SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#319986 - 03/23/11 06:06 PM O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Probably related to a previous thread about gasoline prices...

Edited by trident (03/23/11 06:31 PM)

#319996 - 03/23/11 08:02 PM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
What the heck is that all about?!?!? ... and is that really money??? ... she certainly seems blase about the whole thing ...

#320046 - 03/24/11 12:04 PM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
trident Offline

Well, it looks like money, and there are people in the background frantically sweeping it off the floor. They wouldn't be that eager it they were paper napkins.

#320098 - 03/24/11 11:43 PM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just a quick, random thought. . . could it be there is profit in selling oil to the U. S.
I sure wish we had some we could drill for ourselves, like in Alaska or the Gulf of Mexico.
DonM

#320133 - 03/25/11 09:55 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Had QUITE enough of drilling in the Gulf of Mexico thank you very much..!

In fact, here's a tip for your tip jar. Go and move to where they are drilling for it. Get a nice house next to the refinery, or on the shore where the oil washes up. Hey, how about you contact your Congressman, and tell them you DON'T mind them putting up a nice nuclear reactor next to your home, too! I mean, if you want CLEAN energy and all that!

The United States of Amnesia. All it takes is one gas hike, and you all forget anything from a year ago. Pathetic!

computer

#320137 - 03/25/11 10:59 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
The USA has the answer, a true solution, and that is natural gas. Over the past few years, we have witnessed the beginnings of a paradigm shift in energy exploration. The shales that we drill through to get to good reservoir rock are now being produced for their natural gas content. This was not possible until fairly recently. Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing have changed the game. Crappy shale rock is now the mother lode. And we are awash in it. We have enough nat gas onshore for many decades. It's a true game changer. We could solve this nation's energy crisis by converting a large portion of the transportation fleet to use natural gas instead of gasoline. All they have to do is make a commitment to do it... install nat gas filling stations across the country. We got plenty gas, just need outlets. If they do not do this, it's proof to me that the powers that be don't really want to solve this. Because it IS a solution and it wouldn't be difficult to do it. Just do it.

Oil and gas exploration is my business.

#320142 - 03/25/11 12:46 PM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You see the HBO special on people living near fractionated gas wells, though? Seems there's a pretty high price to pay environmentally for those wells...

Is this what we want? Lower fuel cost, no matter the long term cost?

Oil and gas exploration has KILLED my business..!

#320161 - 03/25/11 03:24 PM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
This is what happens when you have alot of money, it's a custom.
In other words, money talks and bull***t walks. smile

#320188 - 03/26/11 03:16 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
The USA has the answer, a true solution, and that is natural gas.

I am surprised this hasn't happened here before. It happened in other countries including Australia 30 years ago. Commercial fleets of cars such as taxis were converted to natural gas back in the early 80s and gas stations then added natural gas to their services.

#320193 - 03/26/11 06:38 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: vangelis]
trident Offline

Vangeli xronia polla gia xtes, gia kapoio logo den mporo na grapso Ellhnika

O typos kanei megali zimia....

Edited by trident (03/26/11 07:04 AM)

#320197 - 03/26/11 07:24 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
Tony Hughes Offline

Looks at bit too immoral in many ways for SZ,I can see what's going on! They could do with sticking the money where the sun don't shine. I agree with Diki! God can she NOT sing!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#320222 - 03/26/11 10:33 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Looks at bit too immoral in many ways for SZ,I can see what's going on!

Yep very creepy frown

#320234 - 03/26/11 02:28 PM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
trident Offline

Tony Hughes,
what is the immoral thing that you see in the video and haven't seen again?

Nigel,
If I am not mistaken you moved the topic to the Bar because it was IMMORAL?

#320261 - 03/27/11 12:21 AM Re: O.T. - You tip jar? Too small for this tip... [Re: trident]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: trident
Nigel, If I am not mistaken you moved the topic to the Bar because it was IMMORAL?

Nope, I just felt that it was more suited to continuing here now. That is what The Bar was created for. Any OT threads that continue beyond a few days are always likely candidates to move to here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online