SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 47 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 46 47 >
Topic Options
#320876 - 04/04/11 10:07 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Dnj Offline

To me on stage if you head is down reading lyrics you ain't looking at the audience..... but hey to each his own.

#320887 - 04/05/11 07:35 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I must admit, I am in accord with Dennis here... if you don't USE a certain feature, why is its omission so important?

Personally, I think the BK gets lyric display just right. For one thing, the display is too small. Yes, you WOULD be squinting just to read it. And then, the very nature of modules means REMOTE operation, whether from a MIDI accordion, guitar, or even another keyboard. So, you are unlikely to have the module somewhere where, even if it DID have a bigger display, you could read it.

But the video outs gives you the opportunity to drive a monitor of your choice (just how big do you NEED it? Well, that's the size it can be!), placed exactly where YOU want to put it, either just for your eyes, or as a big karaoke screen for the audience to sing along, or both. The whole POINT of a module is flexibility. This, IMO is more flexible that having them on that small screen...

But hey! What do you care? wink You NEVER use lyric displays, anyway, do you? rolleyes

#320891 - 04/05/11 08:23 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

But hey! What do you care? wink You NEVER use lyric displays, anyway, do you? rolleyes

No I don't...actually only in rare cases I'd bring lyrics up on my laptop, ....my inquiries were mostly for my buddy Fran who considers this a very important feature for his needs...doesn't change my views that if you sing in public you should make eye contact.
that said...enjoy your day I'm off to the movies. cool2

#320901 - 04/05/11 10:37 AM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

No I don't...actually only in rare cases I'd bring lyrics up on my laptop, ....my inquiries were mostly for my buddy Fran who considers this a very important feature for his needs...doesn't change my views that if you sing in public you should make eye contact.
that said...enjoy your day I'm off to the movies. cool2

Yes!!! Lyric and chord read on the internal screen..are very important to me....Chord extraction helps me to comp over any midi file...and lyrics for my tunes..a must...I will still have eye contact (especially pretty ladies) grin

The lack of read on the screen..I have zero interest in the BK-7m now...I wanted te BK to replace the Prelude in my band..allowing me to use a 76 key controller...My interest peaked in the larger capabilitie of storage..and my hope to read all the lyrics and chord extractions...

The Prelude is limited to internal memory..200 songs max...reading lyrics..

I agree with DonM..about the sounds of Roland....I have been using the Korg PA800 with the band ..next to the Prelude...and it amazes me...how much better the Prelude sounds over the Korg....and comparing to the G70 is no contest.. smile

I have no reservations about the sound quality on the BK-7m..I am sure it will be on par...

BTW: Sweetwater just called me and said the BK is ready to ship to me....but I cancelled..

PS: Maybe version 2 will make it right.. frown

Edited by Fran Carango (04/05/11 10:45 AM)

#320908 - 04/05/11 12:40 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But one good piano is all you need!

A little EQ, and that one good one covers 99% of all I need. I just use a spikier, more brittle one for reggae 'chinks', and that's it...

I am surprised at Fran, though. How on EARTH can you read lyrics off a tiny screen like the BK and Prelude on a gig? You'd have to squint down pretty close, wouldn't you..?

The G70, sure, that's JUST about as small as you can go (so you can sit and play normally, and not look like you are reading something off the screen), IMO. But that little display on the GW/Prelude/BK?

I'd rather use a bigger screen and place it where I can see it without hunching over. TBH.

#320909 - 04/05/11 01:00 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

But one good piano is all you need!

A little EQ, and that one good one covers 99% of all I need. I just use a spikier, more brittle one for reggae 'chinks', and that's it...

I am surprised at Fran, though. How on EARTH can you read lyrics off a tiny screen like the BK and Prelude on a gig? You'd have to squint down pretty close, wouldn't you..?

The G70, sure, that's JUST about as small as you can go (so you can sit and play normally, and not look like you are reading something off the screen), IMO. But that little display on the GW/Prelude/BK?

I'd rather use a bigger screen and place it where I can see it without hunching over. TBH.

Diki,the screen on the Prelude is much larger than the GW-8..in fact the lyrics are larger than on the G70...and yes , even if they are small..I still have good eyes...I want lyric read on the screen.. smile

#320910 - 04/05/11 01:16 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: miden]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

I have been using the Korg PA800 with the band ..next to the Prelude...and it amazes me...how much better the Prelude sounds over the Korg....and comparing to the G70 is no contest.. smile

ROTFL!!!! Is that why you needed to PM me to ask "...how do I get the factory styles off the PA800, to do conversions" If the styles are so bad why do you need to convert them to something else? ( and no thanks either wink )

Surely not the tin-box Prelude? And the G70 is sooooo dated in its sound department, (and operations for that matter, apart from makeup tools). Very much a glorified SC88-Pro. Even the VA76 sounded better than the G70, jmho after having owned all of them.

The only sounds on the G70 that are any better than the PA series are the pianos, and even then, only one of them.

WOW!!!!! so much for "private messaging" smile

Dennis , I never mentioned the styles..I actually like many of the Korg styles..in fact I have used a lot of the PAx styles for a couple years on my G70 and Prelude..

The comparison was sounds...Most of the other musicians in the audience have mentioned the difference....mostly sequence playback..but also MP3 playback..I am wondering if the PA800 has different audio outputs than the PA2x...or is the PA2x also not up to par... smile

As for sounds ..the GS way of sampling (pulse code modulation) has been a proven winner..Just compare the choirs , oohs, ahhs, scats, with other methods of sampling...Fantom, Motif, M3 or the PAx boards....they don't come close to G70/E80...

As for sequencing power...I think the outdated G70 is hard to beat....I do not care for the current Korg sequencers...they seem to have too many quirks..I will explain another time...and another post..

We all have our own opinions...what is most important in my world..."my opinion".. grin

#320918 - 04/05/11 03:40 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Ummm, I will certainly be VERY careful who I 'PM' in the future. I would hate to think that someone would divulge the contents of a private communication in an effort to embarras me. But hey, what does a 'jerk' know.

chas

#320919 - 04/05/11 03:45 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I am anxiously awaiting review & demo of the new Roland arranger module...
I am interested.

#320931 - 04/05/11 09:01 PM Re: Roland BK7M Modules Just Began Shipping [Re: George Kaye]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I heard that you can load all previous Roland dance styles (*STL?) into the BK7M, though the instruments will probably not match up. Anyone know anything about this?

Page 7 of 47 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 46 47 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online