SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#297259 - 10/24/10 02:17 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Real accordion players use the 41 keys for chords..

Yep...that's right...we do.

But, a well phrased melody is just as effective.

Just like a painter...different size brushes...choose the right colors.

Ian

#297260 - 10/24/10 04:33 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I guess if you spend most of your RH prowess on aping a sung melody line, you really only need a couple of octaves or so (few singers have even that much range). Only needing one octave for your One Finger System, that basically reduces your need down to a 37 note arranger.

Just THINK how light and easily portable that would be..!

Maybe you could start a 300 post thread asking for it...?

#297261 - 10/24/10 05:27 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I guess if you spend most of your RH prowess on aping a sung melody line, you really only need a couple of octaves or so (few singers have even that much range). Only needing one octave for your One Finger System, that basically reduces your need down to a 37 note arranger.

Actually 41 is with the fingered chord...and, I don't always play simple melody lines...it depends on the instrument I've selected.

Sax and other winds would be monophonic so that's a given...guitars and Acoustic pianos and Electric pianos would have more chording.

People play for years on a 41 note accordion...not much different than using a 61 key arranger.

That's probably why 61 works so well.

Ian

#297262 - 10/24/10 06:55 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I finally get it...why some of you think 61 is all you need!

You are only playing chords with the left hand! ????? And you fine with a small area to play them. And you only play one split area on the right?
There's a whole word out there that goes beyond only chords in the left hand, and one zone on the right.

Arranger played in piano style...chord recognition on left AND right..then play piano style.

OR...orchetstral pieces where left hand does some fill work, maybe some percussions etc.

When I was into organs we had MINUMUM 74 keys, 37...on both manuals. Wander why they didn't make them with 30.5 keys / manual?

Lee S.

#297263 - 10/24/10 07:17 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I finally get it...why some of you think 61 is all you need!

You are only playing chords with the left hand! ????? And you fine with a small area to play them. And you only play one split area on the right?
There's a whole word out there that goes beyond only chords in the left hand, and one zone on the right.

Arranger played in piano style...chord recognition on left AND right..then play piano style.

OR...orchetstral pieces where left hand does some fill work, maybe some percussions etc.

When I was into organs we had MINUMUM 74 keys, 37...on both manuals. Wander why they didn't make them with 30.5 keys / manual?

Lee S.

there are OTHER choices aren't there?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-24-2010).]

#297264 - 10/24/10 08:24 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

Lee,

Do you have any recordings where you can demonstrate your technique?

Ian

#297265 - 10/24/10 09:22 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Lee,

Do you have any recordings where you can demonstrate your technique?

Ian

"Slowly I turned"...

#297266 - 10/24/10 10:40 PM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Well, let me put it this way...

Lee, do you have any recordings where you can demonstrate your technique? You don't have to post here...send them to me.

It's also possible to do a split on my PSR...I can do one on the RH...the Tyros will do two....it's handy.

Ian

#297267 - 10/25/10 06:51 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Some time in the near future. Today...I play like I did with the organ (just LH chords), ...By the way, my comment on LH chords only was prompted by remembering how my good friend Rob Sherratt in Greece played when we visted him. It was very interesting. I always thought the chord recognition was based on L. or R. of split. I did not really know how well the PA2XPRO sorted out chords when playing Piano style across the keyboard, until I visited him. (Expert mode)

After my visit I was encouraged to learn piano as I liked how he played the Korg arranger.

76 just gives more rooom for piano style platying and larger split areas Especially with 2 splits on RH).

Here is an example of Rob's style of playing.(and the new Piano he and James did, that I have on my PA)
http://www.irishacts.com/mp3/09-piano-demo2.mp3

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 10-25-2010).]

#297268 - 10/25/10 08:49 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ian,
Some time in th near future. Today...I play like I did with the organ (just LH chords), ...By the way, my comment on LH chords only was prompted by remembering how my good friend Rob Sherratt in Greece played when we visted him. It was very interesting. I always thought the chord recognition was based on L. or R. of split. I did not really know how well the PA2XPRO sorted out chords when playing Piano style across the keyboard, until I visited him. (AI mode)

After my visit I was encouraged to learn piano as I liked how he played the Korg.

76 just gives more rooom for piano style and larger split areas.

Lee S.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply...whenever you get around to it is fine...I'd appreciate it.

I use right hand splits occasionally, and sometimes piano mode, or Full Keyboard AI, but mostly I'm a confirmed Left Hand Chords, Right Hand melody (often with chords) kind of player...I play relatively simply, trying for accuracy, which has become my preferred arranger style.

Someday, I hope to be able to play as fancy as Fran.

Thanks for the great link...a fine player, to be sure.

Ian

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online