SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#311664 - 01/09/11 07:00 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: Kabinopus]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Kabinopus,

Thanks for that nice holiday card you created and sent me.

#311667 - 01/09/11 07:40 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: Scottyee]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Taike
86.4F in Vientiane:)
Nice and sunny without the usual humidity. Perfect weather!
Taike

Sounds nice. cool
Is this where you've re-settled (from Taiwan) to?
Taike, Where exactly is Vientiane?

Vientiane's the capital of Laos, Scott. It's situated along the Mekong River. In fact, Thailand is at the other side. Breathtaking sunsets every night!

I'm in Ban Sivilay (Sivilay Village) which is a short drive from Vientiane City. Nothing beats living in a village.

Taike

#311670 - 01/09/11 08:07 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: Taike]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Taike
Vientiane's the capital of Laos, Scott. It's situated along the Mekong River. In fact, Thailand is at the other side. Breathtaking sunsets every night!
I'm in Ban Sivilay (Sivilay Village) which is a short drive from Vientiane City. Nothing beats living in a village.

Fascinating Taike. Would be cool to see some pics once you've settled into your new digs. cool

#311673 - 01/09/11 09:09 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: cgiles]
124 Offline

Since weather reports have become part of this thread, I'll mention that we've just had 36 hours of non-stop snowfall (yes, about two feet, chas), the temperature has hovered around the -15C mark, and now we're in for a ten day cold snap. Highs around -25C, lows around -34C. Oh, and there'll be some windchill added to that. Just in case anyone asks, no I don't know what I'm doing here.

#311675 - 01/09/11 09:15 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave,

I think you've lost it--LOVE SNOW? Well, for me it's palm trees, snow-white sand, turquoise waters, and 75-degrees f. Almost forgot. There's usually a side benefit of younger ladies wearing itsy-witsy teeny-weeny yellow polka-dot bikinis. After seeing your latest photo, though, you probably forgot about those things. wink

And yes, Chas, I figured it out right away. smile

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#311678 - 01/09/11 09:32 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We even have snow in Louisiana today. Grandson got to throw a few snowballs. It may be his last chance for years!
DonM

#311679 - 01/09/11 09:36 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Glad to hear that Gary, after all, it WAS pretty deep........two feet deep, in fact smile smile. BTW, I'm with you on the palm trees and all, never should have left Hawaii (or Florida). Being closer to the grandkids is definitely not worth it, the little buggers.

Since this has turned into weather reporting, we're now in the middle of snow and freezing rain. All schools and the like are closed tomorrow. I'll be spending the day drowning my sorrows over the Eagle's loss today. Oh well, I still have my adopted team, the Atlanta Falcons, to root for.

chas

#311687 - 01/09/11 10:40 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Glad to hear that Gary, after all, it WAS pretty deep........two feet deep, in fact smile smile. BTW, I'm with you on the palm trees and all, never should have left Hawaii (or Florida). Being closer to the grandkids is definitely not worth it, the little buggers.

Since this has turned into weather reporting, we're now in the middle of snow and freezing rain. All schools and the like are closed tomorrow. I'll be spending the day drowning my sorrows over the Eagle's loss today. Oh well, I still have my adopted team, the Atlanta Falcons, to root for.

chas

Guess now I have to root for my #2 team THE JETS!!! cool

#311739 - 01/10/11 11:18 AM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: cgiles]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I had that snow and freezing cold for over 50 years and that's enough for me.

It's currently 77 degrees in sunny Tampa today; we should be getting rain this afternoon. I like these conditions so much better.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#311761 - 01/10/11 05:23 PM Re: Terrible winter - two feet of snow [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Al,

with luck I'll be sailing to your neighborhood during the winter of 2012. We're expecting about 6 inches of snow tonight and lots more Saturday. 77 and sunny sounds a whole lot better to this old man.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online