SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#313826 - 01/24/11 08:46 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes I think you are right but I don't do gigs but play as a hobby. I will probably go for the PA3x. For me this is a huge upgrade going from a PA500 to a PA3x. And there will be a Musikant version also of the PA3x with more then 500 styles and extra samples. Oh boy what to choose smile

#313828 - 01/24/11 08:54 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Unless you are doing primarily legacy music, I'd still go for that Kronos. You can always take the MIDI output of a BK, save as a MIDI file, then massage it to play the Kronos sounds...

And possibly take whole styles and convert them to KARMA scenes, and still noodle around live, too. So much of what makes an arranger great is the stuff that makes it easy to play live for a gig. Drop the need for that, and perhaps just the basic SOUND is a more important consideration?

#313831 - 01/24/11 09:05 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
Yes I think you are right but I don't do gigs but play as a hobby. I will probably go for the PA3x. For me this is a huge upgrade going from a PA500 to a PA3x. And there will be a Musikant version also of the PA3x with more then 500 styles and extra samples. Oh boy what to choose smile

Perhaps, Frans, it might depend on how much you like playing using styles, as opposed to playing over SMF?

I'm primarily a style player, and if I was choosing, I'd go for the PA3X.

I'm sure the Kronos would work alright with the Roland module, but, in my case, I'd prefer everything in the one box...hence the PA3X.

Might you be considering the PA3XPro as well?

Ian

#313833 - 01/24/11 09:17 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: ianmcnll]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes I like playing styles but I also like synthesizers. Actually I don't care much for DNC or SA voices I like fantasy sounds. And the Kronos is a dream machine with 9 engines. I really am not sure what I gonna do. I also need to know more about that BK 7m

I think I missed something. Is there also a PA3xPro?

#313834 - 01/24/11 09:22 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN
Yes I like playing styles but I also like synthesizers. Actually I don't care much for DNC or SA voices I like fantasy sounds. And the Kronos is a dream machine with 9 engines. I really am not sure what I gonna do. I also need to know more about that BK 7m

I think I missed something. Is there also a PA3xPro?

The Kronos is certainly an impressive instrument...I think it would have lots of fantasy type sounds, and, of course, it has the Karma going for it too.

I suspect there will be a PA3XPro, just like there was a PA2XPro.

If the styles in the BK&m could be made to trigger the Kronos sound set, that would be awesome too.

Ian

#314265 - 01/28/11 12:10 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yep, I agree..to me the PA3 is not really announced yet.
BUT, every terrible demo pushes me closer to s T4.

Nothing on KorgPA tells me they have not finished the board and may not even have agreed with the pre-announce in US. Korg USA may have pushed for the early annonce not Korg Corp.

But, I will not buy either...until I hear the PA3 for myself.
And that same day I will need to play the T4, again.

With the arranger needs I have and the kind of music I like...the T4 has a 75% chance of winning the war.

#314334 - 01/28/11 07:01 PM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

No PA3XPRO this time around...just a PA3x 61 and 76.
None have the built in speakers..the snap on speakers is an option for either one as well.

#314380 - 01/29/11 06:35 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I am definitely a candidate for a PA3x ... if it is ALL THAT, but there is no way the T4 would find it's way into my rig without a longer key throw and a more attached speaker system. I know this has been said before, and I'm not sold on that bazooka on the Korg either. I'm just sticking with my instincts - the harmonizer and the speakers are paramount for me, and the T4 is missing both. (you know what I mean .. the harmonizer has to be amazing)
So, I'm saving my pennies, and watching on-line demos till I get that call from Frankie V to get me all excited again. For now ... I'm tweaking and re tweaking the PA800 for tonight's performance. 2 of my graduates are coming in to sing with me .... I miss them so much when they go .... snif. It's a good think I'm not an ER doctor! lol

#314381 - 01/29/11 06:43 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
leeboy Offline

So...Dave..IF you didn't need the VH or attached speakers at all, AND realistic orchestral sound was BIG...would you go T4 or PA3X?

#314382 - 01/29/11 06:50 AM Re: Korg Pa3X : Frank Ventresca Checks it out @ Namm [Re: Scottyee]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Lee, I haven't heard either one yet, but I already know that I don't like the key feel on any Yamaha arrangers, so I'd give the edge to Korg just for sheer playability. I realize that this is an objective opinion, but over the years, I have come to rely on feel more than sound. If you've ever played Rhodes or Clavs, you'll understand what I mean. There are so many nuances that you get from dynamic touch and velocity, so if you don;t like the key feel - it throws your whole game off. I'm getting very comfortable with the keys on my new Nord Electro3, and I'm actually thinking of taking 2 boards out just so I can enjoy the sounds that it does so well from my formative years as a young player in the 60s and 70s.
I remember my first Rhodes like it was yesterday .... the smell of the Tolex, the ring of those sweet bell tones .... it was a musical orgasm, and this E3come SO close to that ... it's like a dream come true.

As for orchestral sounds .... I'm a rhythm player who accompanies my singing. I need chords sounds more than lead sounds - always have. I could play all night long with a good solid piano(EP), bass, drum sound. Add organ next and everything else is gravy!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online