SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 47 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47 >
Topic Options
#320822 - 04/04/11 12:03 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
NICE PHOTO, DEPUTY DAWG!

R.

#320830 - 04/04/11 01:11 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Are we ever going to see a good Demo not professionally done by Roland or whomever, etc, but by someone in their house or whereever in a real playing situation that will showcase lots of styles and sounds as if you personally owned one?

Why are you so interested?? It has no lyrics display.

#320831 - 04/04/11 01:35 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think a hair of tolerance needs to populate this forum, especially when it is in regards to user demos. In fairness, we are mostly a forum of aging players and arranger enthusiasts, and few of us have any tolerance for 'dance' music from the 21st century, whether it's played well or not!

Bottom line for me... a G70/E80 equivalent, for less than $900?

Sign me up! Users are reporting tweak-free conversion from E80/G70 styles and registrations, including OTS settings. Plus this little wonder includes the 3 band parametric EQ from the E80/G70 that goes on each and every Part, style, song and keyboard, plus each and every drum sound in the entire kit (and a global one for the whole kit, too), which Don's E50 doesn't have, two independent Mastering sections for style and keyboard parts (which my G70 doesn't have!)...

So far, the only things I see missing is the VK organ, the harmonizer, the Guitar Mode (which sucks) and the Mark/Jump feature.

For $850!

Wait for the demos by players our own age...

My local store is getting one soon, I'll give you a hands on ASAP.

#320835 - 04/04/11 02:22 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki is right, or course. To disparage a posted performance, whether good or bad, would likely have the effect of discouraging members from posting their own performances. I guess I was feeling a little more honest than usual because I didn't think the player was a Synthzone member (although I realize that that shouldn't make a difference). In fact, upon re-listening (after Diki's reprimand smile ), the performance was not that bad. I was probably responding to the type of music (obviously a subjective thing) which I freely admit, is not my favorite. In fact, aside from maybe Gilbert and Sullivan, it may be the only thing that would make me change channels to the Country Music Awards smile smile .

The problem I have with these types of 'demos', is that they only show one single area of an obviously multi-faceted instrument. One song, one style, one voice, one drum kit, one player. If that 'one thing' doesn't happen to be your cup of tea, it could lead to a lot of unjustifiable and undeserved negatives about the machine. Sorry for the intolerance.

So Don, maybe you could just wound him smile.

chas

#320851 - 04/04/11 05:47 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yeah, what Chas said. We stand properly chastised.
Maybe I'll just shoot his camera so he can't do it again.
DonM

#320867 - 04/04/11 08:10 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

This and your C1 is going to be a hell of a combo, chas...

BTW, wasn't really trying to chastise, but after the pretty polarized posts on the PA3X threads, perhaps it might be best to not spread that problem any wider than it already is!

There's bad music, then there's bad musicians, and sometimes there's bad musicians playing bad music! And, doesn't it always seem that, whatever we MOST want to listen to, that last category is the one who will provide the web demo..!

computer

#320869 - 04/04/11 09:01 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Are we ever going to see a good Demo not professionally done by Roland or whomever, etc, but by someone in their house or whereever in a real playing situation that will showcase lots of styles and sounds as if you personally owned one?

Why are you so interested?? It has no lyrics display.

interested doesnt mean purchase mate.

#320871 - 04/04/11 09:26 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Here's a tidbit for Dennis... it appears that the Performances CAN be called up by MIDI. All 999 of them!

p.90 of the BK-7m_OM.pdf available from Roland

#320872 - 04/04/11 09:40 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Here's a tidbit for Dennis... it appears that the Performances CAN be called up by MIDI. All 999 of them!

p.90 of the BK-7m_OM.pdf available from Roland

Ooh cool thanks Diki....yes that is a BIG plus smile

Dennis

#320874 - 04/04/11 09:43 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

interested doesnt mean purchase mate.

Okay cool...I was just curious as you seem to disparage anyone who uses lyrics, but whenever these units are released with no lyrics read, you say it's a deal breaker for you...

I found it an interesting paradox.

Page 6 of 47 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online