SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#315087 - 02/03/11 09:53 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Scottyee]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Nigel.... Aren't you a sweetheart! One of those females is me!

Scott... Love your poll! Even though it confirms what most of us already know, it is interesting, informative and therefore valuable.....kinda like you Scotty!

Thank you both for all you do.... Elizabeth...70-79..Technics...U.S. NM

#315095 - 02/03/11 01:02 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: etwo4788]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Scott, I teach graduate level perception research using SASS and SPSS-X analysis techniques. There are probably some issues with the science here...but it's NEAT!

People need to recognize that it's a simple, fun snapshot
of the folks here. There are tests for the statistical significance (*R value, or accuracy) of responses based on total views vs responses, total responses vs membership, and lots of other details. Those values may not be great, but, so what?

These are real responses from real members and, "warts and all", the first real data, other than total numbers available in an easy to understand, entertaining format.

SWEET!

Russ

#315154 - 02/03/11 10:19 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: gilbert]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: gilbert
I would add, that Taike post which I consider to be a valid assessment ,when generalisations are being used to achieve a specific end, I can also fully understand and see where he is coming from.

Although his comments may not be in line with the objectives of this survey,it is worth bearing in mind these sensitivities for the future,

Gilbert.

While I appreciate your sensitivity .... do you really think anyone here has the patience and time to create a poll with 100s of countries. God help them if they missed one. That would be insane and really wouldn't achieve anything useful at all. I wouldn't even want to see someone try it. That's why I was critical of the suggestion to do that. It would be totally pointless.

#315155 - 02/03/11 10:23 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: etwo4788]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: etwo4788
Nigel.... Aren't you a sweetheart! One of those females is me!

I guessed you were most probably the other voter but didn't want to say that in case I was wrong. We all love you Elizabeth. You arranger girls keep us guys grounded. dancers

So are you enjoying the new forum software and the extra features it provides?

#315164 - 02/04/11 01:42 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
"Pointless" is my middle name. grin But I do know my geography! laugh

Taike

#315166 - 02/04/11 01:47 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Taike]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Taike

Taike

lol

#315170 - 02/04/11 02:03 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Nigel]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: Taike

Taike

lol

rotf2 Anyone with bigger balls than mine, step forward! whistle

Taike

#315286 - 02/05/11 02:33 AM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Nigel]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, This was a great idea. It answered many questions that I have asked myself like, What percentage of keyboard players are still using a Technics keyboards? And, What type of music is being favored?
I feel the people who did not post are the same people who normally do not share.
IMHO, John C.

#315436 - 02/05/11 10:30 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok folks, it's now been over a week since I initiated this poll so thought it a good time to attempt to make sense of the results gathered so far,
but because the results appear to 'speak for themselves' I've decided instead, to provide important factual data on the Synthzone Membership itself,
which I've obtained from the Synthzone forum's "USER" list statistics. All figures shown are approximate and rounded off:

Total Members (from 1999 to present): 31,675
Members with more than 05 posts: 2,525
Members with more than 10 posts: 1,625
Members with more than 500 posts: 150
Members with more than 1000 posts: 75
Members with more than 2000 posts: 50
Members with more than 2500 posts: 25

The total number of member poll respondents (so far) is 75, so my guess is these primarily include the most active participating members, members with more than 1000 posts (see above).

Based on this, as well as the poll results, I'm really interested to hear what kind of conclusions other members might have to make about our membership as a whole. smile

#315529 - 02/06/11 05:40 PM Re: Poll:Member Age, Location, Arr Brand, Music Played [Re: Nigel]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I found the nitpicking amusing since that is exactly what a university faculty meeting is like. I participated in too many to count. Retirement is much more fun.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online