a few have arrived they are being quality control tested and they don't expect to ship to dealers until October.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#292811 - 09/14/10 07:00 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I spoke with a friend at Yamaha today. The price for the new Tyros4 will be the same as the Tyros3 and although a few have arrived they are being quality control tested and they don't expect to ship to dealers until October.

I'm told we are to expect them in Canada late October.

Ian

#292812 - 09/14/10 08:34 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Dnj Offline

And any word on the release of the new
S series units?..... 61 keys of course

#292813 - 09/14/10 11:28 PM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
Rich Z Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Still having a problem with the word "NO", Diki?

Yamaha competes very successfully with Casio in the entry to mid level 76/88 note piano based arranger market.

They aren't interested in a small piece of the small pie that is the 76 note TOTL arranger market.

Trying to please everyone is bad business...very basic stuff you would know, if you actually understood rudimentary marketing.

But since you can't even comprehend the meaning of a simple word like "NO", it can't be expected you'd ever be able to grasp simple marketing savvy.

Stick to things you know, and stop wasting time trying to badger, guilt-trip, and shame a huge successful company into doing what you, an ordinary musician with obviously no marketing skills, thinks they should be doing, and get that ego down to a manageable level.

You'll feel a lot more peaceful.

Ian

Sheesh.... So who made you the marketing God?

I've done enough selling in the past to have learned a thing or two, and the number one rule of marketing is that if you are deficient in some area with your product, and someone buys someone else's product because of that deficiency, then you lost market share. It may be small, but it's percentages of market that make or break a company's bottom line.

So yeah, if someone buys a 76 key arranger from a company other than Yamaha because that is what they WANT, and Yamaha wasn't offering it, then Yamaha just lost a customer. THAT, my friend is marketing 101. Offer as many potential customers as you can whatever it is that they want to buy. See how SIMPLE that is?

And BTW, telling potential customers "NO" is about as dumb of a strategy as I can imagine for ANY company to do. It ONLY works if a company is a sole source of a product and has absolutely NO competition in that field. Otherwise they just wind up fumbling the ball into the other team's hands.

#292814 - 09/15/10 12:19 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Z:

I've done enough selling in the past to have learned a thing or two, and the number one rule of marketing is that if you are deficient in some area with your product, and someone buys someone else's product because of that deficiency, then you lost market share. It may be small, but it's percentages of market that make or break a company's bottom line.

So yeah, if someone buys a 76 key arranger from a company other than Yamaha because that is what they WANT, and Yamaha wasn't offering it, then Yamaha just lost a customer. THAT, my friend is marketing 101. Offer as many potential customers as you can whatever it is that they want to buy. See how SIMPLE that is?

And BTW, telling potential customers "NO" is about as dumb of a strategy as I can imagine for ANY company to do. It ONLY works if a company is a sole source of a product and has absolutely NO competition in that field. Otherwise they just wind up fumbling the ball into the other team's hands.

Well said. Making a 76 key arranger is the next best thing that Yamaha could do especially since it does not affect the persons that like 61 keys.

#292815 - 09/15/10 01:22 AM Re: TYROS 4 Now I'm Excited!!!!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Z:

Who made me the marketing god? I don't know, but it sounds to me like you assume that you are one.

You are simply another one who can't understand "NO".

And, I disagree...the number one rule in marketing is NOT if you are deficient in some area with your product, and someone buys someone else's product because of that deficiency, then you lost market share.

You might consider that trying to please everybody is a noble sentiment, but it does not work in business, nor does it work in real life.

Yamaha simply aren't interested in a small piece of the small pie that is the 76 note TOTL arranger market.

Thanks for the interesting reply with the wonderfully wrapped package of little wisdom and many words...how do you do it?

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-15-2010).]

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online