SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#298025 - 10/28/10 02:54 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Dnj Offline

And yet here's some nice PA800 demos...

enjoy

Scroll down for more...
http://www.ruclip.com/video/gU1AZgGO6mc/korg-pa800-piano-demo.html

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-28-2010).]

#298026 - 10/28/10 03:22 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Ian,
it's really such a pity you can't get access to a korg to try.

You'd love the style editing functions.
Whether or not you'd like the styles is another matter. Yammie & korg styles are different.

You can do your mix n matching of style tracks. You can even use the tracks fom the pads & incorporate them into the style ( & vice versa, ie create a pad from a style track).

Then of course you've got the ability of creating or editing a style in a pc sequencer.
Fairly similar to the way a yammie style looks in a pc sequencer with the markers etc. Actually that's how I convert my old yammie styles to korg format.
Change the markers to suit Korg, remap some of the wrong drums, move the minor Intro's & Endings to the end of the midifile. Save & import it into the Korg. I've now got a style. Then I have to do a bit of tweaking in the korg.

Basically it would be the same way I'd record a style from scratch, if I had the talent. haahaa

best wishes
Rikki

That sounds really cool, Rikki...I would love to have a chance to play one, or even take one home for a few days...if they had them at the local store, it wouldn't be a problem.

I really liked what I heard, as far as the styles, and, of course, being able to edit so extensively, and so minutely would be a great benefit to me.

I knew that you were a dedicated style maker, so I figured the system must be pretty good if you were pleased with it; plus you could unbiasedly compare it against the Yamaha method.

Well, now that Roland is out of the picture, maybe a few stores will bring in a Korg arranger or two....hopefully.

All the best,

Ian

#298027 - 10/28/10 11:25 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Well, now that Roland is out of the picture, maybe a few stores will bring in a Korg arranger or two....hopefully.

LOL... Personally, as poor a job of selling the quite excellent Roland G and E series arrangers as those stores did, I would imagine that Korg wouldn't want to touch THEM with a bargepole!

Roland shifted their arranger line over from MI stores that know about electronics, to CK stores that basically wanted to sell you a piano, and hadn't got a clue how to show a complex modern arranger. That, combined with not even MAKING them carry the line in store at most locations led to the demise of Roland in the US. They had good product, but no-one could find it, and no-one could show it, and no-one was interested in selling it (you make a heck of a site more selling a KR piano than an E60!)...

Let's hope Korg DON'T take a leaf out of this playbook!

#298028 - 10/28/10 11:46 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
LOL... Personally, as poor a job of selling the quite excellent Roland G and E series arrangers as those stores did, I would imagine that Korg wouldn't want to touch THEM with a bargepole!

Let's hope Korg DON'T take a leaf out of this playbook!

The stores in my area/territory were selling G and E series alongside Yamaha Tyros/PSR arrangers, and the excellent Rolands did not sell.

I do know for certain, that Roland did no demos, or clinics, or promotions of any kind. Diddly squat.

In addition, the excellent G-70 and E-80 were also considered too heavy for any kind of OMB.

It's simple...if you don't make people realize what these instruments can do, they aren't going to sell.

If Korg follows in the same footsteps as Roland, one can expect similar results.

Frank sells arrangers, because Frank knows how to promote/demo/support the product...same for George.

Ian

PS...it's too bad you couldn't convince your local dealers to carry the lucrative arranger products (whatever brand), and hire you to demo them...you'd do an excellent job; they'd make a nice profit, and you'd make some extra cash.

#298029 - 10/29/10 01:20 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What percentage of sales was OMB's? You are quick enough to discount their impact when they ask for OMB needed features. If the weight of a Clavinova or KR type keyboard is not enough to prevent a sale, why is the MUCH lighter G70 going to be penalized..?

I agree that Roland marketed the G and E series ineffectually. But, if Roland HAD have promoted and supported the arrangers with as effective a program as Yamaha did, do you honestly think they STILL wouldn't sell?

#298030 - 10/29/10 01:30 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Dnj Offline

Your all gonna eat your words....
don't count Roland out as of yet in the Arranger KB market..
Just be patient, enjoy what you play now, & wait & see.

#298031 - 10/29/10 01:40 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
What percentage of sales was OMB's? You are quick enough to discount their impact when they ask for OMB needed features. If the weight of a Clavinova or KR type keyboard is not enough to prevent a sale, why is the MUCH lighter G70 going to be penalized..?

I agree that Roland marketed the G and E series ineffectually. But, if Roland HAD have promoted and supported the arrangers with as effective a program as Yamaha did, do you honestly think they STILL wouldn't sell?

Many OMB's I sell PSR to, are guitar players who want to record their own SMF at home on a keyboard, and have something light enough to take to a gig for playback.

Plus, some do play keyboard as well in their act.

We had one store where the salesguy, a good buddy of mine, was a Roland enthusiast, and I actually helped him with the arrangers, on my own time.

He really liked the G-70 a lot.

He said once someone lifted the G-70, and realized how heavy and awkward it would be in a case, they went for a PSR...plus, it didn't have speakers.

Home buyers thought it was too "pro" and pro buyers don't buy arrangers.

Roland did not support the product in my territory...now, it may have been different elsewhere, but, for the most part, they did nothing.

If they had a clinician to showcase the instruments, I'm sure even the G-70 would have done well (if you added/included a nice speaker package), and the E-80 equally so...mainly to "home players" mind you, but to most customers, these instruments were a mystery.

It's a shame, but it's basically the company's fault...my territory is one of the better "arranger" markets.

You have to generate excitemnt, and show support to sell these instruments...having one salesguy, who you see everyday, doesn't quite do it.

You have to bring in someone new, invite clients, serve refreshments, have fun...that's what works.

Ian

#298032 - 10/29/10 05:30 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
I hope your right..I would love to see a new Roland TOTL arranger. Then I could look at the New Korg, Roland and T4 to decide which is best for my style of playng.

You seem to really think they (Roland) are not done...is it guessng or are you connected?

Lee S.

#298033 - 10/29/10 05:46 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
You seem to really think they (Roland) are not done...is it guessng or are you connected? Lee S.

leeboy let's just say Fran is my best friend

#298034 - 10/29/10 07:30 PM Re: Korg Pa2x pro demos..
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
OK....I see..yes I have a friend over seas too.

Lee S.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online