Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Check it out inluding a two manual organ
The last part is really good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9XNfWNooz4

#300630 - 12/11/10 05:42 AM Re: Ipad Band
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
That is awesome, thanks Bernie. Yep, last song is fab.

#300631 - 12/11/10 06:50 AM Re: Ipad Band
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very nice !
Thanks for posting

Impuls

#300632 - 12/11/10 07:20 AM Re: Ipad Band
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As interesting/awesome/whatever that might be, is THAT the future of music?????

... it seemed like the 'drummer' was hitting the touch screen pretty hard ... wonder how much of a beating that will take ...

t.

#300633 - 12/11/10 10:17 AM Re: Ipad Band
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
is THAT the future of music?????

Not likely, it's more of a gimmick. The second song was fully of mistakes....ouch..!!!
Interesting to watch though.

Regards
James

#300634 - 12/11/10 11:00 AM Re: Ipad Band
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Not likely, it's more of a gimmick. The second song was fully of mistakes....ouch..!!!

Regards
James

But some of those things (espescially some options as a controller) will make their way intoo the professional musicbuisenesz

http://keyszone.boards.net

#300635 - 12/11/10 11:33 AM Re: Ipad Band
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
But some of those things (espescially some options as a controller) will make their way intoo the professional musicbuisenesz

I think it greatly depends on what you mean. MultiTouch Screen will be heavily featured on everything in the future as a controller, but the iPad as a musical tool it's really only every going to be a “Play Thing” to mess around on or a scratch pad for an idea or two.

It's operating system and it's price tag will ultimately be the reason why it will die a death very soon. Why buy an iPad with a limited closed OS when you can buy a full blown Windows 7 Tablet for less and that can do anything you want.

My 2 cents.
James.

#300636 - 12/12/10 08:23 AM Re: Ipad Band
Bachus Offline

Quote:
I think it greatly depends on what you mean. MultiTouch Screen will be heavily featured on everything in the future as a controller, but the iPad as a musical tool it's really only every going to be a “Play Thing” to mess around on or a scratch pad for an idea or two.

It's operating system and it's price tag will ultimately be the reason why it will die a death very soon. Why buy an iPad with a limited closed OS when you can buy a full blown Windows 7 Tablet for less and that can do anything you want.

My 2 cents.
James.

You know whats the difference between an apple OS and a Windows OS, on apple products everything works as intended, On windows systems you allways find yourself tweaking and changing settings to get things to run perfect, Both companies make more money from their products then what would be healthy...

Apple makes products for the happy few, windows products are for the masses..

In the end Apple will survive as the happy few can pay it, WIndows will slowly vaporize while open source products take its place...

THe I-pad has a broad future as mediazine.. the paper of the future where foto's, movies, books, magazines all blend together.. Its a special kind of products these pads..and they are not meant or created for making music..

So this is where we agree, soon there will be instruments with multi touch screens 76 keys and 22" multi touch screens that are also pressure sensitive. These will allow you the ultimate freedom in making music weather you play classical Instruments or use it as a beat box..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#300637 - 12/12/10 10:04 AM Re: Ipad Band
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
You know whats the difference between an apple OS and a Windows OS, on apple products everything works as intended, On windows systems you allways find yourself tweaking and changing settings to get things to run perfect,

Tweaking and changing what for example?
You make it sound like nothing runs right on Windows if you don't tweak Windows, yet I've never had to tweak anything ever and I don't even know what your referring to that needs adjusting.

Quote:
Apple makes products for the happy few, windows products are for the masses..

Exactly, Microsoft owns 95% and Apple owns 5%

Quote:
In the end Apple will survive as the happy few can pay it, WIndows will slowly vaporize while open source products take its place.

Let be real here, any company which owns 95% of the market ain’t going anywhere any time soon.

Apple's downfall is the fact that you have no choice in anything. The system is locked down, and every single iPad and iPhone all look the exact same. There's no variation in anything, it's like a dictatorship.

Windows 7 phones are coming out in over 20 different flavours, and there's also an array of Tablets on the way all different, but all running a full OS.

Apple are not going to be able to compete with that. They will as always have their fan boys loyalty but the rest of the word will buy what they want, and run on it what they want.

Quote:
THe I-pad has a broad future as mediazine.. the paper of the future where foto's, movies, books, magazines all blend together.. Its a special kind of products these pads..and they are not meant or created for making music..

That view does not take into consideration Android devoices, Cloud, Windows 7, and the Kindle type devices. All of which cost significantly less than an iPad and more offer infinitely more function.

All of which by this time next year will be available on a huge range.

I like Apple, I have an iPhone myself but it ain’t the utopia Fan Boys believe it is. I can think of 3 instances in my time owning an iPhone where Apple actually killed certain functions and bough instability to the phone. The latest OS runs so freaking slow on my wifes 3G phone that it makes it almost unusable. Everyone on Apples forums feel the same way about it too.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-12-2010).]

#300638 - 12/12/10 11:46 AM Re: Ipad Band
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Regards
James

James,

A Bit like X factor the audience liked it mistakes and all, bet they didn't do much rehearsing
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online